• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Craaaazy game. Got a point though and with the law of averages breathing down our neck, I'm not too upset. On to Winnipeg.

C Jones

Again, Pens dominated an entire period and only had a 2 goal lead to show for it. Ah well, more often than not they'll win playing like this.

GG Flyers-age.

3N16MA

Banned
Look on the bright side Pens fans. Win streak is over but point streak still alive.
Flyers can lick my left nut.

"Everybody who I like step forward..... ooooh, not so fast, Zaraki."

:lol It's a flyer fan, doesn't bother me. :p

Pens owned the first two periods but got complacent at the end. Bryzgalov was the difference...played like a boss.

Pretty much. Once you got that goal to tie it we completely got rid of any momentum we had and we never really tried to get it back except the last like minute or so of regulation. Seemed like they were waiting for the shootout.

He's changed/improved so much in such a short space of time it's hard to believe it can last. But I'll enjoy it while it does.

Did you guys do anything to spur it? Did he get benched for a couple games or something? Especially with that tear of shutouts he had, I'm not sure what changed so much in him. It's like Mike Smith's change after leaving the bolts.

3N16MA

Banned
Did you guys do anything to spur it? Did he get benched for a couple games or something? Especially with that tear of shutouts he had, I'm not sure what changed so much in him. It's like Mike Smith's change after leaving the bolts.

He was pulled the last time the Pens faced the Flyers and since then he has been hot.

Curufinwe

There was a meeting where the team leaders told him to focus more on the team and less on himself. But it's hard to believe that could make so much of a difference so quickly.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1097082-philadelphia-flyers-how-bryzgalov-got-back-on-track

3N16MA

Banned
Why? Malkin doesnt show up for the playoffs and Crosby will be out by then. I think the Pens are going to be an easy out for who ever gets them, except the Devils of course.

Bryzgalov will have gone back to being all Jekyll and Hyde. Nice 1st round win for the Pens.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fantastic game today--that Flyers/Pens game may have been top 5 this year.

Fei

Fine some times he shows up but he is not consistent in the playoffs and he is not a guy worth worrying about.

Wow, that might be the dumbest thing I've read in this thread since hearing the Pens were the best team in 40 years...

Malkin is about to win the Hart. He's won the Conn Smythe and the Cup. Nah, nothing to worry about.

Wow, that might be the dumbest thing I've read in this thread since hearing the Pens were the best team in 40 years...

Malkin is about to win the Hart. He's won the Conn Smythe and the Cup. Nah, nothing to worry about.

Ye will see but I really dont think he is going to do anything this year in the playoffs. Pens had him the last 2 years and got bounced, it is going to happen again.

Milly79

Ye will see but I really dont think he is going to do anything this year in the playoffs. Pens had him the last 2 years and got bounced, it is going to happen again.

JagsFanWTF.gif

JABEE

Why? Malkin doesnt show up for the playoffs and Crosby will be out by then. I think the Pens are going to be an easy out for who ever gets them, except the Devils of course.

I don't want half of the team to be dead going into the second round. Also Malkin is an outstanding player, who dominates on the ice. If Malkin and Crosby get going at the same time, it will be scary to match up against them.

Alucard

Banned

Dude, don't soil my feelings about Flyers fans in this thread. I'm holding back a rash of laughter mixed with fury at this whole post.

Slurmer

Banned

I don't keep .gifs ready for GAF, but I wish I did so I could respond to this correctly. You're crazy.

Malkin was out during last seasons playoffs. What league were you watching?

Nevermind then, lol. I was wondering why I couldnt remember him doing anything. I even checked the stats page first but forgot that last years playoffs was 10/11. I still think the Pens are going to be in big trouble no matter who they get in the first round this year.

fallout

I vaguely remember Malkin having a kick-ass playoff season, only to completely disappear in the SCF. Can't remember which year that was, though.

C Jones

Oh no, my b. <3 u c jones

haha, just messing with you <3

I'm torn, I kinda want to see the Flyers in the post season because it would be a good series and I love the rivalry but with the way Bryz is playing I'm not sure it would be in our best interests

yankeehater, Pens are an easy out? Really? Lot of firepower to stop in a 7 game series

MacAttack

Yankee's getting killed on this one.

edit: I was on board at first but upon further review, he might have a point... If Malkin shits the bed so do the Pens?

Ottawa in his rookie year 2007: 5G 0G 4A 4PTS Pens Lose

Detroit Stanley Cup Finals 2008: 6G 1G 2A 3PTS Pens Lose

and

Montreal in 2010: 5G 1G 2A 3PTS Pens Lose

Outside of that he's averaged well over a point per game.

Malkin was out during last seasons playoffs. What league were you watching?

He literally didn't show up. Because of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom