• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an intense but sloppy game. Glad the Kings were able to fend off the _ucks. Nice to see Carter get his first couple of goals as well.

Acid08

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché;35701801 said:
Great win for my Blues. 5 out of 6 ain't too shabby.

Glad you're so enthused watching your team piss away time in the defensive zone by not even attempting to move the puck.

^^^^^San Jose could only muster up 19 garbage shots lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MyEpitomeCliché;35701801 said:
Great win for my Blues. 5 out of 6 ain't too shabby.

I haven't seen the Blues beat down a team like that in a long time. Beautiful way to end on the road. Blackhawks are next.

Acid08

Banned
^^^^^San Jose could only muster up 19 garbage shots lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I haven't seen the Blues beat down a team like that in a long time. Beautiful way to end on the road. Blackhawks are next.

Sharks were awful, no doubt.

That being said fuck the Blues, I hope you get tossed in the first round. Your shitty play style shouldn't be anywhere near the Cup.

Puddles

Banned
Are you completely unaware of the way the Blues play?

Not to say that the Sharks aren't playing like garbage but the Blues style is just fucking ridiculous.

Actually, I haven't watched more than a few minutes of a Blues game this season. I just know that Elliot has the best goalie stats in the league. What do they do?

Acid08

Banned
Actually, I haven't watched more than a few minutes of a Blues game this season. I just know that Elliot has the best goalie stats in the league. What do they do?

Their goalies appear SO GOOD because of the trap, lots of low percentage shots that equal easy routine saves. Remember the beginning of the season before Hitchcock? They were fucking awful but now they have adopted this fantastically boring yet effective style and suddenly they're winners!

Never seen so much useless puck movement from a team, in the corners they will literally just pass the puck back and forth to each other while making no attempts to do anything with it.

Sharks were awful, no doubt.

That being said fuck the Blues, I hope you get tossed in the first round. Your shitty play style shouldn't be anywhere near the Cup.

Wow. Yeah, having some of the best defense in the entire league is just so disgusting and shouldn't deservingly result in consistent success.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Their goalies appear SO GOOD because of the trap, lots of low percentage shots that equal easy routine saves. Remember the beginning of the season before Hitchcock? They were fucking awful but now they have adopted this fantastically boring yet effective style and suddenly they're winners!

Never seen so much useless puck movement from a team, in the corners they will literally just pass the puck back and forth to each other while making no attempts to do anything with it.

Trap lol

Being that ignorant should revoke all posting prviledges.

Acid08

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché;35702245 said:
Wow. Yeah, having some of the best defense in the entire league is just so disgusting and shouldn't deservingly result in consistent success.

Don't worry, once the playoffs start and you're playing a team with competent coaching(obviously not the Sharks) your trap defense is going to be exposed.

Fei

Miller Pre AllStar Break: 3.07 GAA .899 SV%
Miller Post AllStar Break: 1.75 GAA .943 SV%

Like a completely different player. If he keeps playing close to this, no reason we can't continue winning.

IMG00363-20120303-2129.jpg

belvedere

Junior Butler
Don't worry, once the playoffs start and you're playing a team with competent coaching(obviously not the Sharks) your trap defense is going to be exposed.

Is there a Fox news styled sports fan site you get your misinformation from? The Blues may be a defensively minded team, but the Sharks lost tonight because of everything but trap style play (which the Blues don't utilize anyway since they usually have someone force the puck into the offensive zone). Blame puck possession, shots on goal and the Sharks being overly emotional/cranky for the terribad effort, but not the "trap".

Acid08

Banned
Is there a Fox news styled sports fan site you get your misinformation from? The Blues may be a defensively minded team, but the Sharks lost tonight because of everything but trap style play (which the Blues don't utilize anyway since they usually have someone force the puck into the offensive zone). Blame puck possession, shots on goal and the Sharks being overly emotional/cranky for the terribad effort, but not the "trap".

lmao are you fucking kidding me? The Blues neutral zone play is classic trap and there is no way you can deny that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good god Kevin Weekes. Good god.

+ Kassian scores
+ Hodgson doesn't scores
+ Leafs fall down the standings

- Canucks Lose

I think all in all, we still came out ahead.

You're forgetting "we're still Nr1"

But I agree, Kassian scoring & getting an assist, some obvious good chemistry, and an overall good effort after the disastrous first 5 minutes... Not too bad of a loss.

Also, it's - as usual - all Raymond's fault.

Puddles

Banned
Good to see Jeff Carter score. He seemed to fit in well on the line with Richards. I wasn't quite sure how well that would work. Hopefully this is the sign of things to come. Dustin Brown is closing in on 20 goals, which is nice. This team has guys who can score; we've just been inexplicably terrible on offense this season.

MPW

oooh calgary next for habs

habs must win this game, someone fight cammy and kick his ass

after flames, habs can lose the rest of the games to land a top 3 draft pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oooh calgary next for habs

habs must win this game, someone fight cammy and kick his ass

after flames, habs can lose the rest of the games to land a top 3 draft pick
I hope they lose to the Flames I could give 2 fucks about cammalleri, the big game they need to lose is to the oilers, thats a big 4 point tank game.

I went to a Raptors game a few weeks ago and a little girl was wearing a Bosh jersey with her own name stitched over the Bosh, I thought it was hilarious

FOOTE

Blues had a great road trip. :lolgoddamn @ the McDonald goal.

Thank you to the Sabres.

Edit- The venom being spewed against the Blues in the thread is absolutely hilarious.

Also, there are a lot of new Blues fans showing up. :lol

cube444

Miller Pre AllStar Break: 3.07 GAA .899 SV%
Miller Post AllStar Break: 1.75 GAA .943 SV%

Like a completely different player. If he keeps playing close to this, no reason we can't continue winning.

If he does then you guys will get the 8th spot because the goaltending for Florida, Toronto, Tampa, Washington and Winnipeg is inconsistent.

Blues had a great road trip. :lolgoddamn @ the McDonald goal.

Thank you to the Sabres.

Edit- The venom being spewed against the Blues in the thread is absolutely hilarious.

Also, there are a lot of new Blues fans showing up. :lol

They'll be gone once the Blues suck again. :p

Also Bert might be out this game today, not having a good feeling with these injuries for today's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom