• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fei

4Xetx.jpg

Just now. Sportsnet's greatest moment.

:lol:lol:lol Amazing.

soultron

Banned
I heard a nugget of wisdom that, like Habs fans, Leafs fans should quit watching and that will force the team to improve.

But I can't quit this glorious trainwreck.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just for fun...

Phil Kessel in 18 games against the Bruins: 3 goals / 6 assists / -18

Tyler Seguin in 12 games against the Leafs: 8 goals / 5 assists / +7

The funny thing is, before the '11-12 Bruins domination, in the previous two seasons the two teams each won six games against each other, with the Bruins only narrowly outscoring the Leafs, 34-30. What the fuck happened this year?

soultron

Banned
Just for fun...

Phil Kessel in 18 games against the Bruins: 3 goals / 6 assists / -18

Tyler Seguin in 12 games against the Leafs: 8 goals / 5 assists / +7

The funny thing is, before the '11-12 Bruins domination, in the previous two seasons the two teams each won six games against each other, with the Bruins only narrowly outscoring the Leafs, 34-30. What the fuck happened this year?

Before I start, let me lay bare the fact that I know shit all about hockey. I'm honest about that.

My noob guess is that management and coaching staff put too much on the Lupul/Kessel combination, even after Kessel started to cool, and then combine that with the situation wherin now he's thrown into Carlyle trying to figure out how to repurpose the guy.

Did I do a good job of regurgitating what I hear on the radio/TV? Haha.

Stet

Banned
Before I start, let me lay bare the fact that I know shit all about hockey. I'm honest about that.

My noob guess is that management and coaching staff put too much on the Lupul/Kessel combination, even after Kessel started to cool, and then combine that with the situation wherin now he's thrown into Carlyle trying to figure out how to repurpose the guy.

Did I do a good job of regurgitating what I hear on the radio/TV? Haha.

We weren't winning games against Boston even when they were both hot. I have no idea what's gone on but there's really nothing we can do. You can just tell that it's impossible for us to win a game against Boston.

Alucard

Banned
Did Frost just suggest that the Leafs could grab the Blue Jackets' first round pick (likely first overall) AND Nash for their first round pick and other players? LOL.

Razorskin

----- ------
Did Frost just suggest that the Leafs could grab the Blue Jackets' first round pick (likely first overall) AND Nash for their first round pick and other players? LOL.

Yeah I heard that and it makes absolutely no sense, unless they get the Leaf's 1st rounders for the next 3 years.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Kessel and 2 firsts for Nash and a first

Sounds fair

(don't care if it's not)

Detroit's typical come from behind loss, think we have hope to win and then screw it up, we make any team look like a Stanley Cup contender including the BJ's or the Leafs. Sick of this team, probably should just wait until next year, as they are going to go nowhere in the playoffs this year.

Detroit tries every night to get away with playing 20 minutes of hockey. Problem is, it works for about 1 out of every 10 games.

Detroit's typical come from behind loss, think we have hope to win and then screw it up, we make any team look like a Stanley Cup contender including the BJ's or the Leafs. Sick of this team, probably should just wait until next year, as they are going to go nowhere in the playoffs this year.

With Lidstrom possibly leaving, another year of wear and tear on Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Franzen, and a few other question marks, I don't see things getting any better next season barring some major off-season moves.

If Lidstrom leaves, what we're seeing now is a preview of 2012-2013.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

We lose 5-3 and take a step closer to the 6th seed?

Excellent.

*Takes drag off of electric cigarette*

EXCELLENT.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
-18 for Kessel in the series? Holy Crap that is... Bad...

Also lol@the iron man screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom