• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still waiting for that Sedin suspension announcement.

Like I said, if the general punishment was higher, I'd have nothing against a Sedin suspension. Heck, even now I wouldn't care because he's injured anyway. That's also why I said I'm agreeing with the 5 on Keith - in the context of what's been dealt out it's fair. My problem is that ALL the suspensions dealt out this season are too short. So if Keith got 20, I'd be totally fine with Sedin getting like 5. But if Keith only gets 5, Daniel shouldn't get one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Konopka looks like Tom Hardy dealing with roid rage. Good to see the team is not putting up with anyone touching price anymore.

Are you a joke character, or just the most ironic person in the world?

Nope just not a little bitch. Seriously the amount people whine around here is fucking pathetic. In my opinion the ONLY things worth complaining about are if a player on your team gets a suspension you think is TOO LONG or blown penalty calls.

Everything is really just comes off as pathetic. Also how am I the joke character when I'm the one giving the view most commonly supported by the players?

Revenant

Like I said, if the general punishment was higher, I'd have nothing against a Sedin suspension. Heck, even now I wouldn't care because he's injured anyway. That's also why I said I'm agreeing with the 5 on Keith - in the context of what's been dealt out it's fair. My problem is that ALL the suspensions dealt out this season are too short. So if Keith got 20, I'd be totally fine with Sedin getting like 5. But if Keith only gets 5, Daniel shouldn't get one.

I can only hope that't a number you tossed out there and not an actual legit thought for a punishment.

Smiley90

Nope just not a little bitch. Seriously the amount people whine around here is fucking pathetic. In my opinion the ONLY things worth complaining about are if a player on your team gets a suspension you think is TOO LONG or blown penalty calls.

Everything is really just comes off as pathetic. Also how am I the joke character when I'm the one giving the view most commonly supported by the players?

Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything saying how most players support shorter suspensions of players throwing illegal hits. What would YOUR solution to preventing those kind of hits be then, if not increasing suspension lengths to be more of a deterrent?

I can only hope that't a number you tossed out there and not an actual legit thought for a punishment.

Oh nono, that was just a random number that was higher than 5, don't quote me on that. That was just a random high number to say that IF Keith got sth that high, then Daniel should've also gotten something smaller to be consistent.

Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything saying how most players support shorter suspensions of players throwing illegal hits. What would YOUR solution to preventing those kind of hits be then, if not increasing suspension lengths to be more of a deterrent?

How many of those hits happen a year? Do you think you can ever really get rid of ALL of them. I think five games is perfectly fine. I'll check for the old player polls. Your question is rather loaded, but I'll see what I can find on suspensions.

Smiley90

How many of those hits happen a year? Do you think you can ever really get rid of ALL of them. I think five games is perfectly fine. I'll check for the old player polls. Your question is rather loaded, but I'll see what I can find on suspensions.

Even 1 is too many, since each one has the potential to be career-ending. So 5 isn't deterring anyone, then either suspension-length or something else needs to change, and since you don't support longer suspensions, I just wonder what you'd suggest... Unless you're fine with the situation as is, that is. And I couldn't find any opinion of players (and not GM's) on suspensions, so anything in that regards would be a nice find/source.

Even 1 is too many, since each one has the potential to be career-ending. So 5 isn't deterring anyone, then either suspension-length or something else needs to change, and since you don't support longer suspensions, I just wonder what you'd suggest... Unless you're fine with the situation as is, that is. And I couldn't find any opinion of players (and not GM's) on suspensions, so anything in that regards would be a nice find/source.

You're delusional if you think those kinds of hits are ever going to be completely gone. Players are ALWAYS going to go after guys on the other team if they feel wronged or they perceive the guy as a threat. See: New Orleans Saints.

Revenant

In a violent sport like this I find it hard to believe you think this could be completely eliminated.

Smiley90

You're delusional if you think those kinds of hits are ever going to be completely gone. Players are ALWAYS going to go after guys on the other team if they feel wronged or they perceive the guy as a threat. See: New Orleans Saints.

And what the Saints did is despicable and does IMHO deserve MASSIVE punishment to the players, not just the coach, it has NO place in any professional sport.

And I know they will never be completely gone, but at least intentional meant-to-injure elbows/hits should be punished way harder. Either players think about it twice and stop doing it because they know of the harsher punishment, or they'll do it anyway and live with the suspension, it's a win-win IMHO. "Let boys be boys" is the wrong attitude when careers of young, talented human beings is on the line.

OnPoint

I hate when Sabres B-team announcer Kevin Sylvester gets excited enough to sound like Vince McMahon firing someone.

Sabres-GAF, where are you guys

ENNIS!!! He's been on fire lately!

And what the Saints did is despicable and does IMHO deserve MASSIVE punishment to the players, not just the coach, it has NO place in any professional sport.

And I know they will never be completely gone, but at least intentional meant-to-injure elbows/hits should be punished way harder. Either players think about it twice and stop doing it because they know of the harsher punishment, or they'll do it anyway and live with the suspension, it's a win-win IMHO. "Let boys be boys" is the wrong attitude when careers of young, talented human beings is on the line.

My advice to you is start watching European hockey. I hear the Swiss leagues are great.

Alucard

Banned
With a chance to jump ahead of the Rangers tomorrow night, after New York's loss tonight, the Penguins are going to come out determined and looking to absolutely wreck the Senators. I almost want to drive to Ottawa from Montreal to see the show in person.

Smiley90

My advice to you is start watching European hockey. I hear the Swiss leagues are great.

So because I have faith that it's possible to make players stop throwing deliberate hits intent to injure other players I should stop watching the sport alltogether? Alright ;)

Anyway, let's just leave it at "5 games for Keith is alright" and get back to watching Toronto lose.

Stet

Banned
iHfjK8iEpwMU3.jpg

C-c-called it back when it was 3-2.

Trey

Good game Sabres. Good to see our boys finish a crucial game. And the worst thing that could have happened was the Jets-Caps game becoming a three pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom