• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Even if the Jets had won in reg it wouldn't be enough to make a difference this yr but I'm really loving this team.

Still would like a W here though.

MPW

leafs win, kadri with the winner in shootout! i knew i could count on you secret agent kadri!

boooooookadri.jpeg

calder

Who's this Machacek guy, congratz!

Honestly, everything about him says "AHL journeyman who shows a spark for 5 game callups every couple of years then disappears" but hey maybe not. He's looked good so far.

Edit: actually looked him up and he's 23 not 25ish like I thought so maybe he keeps developing beyond replacement level forward

Fei

That game on Tuesday is gonna be stupid ):

Yeah it is. I've been trying not to look forward to it because we've been down the whole time. Now it's starting to feel real.

Remember the Miller for Kane trade rumors? Lols both teams doing way better now.

Hah, that never really made a lot of sense to begin with.

Lack of ROW for Buffalo is a concern but it won't matter because the Senators look like they are finished and play the Penguins tomorrow.

I'm hoping the Sabres will continue this hot streak and that won't matter too much. They're playing like a top 3 team in the league right now.

Canuck76

Banned
Holy hell what an intense Oilers game geez. Panthers had a 3 on 1 then a 1 on 1. Holy fricking hell just slides across the goal crease on that last shot hahaha both teams getting lucky

Alucard

Banned
Watching the "In the Room" episodes on the Pens' website. This team is confident as fuck right now.

Dupuis: "I see no reason why we won't finish on top."

He said it in a non-douchey or over-confident, but assertive and calm way.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Neil is such an ass, shouldn't even still be in the game for having roughed up the ref.

Lmao. Reading the reactions of Canucks fans on hfboards to the Keith suspension is hilarious. I just still don't see how they justify 5 when Doan got 3 as a repeat offender. I expect to see Sedin make a miraculous recovery now.

Good to see the Jets winning. Still hope they sneak in.

Also, on NHL.com: "Caps win in OT"

:lol

CCF23

Lmao. Reading the reactions of Canucks fans on hfboards to the Keith suspension is hilarious. I just still don't see how they justify 5 when Doan got 3 as a repeat offender. I expect to see Sedin make a miraculous recovery now.

Good to see the Jets winning. Still hope they sneak in.

Also, on NHL.com: "Caps win in OT"

:lol

I think the suspensions across the board should be longer, but I agree that Keith's suspension was in line with and maybe longer than most this season with similar plays.

Also, god I hope you're right about Daniel. I doubt it, though.

I think the suspensions across the board should be longer, but I agree that Keith's suspension was in line with and maybe longer than most this season with similar plays.

Also, god I hope you're right about Daniel. I doubt it, though.

You guys need to keep a closer eye on that thread there. Jesus. :lol

I agree they should be longer across the board. Part of me is glad (assuming we don't lose a bunch now) that he can get a bit of a break, but part of me is still pissed about the Doan vs Keith suspension length thing.

Bah another 99% game for the Panthers. The last month it felt like that when the Panthers have been playing. Everything is there but finding the goal. What we need is a actual top scorer. As much as I lover Versteeg this year, as hot as he was for the 1st half of the season he's been cool for the second half. Over the years we've had star goal-makers but now is the time when we need a Bure in the line up. This team is looking great on every other front but just find the net is the problem. Like this game vs the Oilers should've been won long ago.

I just hope we look at some of these top-6s coming into free agency for the off-season and make a major move for a high-skill scorer. These Panthers are almost there...almost.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just read about the Keith suspension. Didn't see him getting more than 3 for a first offense but I have no problems with 5. Anything more than that, such as the 8+ that was thrown around is absolutely ridiculous. I have to believe that Canucks fans wouldn't be this pissed if it wasn't a Blackhawk who had made that hit. I agree with everyone saying that suspensions in general need to be longer. 2-3 games isn't going to put any sort of fear in anyone. Even with Keith's 5 games he's only losing ~$150,000. Not hard to deal with when he's making almost $8M this season.

Also was not surprised to see Mike Works in here being the saltiest of the salty.

bardia

Keiths suspension seems to be in line with what shanahan has been giving out all year in terms of consistency. If anything, Keith got it a bit worse considering he's not a repeat offender, yet he still got 5 games. I do think Keith deserved a longer suspension, but I also think all headshots in general need to carry longer suspensions. The low number of games being handed out for taking a player out for a whole season is a joke at the moment (ie Bourqe on backstrom).

I think a lot of Canucks fans are angry because they were hoping shanahan would make an example of Keith and give him a long suspension to show the players that he's serious about taking headshots out, however he already fucked that up earlier in the week when he had a chance to make an example out of doan but gave him 3 games only so it made no sense why canucks fans thought that he would start taking headshots seriously with Keith's hit just a few days later. Hopefully next season we'll see shanahan give much longer suspensions for headshots.

Montresor

Well I just got back from The Hunger Games. I haven't checked the score of the Leafs game. I honestly forgot there was a game tonight! I think I'll try to check out the game-in-six-minutes highlights without knowing the score beforehand...

Anyway, ugh, I loved The Hunger Games but my brother and friend just fucking sucked all the fun out of it by comparing it to Battle Royale. I've never seen Battle Royale but it was nothing but Battle Royale did this better and Battle Royale did that better. Good god shut the fuck up.

Revenant

Well I just got back from The Hunger Games. I haven't checked the score of the Leafs game. I honestly forgot there was a game tonight! I think I'll try to check out the game-in-six-minutes highlights without knowing the score beforehand...

Anyway, ugh, I loved The Hunger Games but my brother and friend just fucking sucked all the fun out of it by comparing it to Battle Royale. I've never seen Battle Royale but it was nothing but Battle Royale did this better and Battle Royale did that better. Good god shut the fuck up.

you're going to get that. As a huge fan of Battle Royale I'm actually quite interested in seeing the concept somehow make it's way to the US, since Battle Royale as is would probably not fly here. Sorry your brother and friend had to be "those guys"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I saw 21 Jump Street. Have to say it was a lot better than I expected. Also made me feel old as hell.

Just to add a little more to the consistency discussion of the Keith ban, take a look at this elbow to the head on Hejda after he dropped to his knee. Torres had enough time to let up, wasn't committed to the hit before Hejda dropped but still went through with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wckGdkYJsCg

No ban for Torres. He was fined $2,500. It's funny to me that the league recognized the hit enough to fine Torres for it but not enough to do anything about it. Great message to send, especially to that shit head.

If Raffi Torres can get away with head hits don't be shocked to see star players get a little leniency. I think 6 or 7 would've been the sweet spot for the Keith ban in regards to how suspensions have been handled this year, but like a few others around here I think suspensions in general need to be longer.

The people talking about first round ban are unhinged. Yes it sucks that one of your top players is out of the lineup now but should player status be considered during bans? Of course not. Why should a guy get a longer ban because he took out a 1st liner rather than a 4th? Bigger contracts should not = bigger consideration for punishment. That's a good way to cause a fair amount of unrest within the NHLPA except for the '1%', so to speak. Make suspensions longer in general and that'll be an effective deterrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom