• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fei

Sabres fans are crazy if they think they're clearly better in any area besides goaltending. You're on one hell of a run right now for sure though.

I agree with this. Just saying as a team we are playing outstanding hockey game in and game out. And the record shows it.

Sabres pride is at a high level right now. Probably could pick a fight with most fans ready to defend this team when a month ago we were almost all shouting 'blow it up'. Not knocking their dedication, but I can't stand quite as firmly behind this team when I still might cut half the roster if I were in charge.

I just want to enjoy the ride and at least 4 playoff games.

It's a take it as it comes situation for me. But so far it's been really nice.

Well said man, well said. It is funny that this pattern keeps repeating itself. Shows something is wrong there, and I certainly don't deny that. Somehow the team always manages to make that "hell of a push" to the playoffs. Personally, I don't like that, I want a solid, consistent team all season.

OnPoint

Well said man, well said. It is funny that this pattern keeps repeating itself. Shows something is wrong there, and I certainly don't deny that. Somehow the team always manages to make that "hell of a push" to the playoffs. Personally, I don't like that, I want a solid, consistent team all season.
It's gotta let up at some point. I'll be shocked if they make a deep run, should they actually make it in

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
9 WASHINGTON SE
10 WINNIPEG SE
11 TAMPA BAY SE
12 CAROLINA SE

Now that's just funny.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how often does it happen that a Division-leader has less points than the 8th seed and only made the playoffs because they won a crappy division?

Predators will be listening to their Chris Hansen sound board on their way to Detroit. They should have brought condoms to Saint Louis.
Arnottweeniehat.jpg

fallout

Now that's just funny.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how often does it happen that a Division-leader has less points than the 8th seed and only made the playoffs because they won a crappy division?
Don't know for sure, but they would have to have less points than 9th to only make the playoffs because they won a crappy division. This would probably be pretty unlikely, given that there would only be 3 other teams that could have more points than them and not be in the same division.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Don't know for sure, but they would have to have less points than 9th to only make the playoffs because they won a crappy division. This would probably be pretty unlikely, given that there would only be 3 other teams that could have more points than them and not be in the same division.

Oh right, less than 9th, you're correct. Also, just by looking at the standings right now it's not THAT extremely unlikely that Florida will end up with 8th in points, so all they'd need is 1 more team, that's fairly close to my hypothetical scenario.

So I'm wondering if that's happened before/how often that it happens. Has to have happened at least once I'd think?

Home

Just saw all of the goals against the leafs tonight. The first one I guess you can't really blame on Gus because it was tipped, barely. The other two were atrocious though.

I mean I was a huge fan of Brent when he was on our team but a sniper he is not.

Socreges

Banned
Oh right, less than 9th, you're correct. Also, just by looking at the standings right now it's not THAT extremely unlikely that Florida will end up with 8th in points, so all they'd need is 1 more team, that's fairly close to my hypothetical scenario.

So I'm wondering if that's happened before/how often that it happens. Has to have happened at least once I'd think?
Not necessarily. This kind of format hasn't been around forever. Just glanced through the last ten years and, while the Southeast is always terrible, the division winner has at least as many points as the 8th place team every time.

Cactus

Banned
Just saw all of the goals against the leafs tonight. The first one I guess you can't really blame on Gus because it was tipped, barely. The other two were atrocious though.

I mean I was a huge fan of Brent when he was on our team but a sniper he is not.

At least Rynnas looked decent in relief.

But yeah, Gustavsson is done. Nothing personal against Gustavsson, but if Reimer is done for the season I'd rather start Rynnas over a guy who will be playing for another organization next season. After tonight, there's no reason to put him back in the net.

El Tigre

At least Rynnas looked decent in relief.

But yeah, Gustavsson is done. Nothing personal against Gustavsson, but if Reimer is done for the season I'd rather start Rynnas over a guy who will be playing for another organization next season. After tonight, there's no reason to put him back in the net.

Why not? Need to go 0-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom