• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've actually convinced yourself of all the speculative bullshit you just spewed out a few seconds ago. Keep going, this is fucking hilarious.

To further immerse yourself in a delusional state, here's a morsel from 08.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223240&page=15

xNmym.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
nhl on tsn said habs should pick forsberg

how good is this guy? anyone here watch him play?
Button is a complete idiot. He says we need a center then says we need to take Forsberg over Grigorenko? Forsberg has like 18 points in 49 games in Swedish league thats not even the top one while grigorenko has torn up the Quebec league, and been nominated for all the top league awards and is a 6'3 200 lbs center. The only way we draft forsberg is if we fall to 5-6+.

belvedere

Junior Butler
"Blues-Gaf" is making it difficult for me to hope Halak does well in the playoffs :(

Have faith, a few of us simply responded to blatantly ignorant accusations. When we didn't get through via normal means one of us had to deteriorate into the level of the accuser(s).

:p

Acid08

Banned
I missed an all out haters ball in honor of the Blues???

I'm late but fuck that team. I refuse to believe they'll even sniff the Cup this year.

belvedere

Junior Butler
If you feel like dancing, well come on, it's up to you.

Humor is useless, they don't understand our ways of communication. Unless you speak in terms of 100% joy or 100% bitterness, they won't be able to communicate.

Quickly, hit them with some of their own vernacular.

Quick

Banned
Gustavsson has clearly checked out mentally, need to start him the rest of the season so we can get the 2nd overall pick!

Dem empty eyes. Can we get a gif of him on the bench right after getting pulled?

The guy just looked so broken and soulless. I truly feel bad for him after having a pretty good season before the team decided to tank it.

Dem empty eyes. Can we get a gif of him on the bench right after getting pulled?

The guy just looked so broken and soulless. I truly feel bad for him after having a pretty good season before the team decided to tank it.

He is a free agent, he should still have some care in his play so he can get signed somewhere next season......

Whats up with Reimer? Did they say what his back issue was?

Filth

RANGER FANS UNITE. all 3 of you.

Hey if anyone is watching rangers vs jets tomorrow I'll be at the mts center. Me and my cousin will be the only people wearing rangers jerseys. D:

Quick

Banned
I just saw a feature on Ovechkin on TSN, and it was about him struggling all season. I think I figured out why: he doesn't have a beard. Ovechkin was being interviewed while eating with his family and girlfriend, and it looked kind of awkward. It looked really quiet and intense. :lol

Also, his girlfriend - Maria Kirilenko - is so fine. I hate him.

maria-kirilenko-1.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
@ChrisKuc said:
By the way, they took that shot on goal on one of the #Blackhawks' power plays away so they have officially gone 8 straight without a shot.
8 fucking power plays in a row without a single fucking shot on goal.

iYr4OrIF3JrQc.gif

Button is a complete idiot. He says we need a center then says we need to take Forsberg over Grigorenko? Forsberg has like 18 points in 49 games in Swedish league thats not even the top one while grigorenko has torn up the Quebec league, and been nominated for all the top league awards and is a 6'3 200 lbs center. The only way we draft forsberg is if we fall to 5-6+.
Since i been out of Sweden this year i haven't seen Forsberg in a while but i would still wan't to give some input.

You are making it sound like the league that Forsberg is playing in, is worse then QMJHL. Which i really don't think it is. Overall i think that the teams are better in Allsvenskan and even more importantly the hockey is much more "mature" with more focus on defence and more experienced players. Maybe you can say less run and gun. I am certain that it is much harder to lit it up in Allsvenskan compared to the junior leagues in north america. Looking at how some of the Swedish juniors(Rensfeldt, Kempe etc) performed oversees strengthens my positions in this.

All this said, I also think that Grigorenko is the better player and the better choice. Just wanted to give some input on the leagues.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Now you know why I drink.

Well, NHL 12 too.
:lol :lol too true.
Since i been out of Sweden this year i haven't seen Forsberg in a while but i would still wan't to give some input.

You are making it sound like the league that Forsberg is playing in, is worse then QMJHL. Which i really don't think it is. Overall i think that the teams are better in Allsvenskan and even more importantly the hockey is much more "mature" with more focus on defence and more experienced players. Maybe you can say less run and gun. I am certain that it is much harder to lit it up in Allsvenskan compared to the junior leagues in north america. Looking at how some of the Swedish juniors(Rensfeldt, Kempe etc) performed oversees strengthens my positions in this.

All this said, I also think that Grigorenko is the better player and the better choice. Just wanted to give some input on the leagues.
I'm by no means saying the QMJHL is a notch better then the league he's playing, but if Button thinks he should go as high as he is I would expect him to be playing in the same league guys like Backstrom, Hedman, Larsson, and Zibanejed and to be putting up better numbers. I'm sure he'll be a great player, and if the Habs fall enough to grab him I'll be happy, I just couldn't understand Button even proposing the idea of choosing him over Grigorenko at this point, with this team that needs a big C like a fat kid needs cake. I appreciate the input on the Swedish leagues though, I obviously don't know a lot about them and have to go on scout readings and such. I'm researching most of the top 7 prospects as much as I can, any extra input is valued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom