• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I haven't found time for the 3rd yet over papers due, but nothing will ever beat the epicness of the speech Shepard gives in ME1 when he first takes command of the Normandy.

Also, dat Leafs home record. Not that Carlyle could've done anything to prevent the Leafs missing the playoffs... I hope they stick with him for a while and give him a real chance.

They have Carlyle signed for 3 years I believe so he's here for a while.

Enjoy the fuck out of Shepard's awkward exists from conversations.

"I should go."

Haha I love that.

Wrex: I killed my father and watched his carcass burn...
Shepard: I should go

I actually think Florida may have more playoff experience in their locker room though. Not saying I think Florida wins hands down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Devs lose. I haven't followed them extremely closely, but isn't their position largely due to one major push this year? If they're not at that same level come playoffs they'd hardly be a favorite.

Also Florida has split the year's series with NJ 2-1-1). The panthers have played well vs the devils this year. The last game was 4-1 Fla in NJ. The panthers D-men and being able to hold the Devils on the blue line was the deciding factor. The main factor will come from FLAs offence if they get some life in their play like the 1st half of the season I think the Panthers have a very strong case at making the second round.

On the other side making the play-off is achievement enough. This is a team in the first year of Tallon's rebuild, with a rookie coach. Having the cats hold the SE division for nearly the entire season from last year as least pts in the east is quite the accomplishment. I still feel like the cats are the butt of many jokes in the NHL for the season without justly looking at team and what they have done in year's time.

Edit on a side note Theodore is .921 SA and 2.31 GAA. Note sure what is lol-worthy?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Following up on what someone here said about Scrivens being called up. Seems he's just here for the day then will be sent back down.

Jonas Siegel is reporting he may have been brought up so he gets a little bonus as a way of rewarding his strong play with the Marlies this year.

Pretty classy thing to do if true.

came up on my Facebook feed:

BciCI.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
should change to Leafs tank for high draft pick.

I think the Habs had some win able games whereas TO is in tough.

TANK BATTLE

Read this on hfboards :
"Even if the Habs go 2-2-1, all the the Leafs need to do is win ONE game and we can't catch them. Same thing for the Ducks and possibly the Islanders (depends on the ROW tie-breaker). I have a hard time believing all these teams will lose out. If they get 3 points, we would have to go 3-2 at most to still pick ahead of them. If they get 4 points, we would have to go 3-1-1 at most to still pick ahead of them."

So I don't feel too concerned Leafs should win at least 2 games, and we should be able to win a lot of our remaining games, but those always end up being the games we lose.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Leafs last playoff game ended in such an awful way for them, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1KNCUvdzA

Of course, making the playoffs almost every year but not winning the Cup since the mid-70s is not that much better.

That last minute or so of the game was such a rush of emotions, a high after that insane hit by Tucker on Kapanen and then Roenick scoring just killed me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je_o7hKlHkw

Hell of a game though.

Fuck pride

QUIET KAVE MAN! WE GOTTA TANK!

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11410

We got an 8% chance of getting 1st overall!

:'(

Gonna beat your ass!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Agreed.

Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that shit. Cause a year from now, when you kicking it with Grigorenko, you gonna say to yourself, "Kuro Madoushi" was right.

Man this some bitch-made stuff. I understand wanting to draft high, but I never want to outright cheer for my team to suck ass. I just don't care when they lose anymore.

I've become numb.

Montresor

Man this some bitch-made stuff. I understand wanting to draft high, but I never want to outright cheer for my team to suck ass. I just don't care when they lose anymore.

I've become numb.

I hid a link to a Pulp Fiction video (in the period right after "Agreed"). =p Just quoting the movie since Kuro said "Fuck pride."

I'm not necessarily cheering for or against the Leafs. I just don't care what they do this season anymore. I'm really disappointed in Burke.

edit: MikeWorks. =/

Cactus

Banned
Although watching piss-poor performances is very difficult, next season is a fresh start, hopefully with a top prospect added to the organization along with some new faces.

Losing now, no matter how badly, doesn't bother me so much because these games are meaningless. It's nice to think that playing strong down the stretch actually means something, but I think that's being overly idealistic. The players know that they aren't making the playoffs and that there's a decent chance they won't even be on the team next season, so, really, what's the point? Once training camp starts this shit-show will be a distant memory.

Maybe I'm being overly apathetic, but if this team want to embarrass themselves like this, so be it. At the end of the day, Burke (who will likely feel the pressure that comes with knowing that your job is no longer safe) will ship out the players that need to be shipped out, and we'll get a lottery pick.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I've become numb.

I'm not saying cheer for a loss, but it's moot at this point to get bent out of shape over a loss. Especially when losing now will bring hope for the future.

I'll concede you're the bigger fan, but I'm telling you that tanking and getting that high draft pick IS GOING TO HELP YOU WIN THAT BLOODY BET!

@Red_man: it could come down to the final game. Buffalo is playing lights out (and we play them twice). Philly is on a hot streak as well (even if Bryz may not be 100%). Tampa we could definitely win. We could have one or two wins for the rest of the season...unless you durty Habs deliberately throw the last game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm not saying cheer for a loss, but it's moot at this point to get bent out of shape over a loss. Especially when losing now will bring hope for the future.

I'll concede you're the bigger fan, but I'm telling you that tanking and getting that high draft pick IS GOING TO HELP YOU WIN THAT BLOODY BET!

No way in hell I'm going to be wearing that dress, man. Not gonna happen.

Canuck76

Banned
Serious question:

What makes you think this is the year they finally realize to rebuild the franchise as opposed to other years?

Why you sweating me with this whole truth thing man?

I don't know. Ignialas getting older. They need a new star. Hopefully they see how they had no chance of a Stanley cup and need to retool

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why you sweating me with this whole truth thing man?

I don't know. Ignialas getting older. They need a new star. Hopefully they see how they had no chance of a Stanley cup and need to retool

Flames fan with Canuck alias?!

I like the Flames; their fans are a hell of a lot classier than the other Canadian teams. And one of my favourite players is Iginla. However, they are in a world of hurt soon if they don't start retooling.

Kipper is a great goalie, but they keep playing him too much.

Iginla can't do it all by himself.

Boumeester? More like BOMBmeester.

Not sure if they have any pieces to really build around...how's the farm team? Any prospects?

Fei

@Red_man: it could come down to the final game. Buffalo is playing lights out (and we play them twice). Philly is on a hot streak as well (even if Bryz may not be 100%). Tampa we could definitely win. We could have one or two wins for the rest of the season...unless you durty Habs deliberately throw the last game.

I have to admit I'm fairly worried the Leafs will somehow sweep that home-and-home to knock us out of the playoffs. Losing like that would be the Buffalo way.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kesler gets a reference in a new "The Secret Circle" episode, it's hilariously bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZp2sYCtmQ&feature=player_embedded

(I don't watch the show, just saw it on PITB and thought I'd share because it's hilarious.)

EDIT: The PITB comment is priceless too:

Let’s break this down: she’s talking about Kesler getting a breakaway and then dekeing a defenceman. That’ s not how breakaways work. If you have to deke a defenceman, it’s not a breakaway. Actually, it’s worse: she says that Kesler “caught the breakaway.” A breakaway isn’t a type of pass. But it gets even worse: she compares this to a goal scored by “Kyle” on a slap shot from the blueline. A breakaway is nothing like a slap shot from the blueline.

This reads exactly like what it is: someone took a series of words associated with hockey – breakaway, deke, slap shot, blueline – and tossed them together randomly with no regard as to whether the resulting sentence made a lick of sense. Add in the name of a professional hockey player who might appeal to that all-important 18-34 female demographic and you’re done!

Full Article here: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/03/27/video-ryan-kesler-gets-a-shoutout-on-the-secret-circle/

Kesler gets a reference in a new "The Secret Circle" episode, it's hilariously bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZp2sYCtmQ&feature=player_embedded

(I don't watch the show, just saw it on PITB and thought I'd share because it's hilarious.)

EDIT: The PITB comment is priceless too:

Full Article here: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/03/27/video-ryan-kesler-gets-a-shoutout-on-the-secret-circle/

I can't, I can't watch this. My brain starts melting and leaking out of my ears. Who watches these shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom