• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Socreges

Banned
Larsen and Biega, my two least favourite dmen, have both been playing forward tonight.

Why do they refuse to give Subban a shot? Sure he's kind of a defensive liability but I'd rather him than Larsen

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Playoffs as of right now:

Bruins @ Capitals
Penguins @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Senators

Blues @ Blackhawks
Predators @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Oilers @ Sharks

Socreges

Banned
Now I know why Ducks games have such low ratings

People in Orange County are too busy doing... other things
Already well-documented. For example, this shot:

giphy.gif

He's actually talking to Alan Kurdi.

That parade is on my way to work. Orange County is quite conservative. On the other hand, majority of the votes went to Clinton this past election. Hasn't been blue in my lifetime.

Solo

Good on Markov for becoming #2 in all-time Habs defenseman scoring. Sure, he's 300 points behind Robinson, but so what? It's crazy to think, but Markov is and has been dor his whole career probably one of the most underrated defenseman in the league. 572 points in 985 games, and he missed almost 3 years from 2010-2013 (I believe he played 22 games in this span) with back to back major knee injuries. And he's 38 and still has another few good years in him.

He's a hall of famer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amazing career for Markov especially considering he missed 3 years of his prime to knee injuries / lockout. He's been great with Weber.

Solo

Markov doesn't get his number retired either unless he wins a Cup. That's the golden standard in Montreal. Habs have retired 18 numbers (well, technically 15, since #5, #12, and #16 have been retired for 2 players each). And what do all 18 of these players have in common? All 18 won Stanley Cups in Montreal, and all 18 were inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Markov will be inducted into the HOF without a doubt, but his number won't be raised to the rafters unless the Habs win a Cup in the next 3 playoff runs.

The only player I see the Habs making an exception for, and that's only if he sticks around for his whole career, is Carey Price. And even then, I kinda hope they don't, as the Cup/HOF double requirement makes getting your jersey retired in Montreal hard as fuck and therefore elite and special as fuck.

Finally, the true #11 for the Habs is Kirk Muller.

imBask

Banned
Markov doesn't get his number retired either unless he wins a Cup. That's the golden standard in Montreal. Habs have retired 18 numbers (well, technically 15, since #5, #12, and #16 have been retired for 2 players each). And what do all 18 of these players have in common? All 18 won Stanley Cups in Montreal, and all 18 were inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Markov will be inducted into the HOF without a doubt, but his number won't be raised to the rafters unless the Habs win a Cup in the next 3 playoff runs.

The only player I see the Habs making an exception for, and that's only if he sticks around for his whole career, is Carey Price. And even then, I kinda hope they don't, as the Cup/HOF double requirement makes getting your jersey retired in Montreal hard as fuck and therefore elite and special as fuck.

Finally, the true #11 for the Habs is Kirk Muller.

The numbers are tainted though... The Bob Gainey GM years were so stupid, I still can't believe he retired his own number

Solo

The numbers are tainted though... The Bob Gainey GM years were so stupid, I still can't believe he retired his own number

Habs retired 10 numbers during Gainey's tenure.....and I believe they're all deserving (even though I do agree it was soooo dumb to retire 3 numbers a second time).

Like, 5 should have just been Geoffrion, 12 should have just been Cournoyer, and 16 should have just been Richard.

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detr...ker/chelios-no-one-wanted-play-babcock/91946/

that didnt stop matt martin from signing here did it? no it did not

Now that Babcock has moved on, along with the team preparing to move to the brand new Little Caesars Arena next fall

Good lord.

And why is Chelios blaming Babcock when he hasn't coached there for two years? He's talking like he only just left yesterday and now everything will be ok:

“I think it’s going to help (moving to Little Caesars Arena) a lot and I think it’s going to help even more that Babs is gone because those free agents really didn’t want to play for Babs,” Chelios said.

So for the 1st time in my life, I joined a political party.

Fuck Kevin O'Leary. And this Kellie Leitch critter too.

Markov will be a Hall of Famer? I can't say I follow that.

edit: then again, Housley is in

Markov has been pretty good for a long time. And in the NHL, pretty good usually means a HOF nod.

Solo

Yes I do believe that a defenseman who retires with 1000+ games and 600+ points will be a hall of famer. Shocking stuff, I know. He Markov (572/985 - 0.58 ppg) has way more points than Wedden (457/1023 - 0.45 ppg) or Boumeester (390/1064 - 0.37 ppg) in fewer games played, so better luck next time, Cuck.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yes I do believe that a defenseman who retires with 1000+ games and 600+ points will be a hall of famer. Shocking stuff, I know. He Markov (572/985) has way more points than Wedden (457/1023) or Boumeester (390/1064) in way fewer games played, so better luck next time, Cuck.

Lol never won anything, no Norris, no gold medal at Olympics and no Stanley Cup.

Kaberle is a Hall of famer too based on points too dude, oh shit wait Kaberle actually lifted the cup and won some hardware.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit, hens fans drinking that bullshit koolaid again.

Dat high standard!

Top Bottom