• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just received this email from the New York Islanders.

GjbakI0.png

Sorry, Isles, I already have playoff priority for most of the Islanders' playoff games. Just not at Barclays.

Marvie_3

Banned
Kruger re-signed to a 3 year extension. Fine with it as long as he isnt getting much of a raise.

Hawks are set down the middle for awhile now:

Toews
Anisimov
Teravainen
Kruger

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dylan McIlrath has been re-evaluated, status changed from day-to-day to "out a couple of weeks."

Fortunately, it's a different knee from his past serious knee issues.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist is expected to return at some point this weekend (we have a back-to-back). Rick Nash might not be far behind him.

Erdrick

Just printed my tickets for the Jets and Predators game tonight. Wheeler, Scheifele and... Ladd are on them. =(

Sucks how things turned out with him here. Never wanted him to go. Hope he gets another cup with the Hawks this year though. He's earned the chance for it again.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just printed my tickets for the Jets and Predators game tonight. Wheeler, Scheifele and... Ladd are on them. =(

Sucks how things turned out with him here. Never wanted him to go. Hope he gets another cup with the Hawks this year though. He's earned the chance for it again.
You can have Bickell if it will help you cope with your loss

Socreges

Banned
Kruger's extension.

Awful deal. Holy fucking shit.
He's got two Cups, regardless of his actual impact, so that factors in. But the Hawks org has been good at avoiding contracts like that and cycling in other support players. Makes no sense to spend that much on such a replaceable player

Stasis

Henrik Lundqvist is expected to return at some point this weekend (we have a back-to-back). Rick Nash might not be far behind him.

Good news. Nash needs to get back into shape for the playoffs. Regardless of this year's offensive woes and mediocre playoff performance (offensively, again), his absence is still very noticeable. If anything it just gives us 3 really capable lines and helps with PK/defense, which we really could use recently.

Good news about Big Mac too. Except now maybe he just has potential issues in BOTH knees. You know he's the kind of guy who'll be targeted if players know that, given how he himself plays. Lotta guys don't/won't like his massive checks.

Stay in a decent spot and get everyone back healthy. Then it's a whole new story. These guys have been through it a lot over the past few years, most of the core intact. I have faith in their ability to make a push.

He's got two Cups, regardless of his actual impact, so that factors in. But the Hawks org has been good at avoiding contracts like that and cycling in other support players. Makes no sense to spend that much on such a replaceable player

They'll trade him in the offseason and re-acquire him at the deadline next year.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yep. 2 per year was the absolute max they should have gone and even then he'd still be overpaid. Pretty much guarantees Shaw is gone this summer, but im ok with that.

They'll trade him in the offseason and re-acquire him at the deadline next year.
We'll get some sucker team to retain half his salary too.

Friedman:

7. Another reason the trade market fizzled at the deadline? Last summer’s deals involving Dougie Hamilton and Brandon Saad. We are looking at a potentially flat cap, which will tighten the screws on a few teams. If you want to be in on young, impactful players who might be available, you better save your assets.

8. Alex Galchenyuk might be one of those players. He scored twice during a loss to Winnipeg on Saturday, giving him 21 goals this season. That’s a good number in what hasn’t been an easy year there for anyone.

Galchenyuk is supposed to finish the season as Montreal’s top center, but who is this audition for? The Canadiens, or someone else? I think Marc Bergevin had a chance to pull the trigger at the deadline if he wished. But a strong finish in the middle makes Galchenyuk more attractive to everyone, including Montreal.

Now I'm Fucking Worried.

Trade Plekanec you Stupid GM ,Fuck

I know it's speculation. But it kinda makes me worry.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If they traded AGally for peanuts and Therrien stayed on as coach I would consider stop watching hockey all together.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Brassard-Fast
Miller-Stepan-Zuccarello
Lindberg-E.Staal-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Hayes

McDonagh-Girardi
Yandle-Klein
Skjei-Boyle

Raanta

Rangers are wearing their road blues tonight, by the way.

zroid

Banned
wabIVK5.png

If they call the Toronto game the "NHL Centennial Classic" or something pretentious like that, Leaf fans would be less salty about not getting the WC :lol

Red_Man

4 more outdoor games next year?

NHL really doing a good job of running this shit into the ground, not like they didn't already this year.

Red_Man

Going to go with a 5-1 Dallas win tonight

If they score enough in the first, I can put it on in the background and get back to MGS

Quick

Banned
wabIVK5.png

If they call the Toronto game the "NHL Centennial Classic" or something pretentious like that, Leaf fans would be less salty about not getting the WC :lol

giphy.gif

Blackhawks should just build an outdoor stadium and play there permanently.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Buffalo was the better team throughout that period, but we're still winning, so that's fine.

Raanta looks tremendous again.

Top Bottom