• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2016 |OT| It's not tanking, it's losing with style

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I ain't mad at Broly's passion. It isn't Tabris-levels yet.

Unlike Tabris, deep down Broly and the others know what's coming in May.

20XeH3K.jpg

Is it a coincidence that the most annoying guy in my class this morning is wearing a Landeskog jersey? Has to be.

Really dumb hit. Hope Despres is alright.

omg

Fubar post if you're ok.

:lol

Started laughing in class. People looked at me weird. Thanks.

Uhhhhhh what the fuck

Landeskog never came across as that kind of player, but that's about as blatant as it gets

While he's never that bad against the Wild, he definitely gets stupid when he gets mad. Lots of dumb stupid plays that result in penalties. I've seen him make more than a few questionable hits, though I don't remember exactly when tbh.

His fiance killed him for wanting to watch hockey in Florida. :(

:lol she did get mad I will admit.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2016/03/10/yahoo-NHL.aspx

The NHL and MLBAM have struck a multiyear deal with Yahoo in which the online portal will show weekly live out-of-market NHL games for free on its various digital platforms. Starting with tomorrow’s Flyers-Lightning game, Yahoo will live stream up to four NHL games per week on its various online and mobile extensions without any cable subscription or user authentication, as well as continuing to offer Wednesday and Sunday national NHL games in collaboration with digital partner NBC Sports. Financial terms were not disclosed, but Yahoo paid a licensing fee to MLBAM for the NHL content and will control advertising sales around the initiative.

A partnership with Yahoo is just what the National Hockey League needed in order to remain relevant. This is the right move

I can't tell if you are being serious or not? Yahoo is becoming more and more irrelevant each passing year. They are trying to change but need to change faster if they are going to survive.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lost my mind at the end of the trailer.

I'm going full NEOGAF and thinking that they found the perfect Spidey actor based on one line and how he delivered it.

Quick

Banned
Civil War is gonna be gud!

Finally, we can legit forget about the entire atrocity that is the old Spidermans.

Nope.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 were great, 3 was a stinker. But Spider-Man 2 is one of the best comic book movies ever made.

The Amazing Spider-Man was good, with some missteps (mainly the mystery surrounding Peter's parents). The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was okay - its fault lies with trying to kickstart its own cinematic universe by cramming everything in one movie. I still liked a lot of it.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a ton of talent, too bad they weren't all utilized properly.

imBask

Banned
Civil War is a great storyline and they won't fuck it up they even got spidey in Civil War is a great storyline and they won't fuck it up they even got spidey in Civil War is a great storyline and they won't fuck it up they even got spidey in Civil War is a great storyline and they won't fuck it up they even got spidey in Civil War is a great storyline and they won't fuck it up they even got spidey in

please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit

Hype is a crazy thing. People be too easy to please with these superhero movies.

I thought the CG on Spidey was really bad, funny how people complained about it with Amazing 2, it's just as noticeable here and people are ignoring it. Captain 2 was awesome though, so I'm excited, but by no means hyped.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Civil War honestly looks pretty terrible to me, and Spidey looks and sounds lame.

Black Panther looks pretty awesome, though.

zroid

Banned
Hype is a crazy thing. People be too easy to please with these superhero movies.

lol I'm the opposite, burned out af on superhero movies. I still watch most of them (part of the problem?) but I haven't been "hyped" for any in years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is why communities exist.

Look at this normal conversation between all without name calling (yet) and understanding that not everyone loves or hates the same things.

Foggy

I thought the CG on Spidey was really bad, funny how people complained about it with Amazing 2, it's just as noticeable here and people are ignoring it. Captain 2 was awesome though, so I'm excited, but by no means hyped.

Definitely liked how the Spider-Man costume looked in the other movies, but that's just me. Something off about how the fabric looks(probably made worse by cg). But people talking about how they're shaking and crying because his eyes can move...shaking my head. I feel exponentially older every year.

All that said, it does look good and I like these flagship movies in the hands of the Russos more than Whedon.

calder

I think a lot of ppl, like me, assume the Spidey CG is the last stuff done and potentially (hopefully) would get another pass at post production.

imBask

Banned
the last superhero movie I watched was like... Amazing spiderman 2? or avengers 2?

I'll catch up on winter soldier before Civil War, I pick the ones I wanna watch

Foggy

Winter Soldier is legit great, aside from a pretty bland ending. It definitely feels like a movie that can standalone if the hype and fanboyism could be stripped away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Tabris is banned. Someone had to step their game up.
Leafs will win the Stanley Cup next year. PLAN THE PARADE! Why? CAUSE OF NYLANDERY and SHANAPLANSTAMCOCKAVRES! The league only really began once McDavid got drafted, so all those Chicago Cups mean nothing. INEVITABILITY!!!!!!!

Tabris
Tabris
Tabris

He'll be back.

Socreges

Banned
Lost my mind at the end of the trailer.

I'm going full NEOGAF and thinking that they found the perfect Spidey actor based on one line and how he delivered it.
You're wrong, idiot. Tim Holland was obviously a terrible choice. The cadence and sentence structure was all wrong. How banal to say "Hi". The "everyone" sounded forced and derivative. And his posture - don't even get me started. Marvel has ruined everything again.

ShaneB

This is why communities exist.

Look at this normal conversation between all without name calling (yet) and understanding that not everyone loves or hates the same things.

Nice isn't it? Neat when assholes aren't around.

Civil War trailer looks cool. Think I'll rewatch 1 and 2 sometime.

Marvie_3

Banned
lol I'm the opposite, burned out af on superhero movies. I still watch most of them (part of the problem?) but I haven't been "hyped" for any in years.
I havent seen one in probably 7-8 years. Whenever the 2nd Nolan batman came out. Im so fuckin done with superhero movies forever. Every single one of them looks exactly the same to me.

Quick

Banned
You're wrong, idiot. Tim Holland was obviously a terrible choice. The cadence and sentence structure was all wrong. How banal to say "Hi". The "everyone" sounded forced and derivative. And his posture - don't even get me started. Marvel has ruined everything again.

This PC nonsense needs to stop.

Spider-Man would've said, "Yo guys!" and not "Hi everyone!"

Just another movie falling into that toxic feminist agenda. #MenAgainstCivilWar #NotTheActualOneJustTheMovie

imBask

Banned
This PC nonsense needs to stop.

Spider-Man would've said, "Yo guys!" and not "Hi everyone!"

Just another movie falling into that toxic feminist agenda. #MenAgainstCivilWar #NotTheActualOneJustTheMovie

"Yo guys"

You disgust me. Acting like the females/trans/cucumber-kin superheroes don't exist.

My favorite shit is sitting down in a theater and hearing "THAT WASN'T PART OF THE COMICS" whispers for 2 hours. Especially when I have very goddamn little knowledge of any comics and I'll occasionally hear someone say that about something that definitely was part of the comics.

Nerd culture is the bud light of all cultures.

Just one cookie, though. No more. Ekblad cannot emphasize this enough.

“Everyone thinks I love them to the point I eat them every single day,” he says, the subject clearly stale for him after all the attention his teammates have paid to it. “It’s just my routine. It’s what I do. It’s just one cookie every other day. It’s not going to kill you. F---ing guys.”

http://www.si.com/nhl/2016/03/09/aaron-ekblad-florida-panthers-cookies

Ekblad opens up about his crippling cookie addiction.

Top Bottom