• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
I'm sorry, next time I'll make my complaints even more vocal. Pretty sure I have had a good enough reason to be completely pissed off the last 10 games, but nope can't complain when you are a "top" team right?

Speaking of which, lost number 7 in a row happening tonight? I mean we play a pretty weak team called Carolina, so of course we shall do our best to make them look like a bunch of All Stars, wonderful!!!

Never change.

Alucard

Banned
I'll change you know, when we stop sucking here.

Edit: Sorry for the saltiness, I literally just woke up from a dream where we let Hudler go after this season and in a game he was on the other team and scored 3 goals against in the first period.

You have rage issues, dude.

Heretic

At this rate you will only have two chances to see them.

Ugh, they better win tonight, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, not good, not good at all.
My guess is that they've been reading your post and don't give a shit anymore because you're always wanting players from other teams...

You have rage issues, dude.

I have had.... an extremely stressful final semester of college at the moment, so that isn't really helping.

My guess is that they've been reading your post and don't give a shit anymore because you're always wanting players from other teams...

Dang, you're probably right, they are probably taking my drive for 8th post seriously now, oh man what have I done!

Alucard

Banned
Fleury not starting tonight.

There is hope.

Thiessen-closeup-scaled.jpg

Brad Thiessen

3-0-0

With stats like these, I still like the Pens' chances to put up 4-5 goals and give their keeper a chance. Is Bishop starting for Ottawa? How has he been lately?

Cake Boss

Banned
Bishop is starting.

3-2-2 // 2.16 // .918SV (Last nights game killed his stats)

That game last night was all on the coach, should have started Bishop instead of Anderson who hasn't played for 2 weeks, the first goal killed the team's confidence and basically panicked.

Alucard

Banned
Thiessen has never played a road game in the NHL, so that will certainly play on his nerves a bit. Anything can happen, but with a healthy Pens squad, I feel like they can win every single game from now until the end of the regular season. The playoffs are a different story.

After this weekend's games against the Senators and Devils, the Penguins have a home-and-home series on Tuesday and Thursday against...the Islanders. I expect to see some incredible stats padding in those games.

Alucard

Banned
Some other notes on tonight's Pens/Sens game:

-Ben Lovejoy will step in for Matt Niskanen.
-Crosby is still centering the third line with Cooke and Kennedy as his linemates.
-Brent Johnson practiced with the team for the first time since February 23rd. He'll go back to being the Pens' backup once he gets healthy.
-Malkin is 5 points away from 100 for the season. Will he hit that this weekend, or have to wait until the Pens face the Isles?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bishop is starting.

3-2-2 // 2.16 // .918SV (Last nights game killed his stats)

That game last night was all on the coach, should have started Bishop instead of Anderson who hasn't played for 2 weeks, the first goal killed the team's confidence and basically panicked.
He needed to start Anderson some time, and Montreal is probably the lowest team standings-wise that the Sens are going to face for the rest of the season, it makes sense he started him. Not his fault he shit the bed on the first shift.

Some other notes on tonight's Pens/Sens game:

-Ben Lovejoy will step in for Matt Niskanen.
-Crosby is still centering the third line with Cooke and Kennedy as his linemates.
-Brent Johnson practiced with the team for the first time since February 23rd. He'll go back to being the Pens' backup once he gets healthy.
-Malkin is 5 points away from 100 for the season. Will he hit that this weekend, or have to wait until the Pens face the Isles?

I'm more excited about him eventually catching stamkos in goals than points.

ZeroGravity

He'll need 2-3 more multi-goal games before the end of the season, and hope that Stamkos stays cold for that to happen.
Stamkos is basically exhausted. Boucher's had to play him way too much down the stretch. Wouldn't surprise me if he only scored another goal or two the rest of the way.

CCF23

I am officially eliminating the Flames from playoff contention. This is how it's going to shake down anyway...

Pittsburgh
Boston
Florida
NYR
Philly
NJ
Washington
Buffalo
-----------------
lol ottawa
who cares

St. Louis
Vancouver
Los Angeles
Detroit
Nashville
Chicago
Dallas
San Jose
-----------------
Phoenix
Colorado
lol calgary
who cares

Acid08

Banned
You really think the Yotes won't make it?

Pulling for the Nucks and Bruins tonight. Fuck you Queens and Avs.

Go Sharks!

CCF23

It'll be super close, but I think LA has figured it out a bit and will win the division, Dallas has been pretty consistent for awhile now and should get in so it's between the Sharks and the Yotes for 8th and I gave the nod to the Sharks. It'll be by like 1 point.

Also, the Yotes still have 2 games left against the Blues, which works against them.

Pulling for the Nucks and Bruins tonight. Fuck you Queens and Avs.

Go Sharks!

WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT.

That said I think the Sharks have a huge upperhand at this point with their games in hand. It'll come down to the Sharks/Yotes for 8th after we fuck up tonight and Wed. Monday should be fun to watch though. McGinn w/ the GWG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom