• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
A hard fucking game today, if I had to pick a spot for the streak to end, it'd be here. Expecting a very good game.

Yeah, this seems like a likely place for it to end, but you never know. I'm worried about MAF playing on back-to-back afternoons.

Who are the Flyers starting?

Alucard

Banned
Jody Shelley

Oh, in goal? Bryzgalov

Sadly, I'll only be able to watch the first 10 minutes of the first period today, but I'll be tracking the game on my phone. If the Pens can somehow pull this one off, my belief in this team just may overflow into hyperbolic posts the likes of which Futureman can only provide.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pens, Habs, Devils, are all on pace to break the PK % record set by the Stars in 99-00.

Time to reduce the size of goalie equipment!

Seriously, though, I would like something done in this area of the game. Either widen the nets by an inch or two or reduce the size of equipment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
10 games left and I'm positive the Wings drop to at least 5th.

Can we make the drive for 8th?

Fuck this NBC coverage. Pens are SSSSOOOO awesome.... not like the Flyers are only two points behind with a higher ROW and 4 shutouts in their last 8.... I hate nationally televised games so much.

t0mp

Don't forget staal!

Pierre has the best of useless hockey knowledge it's unreal.

"Gus and my 3rd cousin were college roommates back at somerandomhockeycollege"

3 points, and the Pens have a game in hand.

Forgot you gained a point yesterday. And with three games left against eachother left this year these teams are basically playing a three game series to see who gets home ice. We also still have a higher ROW, you know... from winning with goals.

MacAttack

Wait do they still have those cameras that only follow the star players?

I remember a few years ago during a pens caps games they had cameras that followed Ovi and Sid. I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever.

NBC has it on their NFL streams but I dont know about hockey. I was referencing every stoppage showing Crosby sitting on the bench.

Eagerly anticipating footage of Crosby taking his morning dump recorded earlier.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Forgot you gained a point yesterday. And with three games left against eachother left this year these teams are basically playing a three game series to see who gets home ice. We also still have a higher ROW, you know... from winning with goals.

Yeah, barely. We'll probably pass your ROW by the end of it. And you have more loser points, you know... from not winning with anything.

They do?? On which broadcast? Haven't seen it on NBC or ROOT TV

@mac: can't wait to hear about his routine PB&J before the game

Not on the broadcast on TV, they got rid of it there to only do it on their site. They have the star cams you can manually pick on there. They use it to keep promoting their site.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If I had a quarter for every time Eddie Olczyk mentioned that a player doesn't have his stick on the ice...

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
About time. They've been doing that shit all game.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why do you hate Adams? :(

I love Adams. Great hitter, shot-blocker, one of the keys to our PK. He has no offensive skill whatsoever though.

Marvie_3

Banned
That is the spirit, drive for 8th!!

Just to screw up Marvie's dream of Phoenix vs Chicago playoff match.

Phoenix will win that match up

owt3J.gif

t0mp

Hardly his fault. Good deflection and Bryz still almost got his leg on it.
Lol was gonna comment too. Bruce would be the first to call bryz out, that wasn't his fault. Good plays by the pens, simmonds didn't get it out of the zone.

Our 2 rookie dmen out there together don't help much.

Damn, good play by reader and letang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom