• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can I just repeat how hilarious I find PITB?

Led by a two-point night from Mason Raymond, who can never do anything right, the Canucks scored more goals than the Dallas Stars like idiots, winning the game and giving everyone — the Department of Player Safety included, unfortunately — the impression that they might survive without Daniel in the short-term. It was an unacceptable effort, since the team was supposed to be playing without any effort at all. Instead, they screwed up big-time and played a sound road game[...]Here’s a sentence I never expected to write: with Daniel Sedin sidelined, Mason Raymond replaced him and the line didn’t miss a beat

Heretic

I need to pick a 'for sure' playoff team so I can at least smell the salt from up close.
You guys are in a tough spot with, what, 6 games remaining? Sharks have their destiny in their hands. Queens I think will take the division and hopefully get bounced in the first round again.

You guys are in a tough spot with, what, 6 games remaining? Sharks have their destiny in their hands. Queens I think will take the division and hopefully get bounced in the first round again.

It will take very very specific circumstance for us to get a spot. We can earn it and after thinking about it last night I guess that's the best situation to be in as a young team. We're in control to a lesser extent.

Anyway, if King Henrik didn't vanish I'd pick whatever team faces the rangers first round. And then the second, etc.

"We didn't get a shutout-sweep? Fuck this bullshit ass team"

Acid08

Banned

If the Sharks can play well down this stretch we take the division I think.

If we keep alternating wins and losses then it's 8th/9th for sure.

I'd much rather play the 6th seed than the Blues. Hell, I'd rather they play Nucks than the Blues.

You want a guy w/ 792 points in 985 games? We'll trade you for Zetterberg.

You can keep Hejduk.
I actually knew who you were talking about without having to google it

Funny enough, I did sign him in NHL 12 when he was an UFA and he was pretty good, until I traded him because he started to suck.

I don't think Hejduk cares about anything anymore.

Exactly why he should stay in Colorado.

Fixed.

If that happened we wouldn't have any Penguins fans at all........

XE31H.gif

CCF23

I'm bored waiting for the Keith suspension...If OT games ended it ties instead of going to the shootout:

(W-L-OTL-T)
NYR 43-20-2-8 - 96PTS
Florida 31-24-5-13 80PTS
Boston 34-28-1-10 79PTS
Philadelphia 39-23-2-10 90PTS
Pittsburgh 37-21-3-12 89PTS
Washington 35-30-3-6 79PTS
Ottawa 32-27-6-9 79PTS
New Jersey 31-27-2-14 78PTS
---------------------------------
Carolina 30-29-9-6 75PTS
Buffalo 28-29-4-13 73PTS
Winnipeg 30-31-4-8 72PTS
Tampa Bay 30-33-4-6 70PTS
Toronto 29-34-4-7 69PTS
NYI 24-32-7-10 65PTS
Montreal 23-33-4-14 64PTS

St. Louis 42-20-1-12 97PTS
Vancouver 37-21-2-14 90PTS
Los Angeles 31-25-5-13 80PTS
Nashville 38-24-3-9 88PTS
Chicago 37-25-4-9 87PTS
Detroit 37-25-3-9 86PTS
Phoenix 31-26-3-15 80PTS
Calgary 31-26-6-12 80PTS
----------------------------------
Dallas 33-29-1-11 78PTS
San Jose 30-27-5-12 77PTS
Colorado 31-31-3-11 76PTS
Anaheim 29-32-5-9 72PTS
Minnesota 23-32-2-16 64PTS
Edmonton 25-36-2-11 63PTS
Columbus 19-43-2-9 49PTS

lot's of text

Might as well take out the loser point while you are at it. Yes I know you can't really have no loser point if there are ties and what not.

I mean there is just so many things that would changed if we would speculate on no SO or no loser point, etc...

3N16MA

Banned
Fixed.

If that happened we wouldn't have any Penguins fans at all........

Believe it or not I was a fan. I'm wearing a Pens shirt from 1993 right now. They used Ed Belfour's image and placed a different mask on him for every team. Looks nothing like Barrasso.

I'm more comfortable with ties than SO's but I've always thought OT should be handled the same way it's handled post season. No loser points. 1 point for the winner works fine.

CCF23

Might as well take out the loser point while you are at it. Yes I know you can't really have no loser point if there are ties and what not.

I mean there is just so many things that would changed if we would speculate on no SO or no loser point, etc...

(W-L-T)
NYR 43-22-8 - 94PTS
Boston 34-29-10 78PTS
Washington 35-33-6 76PTS
Philadelphia 39-25-10 88PTS
Pittsburgh 37-24-12 86PTS
New Jersey 31-29-14 76PTS
Florida 31-29-13 75PTS
Ottawa 32-23-9 73PTS
---------------------------------
Buffalo 28-33-13 69PTS
Winnipeg 30-35-8 68PTS
Carolina 30-38-6 66PTS
Tampa Bay 30-37-6 66PTS
Toronto 29-38-7 65PTS
Montreal 23-37-14 60PTS
NYI 24-39-10 58PTS

St. Louis 42-21-12 96PTS
Vancouver 37-23-14 88PTS
Dallas 33-30-11 77PTS
Nashville 38-27-9 85PTS
Detroit 37-28-9 83PTS
Chicago 37-29-9 83PTS
Phoenix 31-29-15 77PTS
Los Angeles 31-30-13 75PTS
----------------------------------
Calgary 31-32-12 74PTS
Colorado 31-34-11 73PTS
San Jose 30-32-12 72PTS
Anaheim 29-37-9 67PTS
Minnesota 23-34-16 62PTS
Edmonton 25-38-11 61PTS
Columbus 19-45-9 47PTS

Hitchcock lies to himself and those around him about the trap just as he likely lies to himself about the shitty way he eats and takes care of himself. The best way to commit to anything shitty is by deluding yourself and others.

Anyway, not sure I'm gonna watch much tonight. Not a whole lot to get excited about. Maybe the Caps-Winnie game?

Smiley90

Hitchcock lies to himself and those around him about the trap just as he likely lies to himself about the shitty way he eats and takes care of himself. The best way to commit to anything shitty is by deluding yourself and others.

Anyway, not sure I'm gonna watch much tonight. Not a whole lot to get excited about.

Buffalo-Rangers and Winnipeg-Washington sound pretty interesting IMHO.

Also, I keep refreshing twitter but NOTHING IS HAPPENING. "Duncan Keith" is trending in Canada LOL.

Clydefrog

I actually thought last night's 0-0 game between LA and St Louis was really exciting. Good hitting. Lots of chances. Great goaltending. It was evenly matched.

I'm waiting for Kid Icarus to get here to wash the sour taste of Armored Core V out of my mouth. Fuck that game and fuck Fromsoftware for making it.

I've been having a good time with Kid Icarus today actually. Picked it up on my way home earlier. Controls do suck though. It actually makes it good for breaks because you enjoy what you play, but don't want to play for very long.

Acid08

Banned
I'm waiting for Kid Icarus to get here to wash the sour taste of Armored Core V out of my mouth. Fuck that game and fuck Fromsoftware for making it.

Fucking Amazon says it's going to be delivered on Monday >:[

I thought they guaranteed release day arrival.

Smiley90

Further fuel to keep the Duncan-Keith-News-hungry crowd going, a quote by Vigneault:

"We got a big two-minute power play off that hit from the same referee - remember last year when Daniel got punched six times in the face in the Boston series?" Vigneault said. "I seem to remember it was the same guy."
That guy was O'Halloran, who made no call when Boston forward Brad Marchand used Daniel's head as a punching bag in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final.

This story is just getting better and better!

Heretic

THEY'RE NOT A TRAP TEAM DUDE TOTALLY DIFFERENT STOP MAKING FUN OF THE BLUES
Ducks vs Blues was such a frustrating game to watch...
I actually thought last night's 0-0 game between LA and St Louis was really exciting. Good hitting. Lots of chances. Great goaltending. It was evenly matched.
OF COURSE YOU WOULD! AND I BET YOU ENJOYED THE VICTORY TOO!

Goaltending made it a good game. Sucks about the result though.
I've been having a good time with Kid Icarus today actually. Picked it up on my way home earlier. Controls do suck though. It actually makes it good for breaks because you enjoy what you play, but don't want to play for very long.

Boo! Do the controls break the game or is it something you'll eventually get through?

Boo! Do the controls break the game or is it something you'll eventually get through?

O I'll definitely get through it and it's fun. The only thing is it isn't really comfortable for long periods of time and it's definitely a handheld at home game, which can be annoying sometimes. I keep it at my desk in the stand next to the computer at home and every once in a while I take a break from writing/reading to play a stage. I think I'm on stage 4.....

How many gamed did Tabris want again?

Tabris wanted anywhere from 10 games to six years.

Doan's hit was still worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom