• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Upping that trade value!

chuckecheese.gif

zroid

Banned
Why is everyone pissed at Kessel tonight? I just got home so I missed pretty much all the happenings of the evening. Just doing some catch up now
he missed an open net to tie the game with a couple seconds left :lol

(well more accurately the bobbled the puck for too long and when he got it off the net wasn't open anymore)

Red_Man

"He's playing with confidence now" is such a bullshit cop-out to credit for how well Galchenyuk has been playing

imBask

Banned
I agree with Therrien that Galchenyuk needs to maintain this level and he does tend to fall off.

I disagree with him actually saying that when he never says a fucking word about Desharnais.

zroid

Banned
Reminds me of a certain Dave Nonis quote during the 13-14 season

The Leafs were on one of their annual hot streaks where they were riding a PDO of like 110 or something and ol' Noney goes "See, our hockey club has the ability to compete with the best teams in the league, we're just searching for that consistency night in night out."

Red_Man

Reminds me of a certain Dave Nonis quote during the 13-14 season

The Leafs were on one of their annual hot streaks where they were riding a PDO of like 110 or something and ol' Noney goes "See, our hockey club has the ability to compete with the best teams in the league, we're just searching for that consistency night in night out."
Patches basically said that tonight and I wanted to vomit.

Something along the lines of "as long as we follow the system we can compete with any team in the league no matter who's in the lineup, and everyone knows that from top to bottom"

Shut up Max

imBask

Banned
Patches basically said that tonight and I wanted to vomit.

Something along the lines of "as long as we follow the system we can compete with any team in the league no matter who's in the lineup, and everyone knows that from top to bottom"

Shut up Max

bro, Pacioretty used to be a tough guy who once said he'd rather play in the AHL than play on a 3rd line, and now he's this boring, 100% brainwashed PC politician

Socreges

Banned
Tends to fall off meaning not hustling?
Can't hold up a goal per game pace. ie, lazy

Galchenyuk has never produced like this. And he's had opportunities at center before. To act like confidence (and some luck) isn't a big part of this would be pretty silly. That said Therrien not acknowledging how Galchenyuk has responded to playing center is also stupid

So does anyone else just not give a shit about Game of Thrones/ASOIAF anymore?

I can't be the only one. After reading the first 4 books back in like 2008/2009 I had a huge boner for it then the 5th book was alright. Show was legit and it is still a quality show but I just don't care anymore. Anyone else feel this way? Whether or not Martin finishes the series...

There is only one spoiler anymore that I know hasn't happened in the show and I really hope it does happen but I don't see it happening.

Red_Man

Can't hold up a goal per game pace. ie, lazy

Galchenyuk has never produced like this. And he's had opportunities at center before. To act like confidence (and some luck) isn't a big part of this would be pretty silly. That said Therrien not acknowledging how Galchenyuk has responded to playing center is also stupid

Galchenyuk centred Pacioretty Gallagher 12 games in 14-15.

Pac 6-7-13
Galch 4-5-9
Gallagher 4-3-7

Habs top scoring Fs in those 12 games.

Habs record last season during 12 games Galchenyuk centred Pacioretty & Gallagher was 9-2-1

In 12 games they played together as a line in 2014-15, Galchenyuk (9), Pacioretty (13) and Gallagher (7) combined for 29 points.

When Galchenyuk is the #1 C the Habs allow a lot fewer shots against, and they control 54.2% of the shots overall.
Plus he scores more.

Small sample size, but as the #1 C Galchenyuk scores 2.07 goals per 60, and 3.1 pts/60.
On the 2nd line he has 1 G/60 and 1.9 pts/60

He's always performed at center, and has always outperformed when compared to his wing production. He's never shot at 80% before, but it's not like he wasn't producing at all. Therrien is just an idiot who also happens to coach his own illegitimate child.

The worst part about this waste of a season is wasting half of it playing him at center.

Reimer got his first shutout this season and as a Shark. Good for him.

So how much longer before Edmonton is mathematically eliminated?

Socreges

Banned
He's always performed at center, and has always outperformed when compared to his wing production. He's never shot at 80% before, but it's not like he wasn't producing at all. Therrien is just an idiot who also happens to coach his own illegitimate child.

The worst part about this waste of a season is wasting half of it playing him at center.
Easy now. I said "produced like this". 9 goals in 7 games is not the same as 9 points in 12. I'm not disputing that he should be playing center. Was contrasting Therrien's own stupidity against:

"He's playing with confidence now" is such a bullshit cop-out to credit for how well Galchenyuk has been playing
I know what you're getting at, but at the same time it's not at all untrue.

Erdrick

Back from the Jets game. They can't seem to get anything going this year. I don't understand why, since we had mostly the same team as last year. Other than the fact that we likely overachieved last year, and this is the result, it seems.

Hope they can put forth some better efforts this season to make the games at least fun to watch. I guess some changes will be due this offseason. What those will be? No clue, but after this disaster of a year, they can't just leave the team like this.

Back from the Jets game. They can't seem to get anything going this year. I don't understand why, since we had mostly the same team as last year. Other than the fact that we likely overachieved last year, and this is the result, it seems.

Hope they can put forth some better efforts this season to make the games at least fun to watch. I guess some changes will be due this offseason. What those will be? No clue, but after this disaster of a year, they can't just leave the team like this.

Everything I know about the exotic city of Winnipeg is from the Office. How is the concierge there? Concierge Marie right?

I met some guys from Norway earlier this semester and we were hanging out one time, I asked them what they did the weekend before. Winnipeg, for reference, is like three hours away. A bit over half the distance to the Twin Cities, for example.

"Oh we went up to Winnipeg."
"Oh? How was it?"
"It was shitty. Canada sucks."

I just shrugged and moved on.

Top Bottom