• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Button likes to go "off the board" for his picks for no particular reason. He makes bizarre selections every year.
I wouldn't lose sleep over his list.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
well at least blues-gaf has shown up 4 days before marty chinn

its almost april marty, i hope you're nearby

How many of those were decided in OT?
11/8: Preds 4 - Blues 2 (Regulation)
12/17: Preds 2 - Blues 1 (OT)
12/30: Preds 2 - Blues 1 (OT)
2/4: Preds 3 - Blues 1 (Regulation)
2/23: Blues 3 - Preds 2 (OT)
3/27: Blues 3 - Preds 0 (Regulation)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You have to admit... for how big (and ever growing) Leafs and Habs-Gaf get they have relatively low sodium levels....

There aren't very many fanbases around here that just grow naturally other than those two though. Everyone else just seems to grab a new person every now and then when they jump on the board.

Honestly give us just one playoff series against each other and the salt will spring eternal.

We would probably need a seperate thread just for the Habs vs Leafs playoff series the day it happens.

Just bought my tickets for the October's preseason game against the Devils and Islanders at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Any other Gaffers plan on going?

ProgramFighter
(Today, 10:55 AM)
image.php

0tSBl.gif

I have officially seen everything now, a Devils fan, what are the odds of that.
welcome!!

Also sadly I missed making fun of the Blues last night, aren't they the team that made it to the Stanley Cup finals 3 years in a row and lost every single one?

And then they complain that the Leafs get too much press and publicity over their own teams.

You'll have to forgive our schadenfreude today given how high expectations were for you this year and how low they were for us(if anything we were mocked by the Toronto media in the preseason).

Sens fans should be more worried about Buffalo and Washington rather than Toronto at this point.

Montresor

It's weird the way news can be spun. You think it's laughable... I think: Good! That's how a hockey team should be run!

Where is the problem with Burke being a dictator, as the article suggests, in the Leafs organization? Owners don't know hockey, they don't know sports, least of all MLSE, and so they should leave all decisions in hockey operations up to Burke (or whoever is the acting GM at the time). The owners should have virtually no sway whatsoever, whether it's who the Leafs scout, sign, trade, draft, acquire, or who coaches, who gets called up, etc... They especially should have no say when it comes to firing Burke.

IMO the only thing an owner should ever have a say in is who gets to be the GM when one former (or current) GM's contract runs out. Let Burke's contract run out and don't even dare meddle in hockey operations... that would be my request for the owners. Hey, they fucked up, that's understandable. So far it looks like the owners hired the wrong guy to be the GM. But you don't fix that by telling Burke to operate a certain way or by firing him before he's had the opportunity to play out his entire contract. Stay the course, and dump him on his blowhard ass when it comes to renew his contract, and hire someone better. The reason I say this is because Burke's tenure here is not entirely unsalvageable. It's been god awful so far, but I want to see how his draft picks play out before we thoroughly crucify him.

Marvie_3

Banned
It is clearly fake. Why would anyone think that gafers are planning to go to a Devils Islanders game. I just wonder who made the account. I wonder if Forza is bored with cube already?

I'd go if I lived out east and it wasn't a preseason game.

Yeah, but they had to sell all of them to keep the nights on during home games.

Did you mean to type this or did these words spill from your keyboard at random?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just noticed that Dupuis is on an 11game-point streak, not bad for the old guy. "old".

BECAUSE NOW I DON'T HAVE TO PRETEND TO CARE ABOUT THE DEVILS BRUCE

Also because maybe he's a good dude and has worthwhile things to contribute. Don't be so insular bro.

Why would you pretend to care about the Devils? Man the move to community has made things really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom