• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida is under .500 and the only reason they're even sniffing the playoffs is because of 15 loser points. They also have a goal differential of -19 despite playing in a shit division. Finally, Jose Theodore is their goalie.
I will never understand the hate for looser points in here. It is better to turn it around and say that some other teams in the race, like Buffalo, Ottawa and New Jersey has gotten more points from stupid gimmicks like 4 vs 4 and shootouts that isn't hockey and sure as hell won't help them in the playoffs.

And marvie, we are fucked this playoff arent we?:(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can't, I can't watch this. My brain starts melting and leaking out of my ears. Who watches these shows?

This is the first time I've even heard of the show, and it definitely makes me not regret that. The clip, however, is hilariously bad.

Revenant

Kesler gets a reference in a new "The Secret Circle" episode, it's hilariously bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZp2sYCtmQ&feature=player_embedded

(I don't watch the show, just saw it on PITB and thought I'd share because it's hilarious.)

EDIT: The PITB comment is priceless too:

Full Article here: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/03/27/video-ryan-kesler-gets-a-shoutout-on-the-secret-circle/

Kesler is so good at catching breakaways. I envy him! He's such a dick for looping back around to deke that D Man though.

Smiley90

Kesler is so good at catching breakaways. I envy him! He's such a dick for looping back around to deke that D Man though.

OH I get it now, he had the breakway, looped around to deke a D-man and then scored on a slapshot from the blueline. It's all clear now! What a boss-move.

Montresor

Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Nashville, and Detroit all deserve to go deep in the playoffs. A real shame that the point system in its current form will practically guarantee that two of them are eliminated in the first round.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Nashville, and Detroit all deserve to go deep in the playoffs. A real shame that the point system in its current form will practically guarantee that two of them are eliminated in the first round.

I deserve a million dollars. Doesn't mean I'll get it.

Socreges

Banned
I can't, I can't watch this. My brain starts melting and leaking out of my ears. Who watches these shows?
Try reading the Youtube comments to figure it out:

tumblr_lij620E6eA1qzgu6io1_500.gif

Smiley90

Try reading the Youtube comments to figure it out:

tumblr_lij620E6eA1qzgu6io1_500.gif

OH GOD WHY. Usernames included, for extra pleasure:

god, melissa does not get enough screen time

TheDiariesOfVampires 1 day ago 69

Adam&#65279; and Melissa. Why didn't this friendship happen at the beginning of the season? EPIC <3

crazydreamer100

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we're back. Zatta scores on the pp at the end of the 1st after a Babcock no talk time out. I don't think the Wings are totally out of it yet, if they can get the next one, I think they'll end up winning.

Looks like we're back. Zatta scores on the pp at the end of the 1st after a Babcock no talk time out. I don't think the Wings are totally out of it yet, if they can get the next one, I think they'll end up winning.

Nyquist needs to get more ice time here, I hate having him with Emmerton and Holmstrom, ugh...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Nyquist needs to get more ice time here, I hate having him with Emmerton and Holmstrom, ugh...
I know right? I would love to see him get top 6 minutes next season, but we all know that won't happen. Bertuzzi or Hudler would have to drop out and they're both making cases to stay.

I'd like to see them try...

Nyquist/Datsyuk/Franzen
Hudler/Zetterberg/Filppula

or if Hudler doesn't re-sign

Bertuzzi/Zetterberg/Filppula

Detroit still looks really sloppy this game, idk if they'll be able to wake up and actually take control and tie it and win it.

Edit: Babcock is pissed! Could tell he did not want to talk to Pierre.

Edit 2: Yeah that's probably game, good job to show up to this game Detroit, good job.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well now he's more pissed... Well I figured they weren't gonna win one of these next few games. Rather it be this one to be honest. As long as they beat Nashville on Friday, then whatever.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously Detroit, wtf happens to you after you win a blow out game? Why do you always play like shit the next game? The D has been fucking terrible tonight. Must be Ericsson's fault.

SCREW THIS TEAM, AND CONKLIN BLOWS HARDCORE.

Knew this was going to happen after last game, rather go play the ending to Mass Effect 3 over and over again than watch this pathetic excuse for hockey.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
5-goal win? We'll follow that with a 5-game losing streak.

That's how we do things in Hockeytown.

Alan Wake is the best game ever, play that instead.

The original + DLC are a fantastic story, and the environment, sound and design is absolutely spot on. The gameplay is a bit 'samey' after a while, but it keeps me on the edge of my seat simply because of how much you have to react.

American Nightmare is more of the same with good additions, which is exactly what I wanted. Love the Mr Scratch videos.

Tune in and we can dance the wonderful waltz that is play by playing in NHL-Gaf.

You have a good point. God knows I'll be missing Ducks Hockey™ when the playoffs start.

The original + DLC are a fantastic story, and the environment, sound and design is absolutely spot on. The gameplay is a bit 'samey' after a while, but it keeps me on the edge of my seat simply because of how much you have to react.

American Nightmare is more of the same with good additions, which is exactly what I wanted. Love the Mr Scratch videos.

You have a good point. God knows I'll be missing Ducks Hockey™ when the playoffs start.

Yup, the original is easily my favorite single player experience I have ever had, can't wait for the true sequel.

Yup, the original is easily my favorite single player experience I have ever had, can't wait for the true sequel.

Most definitely. I love psychological horror games (<3 Silent Hill) because they can stir the most emotion (usually fear), and the first Alan Wake was just as immersing as it was disturbing. I pretty much had my mouth open 24/7 as the game was nearing towards the end.

Most definitely. I love psychological horror games (<3 Silent Hill) because they can stir the most emotion (usually fear), and the first Alan Wake was just as immersing as it was disturbing. I pretty much had my mouth open 24/7 as the game was nearing towards the end.

Yup, that was pretty much my reaction the whole game espcially with the twists and what not, soooooooo good.

Revenant

what kind of "good editions are we talking?" I enjoyed the previous Alan Wake, but I'm not really a DLC person, so it takes a lot to make me buy it. What makes American Nightmare so interesting? heard some good buzz.

what kind of "good editions are we talking?" I enjoyed the previous Alan Wake, but I'm not really a DLC person, so it takes a lot to make me buy it. What makes American Nightmare so interesting? heard some good buzz.

I'm only halfway through it, so it hasn't touched base yet on how it links up with the original story. But the new weapons and mini-map radar are great additions. It's just more of what made the original Alan Wake so good (except the whole 'creepy woods and cabin' vibe and the feeling of helplessness and despair, Alan seems more 'in control' in this episode and is reminiscent of Ash in Evil Dead II). I like the way the story is unfolding though. More of a 'rivalry' set up as opposed to a 'desperate struggle' scenario.

Revenant

yup I feel like i've seen that so many times in response to DetroitGAF during regular season losses, the torch needed to be carried.

I'm only halfway through it, so it hasn't touched base yet on how it links up with the original story. But the new weapons and mini-map radar are great additions. It's just more of what made the original Alan Wake so good (except the whole 'creepy woods and cabin' vibe and the feeling of helplessness and despair, Alan seems more 'in control' in this episode and is reminiscent of Ash in Evil Dead II). I like the way the story is unfolding though. More of a 'rivalry' set up as opposed to a 'desperate struggle' scenario.

yea I heard about his "adversary" which sounded cool, the ash comparison makes it sound even more interesting, guess I'll buy it on sale and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom