• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ONE WEEK OF HOCKEY IS NO LAUGHING MATTER

Apart from the Habs/Leafs game on the 7th
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

KW4b4.jpg

Disclaimer : I did not make that, and I'm not sure why Buffalo's in there, sorry Sabre fans. I also get a sick pleasure out of see the Wild in the basement after going 20-5 or whatever their beginning record was.

Tabris

There are two yahoo leagues going right now I'm pretty sure.... I got Tabris in our first round.

DAMN IT! I wasn't paying attention and I left Crosby on the bench for our round. I hadn't moved him since he came back. I'll be good in second round of playoffs though if I can get past you.

pringles

Just saw the Detroit-Columbus highlights.

Wow, Columbus suck, but still.. never seen so many pretty goals in one game. Wings are definitely getting their confidence back. Maybe there is still hope for something other than a 1st round exit.

Word on Bryz is he got x-rays but isn't injured according to Homer. Bob is starting next game though.

So basically in Holmgren speak: "Bryz is concussed, with a broken leg, and a torn MCL. He's practically dead."

Fei

Tonight's the night. Caps-Sabres. With so few games left, and Ottawa picking up their game again, this could be the deciding game for who gets the eighth spot. Fuck I haven't been this nervous.. this feels like a Game 7 to get the last seed.

I'm normally pretty pessimistic in times like these, but this team has played so solid for two months that I am cautiously optimistic. Someone's going to score a big goal. Miller is going to make the big save. I think we have a good chance tonight.

KW4b4.jpg

Disclaimer : I did not make that, and I'm not sure why Buffalo's in there, sorry Sabre fans. I also get a sick pleasure out of see the Wild in the basement after going 20-5 or whatever their beginning record was.

:lol At first I was all 'WTF man?'

Tonight's the night. Caps-Sabres. With so few games left, and Ottawa picking up their game again, this could be the deciding game for who gets the eighth spot. Fuck I haven't been this nervous.. this feels like a Game 7 to get the last seed.

I'm normally pretty pessimistic in times like these, but this team has played so solid for two months that I am cautiously optimistic.

I hate you and everything you stand for.

Hunter S.

So disappointed at the Avs, after the Sharks went up 2-0 I knew it was over, got drunk and played gears 3. Gears 3 was a bad choice I should have just watched the Avs being slapped around. Guys got my hopes up.

Hunter S.

Dark days indeed when you have to go back to gaming again.

I suppose I will jump on with Chicago or the Canucks for the playoffs just to keep the fun going.

Puddles

Banned
Still fuming over that Luongo glove save on a shot that would have tied the game.

Don't Canucks fans hate this guy? Didn't he just get lit up with consecutive five goal games like a week ago? Of course he would look like the greatest goalie in the history of the NHL when we face him in a critical game for playoff seeding.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Once Florida clinches a playoff spot, Toronto will be back on top of the longest playoff drought list.

Going to feel so good when the Leafs finally win the Cup one day. I'll be sure to find each and every one of you, no one will be free from my wrath.

Montresor

Kave_Man in 2047:

[IMGhttp://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/images/111820/photos/PHOTO_4571111_111820_8856138_ap.jpg[/IMG]

:lol That honestly cracked me up haha.

Also... Leaf fans:

Do I go to the game tonight? If I go, do I cheer when they score? One thing I do know, is that if I go to the game, and if the Leafs are losing... I am going to be merciless.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've done nothing to you. D:

There is sure to be some collateral damage during that time. I can't be held responsible for innocents getting hurt.

Kave_Man in 2047:

PHOTO_4571111_111820_8856138_ap.jpg

Honestly I think I would have broken down by then if the Leafs had not won a single Cup. I'm a very patient man but not that patient.

Truthfully speaking though I personally expect the Leafs to be contending for a Cup realistically by around 2017. I'd love for it to be expediated but don't know how plausible that is.

:lol That honestly cracked me up haha.

Judas! I thought we were buds man. :(

OnPoint

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

KW4b4.jpg

It's cool. It's not even the right logo.

Don't worry Sabres fans. You still have 4 free points to get from the Leafs.

And we will very likely need each one.

Curufinwe

Word on Bryz is he got x-rays but isn't injured according to Homer. Bob is starting next game though.

So basically in Holmgren speak: "Bryz is concussed, with a broken leg, and a torn MCL. He's practically dead."

I hope his injury was less painful than those ghastly Briere and Carle turnovers last night.

Whoah, Ballard was in rough shape. Room for tons of jokes about comparing his game readiness to the Leafs but when you're sleeping that much a day, it's hardly living at all. Glad he's skating again but sounds like there is a long way to go.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hall is out for the rest of the year which should help Edmonton's tank, but Randy said today they're going to use the remaining 6 games to "evaluate their young players", dunno how that changes how they've been playing but hopefully it means more losses.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still fuming over that Luongo glove save on a shot that would have tied the game.

Don't Canucks fans hate this guy? Didn't he just get lit up with consecutive five goal games like a week ago? Of course he would look like the greatest goalie in the history of the NHL when we face him in a critical game for playoff seeding.

There is a VERY vocal minority in Vancouver that jumps on him whenever he does something bad, regardless of how many good games he has. He was a Vezina nominee last season and played AWESOME throughout most of the playoffs, he was the only reason we even won 3 games against boston and didn't get blown out in 4, and still everything the loud critics talk about is the 4 losses in the SCF. He's generally vezina-good, with a few hickups from time to time. There's a reason we pay him this much... The vocal minority of critics is just REALLY vocal.

So don't feel too bad, he plays this well quite often, you just never hear about it :/

Socreges

Banned

Ignoring his recent bad spell, he's had plenty of games this season where he's been that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom