• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still seething over that loss last night. What an out and out embarassment. Hope they get bag skated Miracle style today at practice. Run these fuckers into the ground.

Montresor

Looks like carter Ashton is being called up lol Kadri turning into a career AHLer

There's nothing wrong with Kadri staying in the AHL. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. He is FAR from a career AHLer. He has lots of raw skill. He just needs to improve his defensive game and bulk up ever so slightly. I'm not worried about Kadri at all.

Merguson

Banned

It's a pretty bad article.

And there's a lot of "opinion" as facts. But of course, I shouldn't expect much from a blog.

For example.

He talks about his short stint with the Hartford Whalers but with some research, it's well known that it was a rebuilding year for the Whalers. They would do bad? What a shock.

Some people think Burke is responsible for bringing Luongo to Vancouver but they are wrong as this was done after Burke was gone and was a deal constructed by Dave Nonis.

Really? So even with Burke as the GM of the Ducks, people somehow mistook Dave Nonis for a younger Brian Burke? Bullshit. Who are these so-called people?

And I love how this article somehow pretends the 2001 draft did not exist, but 2000 and 2002 draft existed. Was 2003 draft canceled?

I'm sure you could argue his draft record but this blog decides to ignore various drafts. That makes it a written piece of shit. It's also very commonly known that the general managers make their pick in the 1st round while the scouting staff takes over for the rest of the draft. Maybe some general managers are a bit more hands-on, maybe some don't even care about the 1st round, but that's the general rule.

At this point, I don't even want to continue further. I'm willing to read arguments against Brian Burke but I'm not tolerating that bullshit.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
No suppl disc for Kronwall on Voracek. PPOC was head but deemed full body on body hit. Not a hit NHL believes should be out of the game.

CjcPH.jpg

"good call!"

Merguson

Banned
For Leaf fans..

Apparently we will be getting a look at Carter Ashton in tonight's game (hopefully?) against the Penguins as he's been called up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the above.

t0mp

@TSNBobMcKenzie
No suppl disc for Kronwall on Voracek. PPOC was head but deemed full body on body hit. Not a hit NHL believes should be out of the game.

CjcPH.jpg

"good call!"
Only cause he ended up not hurt..

Sort of joking.

Oh well, not like it has any affect on the flyers if he was suspended or not

Curufinwe

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hitting a defenseless player in the head with your shoulder is a full body on body hit now. What a joke. I hope Shanahan and the NHL will be happy when someone lays that type of hit on a player with a history of PCS and ends his career. Pittsburgh should be thankful they don't have to play the Redwings again this year.

Merguson

Banned
Hitting a defenseless player in the head with your shoulder is a full body on body hit now. What a joke. I hope Shanahan and the NHL will be happy when someone lays that type of hit on a player with a history of PCS and ends his career. Pittsburgh should be thankful they don't have to play the Redwings again this year.

Regardless of the hit, it was a stupid move for Voracek to put his head down and try to get the puck when there's a player right in front of him.

Not with a player (who's reputable for big hits) right in front of you. You just don't turn your head away and move forward.

Yeah, cuz players are gonna know exactly who is on the ice in front of them at any given time....

Anyone who plays wing is gonna have taken that hit a million times. You never know who the defenseman is, you just know the play. This awareness that you're talking about just doesn't exist. You know there is a guy there. You know you want to get the puck out of the zone. You know you're gonna get hit. That's about it....

@TSNBobMcKenzie

CjcPH.jpg

"good call!"

Well at least that is some good news about last night.

Red Wings are dirty and head hunters confirmed!!!!!

Merguson

Banned
Yeah, cuz players are gonna know exactly who is on the ice in front of them at any given time....

Anyone who plays wing is gonna have taken that hit a million times. You never know who the defenseman is, you just know the play. This awareness that you're talking about just doesn't exist. You know there is a guy there. You know you want to get the puck out of the zone. You know you're gonna get hit. That's about it....

So Voracek accepts he's going to get hit with his head down. He puts himself in a vulnerable position. Which is one of the factors that the NHL considers when dealing with suspensions regarding an illegal check to the head. Obviously the vulnerability of the opponent is enough to warrant non-suspension.

So Voracek accepts he's going to get hit with his head down. He puts himself in a vulnerable position. Which is one of the factors that the NHL considers when dealing with suspensions regarding an illegal check to the head. Obviously the vulnerability of the opponent is enough to warrant non-suspension.

Yeah I'm cool with the no suspension personally. What bothered me is that there was no call on the ice. Also, I think they've probably suspended guys for less which is somewhat annoying. If a Flyer did it I'd expect a suspension. We are after all the perennial goons of the league apparently....

Merguson

Banned
Lupul is out 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder. Devastating to the Leafs. Back on the tank bandwagon everyone!

Armstrong has a broken nose. Probably out for 3 years.[/sarcasm] (More like day-to-day actually)

Quick

Banned
Lupul is out 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder. Devastating to the Leafs. Back on the tank bandwagon everyone!

Armstrong has a broken nose. Probably out for 3 years.[/sarcasm] (More like day-to-day actually)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK

FC4L4.gif

Voracek's comments:

John Boruk ‏ @JohnBorukCSN Voracek: "that was a clean hit. Hits like that should stay in the game."
Tim Panaccio ‏ @tpanotchCSN Voracek uncertain of status for tomorrow. They r watching for concussion. Says hit was clean and his fault

Acid08

Banned
Ha, you were also railing on Vlasic for that Briere hit after he put himself in a weird vulnerable position. Sounds like your players are just making bad decisions.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Voracek's comments:

John Boruk ‏ @JohnBorukCSN Voracek: "that was a clean hit. Hits like that should stay in the game."
Tim Panaccio ‏ @tpanotchCSN Voracek uncertain of status for tomorrow. They r watching for concussion. Says hit was clean and his fault

Good boy.

Montresor

Are they calling up Kadri too?

I think that's impossible. You only get four call-ups from the AHL after the trade deadline. They've been used up on:

Gardiner
Frattin
Rosehill
Ashton

Gardiner and Frattin were sent to the Marlies for around one hour before the trade deadline and brought back up immediately after the deadline. This was so they would remain eligible for AHL playoffs.

FOOTE

Turco cleared waivers, no team took the chance to screw the B's
He would have been ineligible to play on any other team. For anyone else to claim him, would do so just to keep him from Boston.

He can play the rest of the regular season for the Bruins, but he is not eligible to play in the playoffs.

He would have been ineligible to play on any other team. For anyone else to claim him, would do so just to keep him from Boston.

He can play the rest of the regular season for the Bruins, but he is not eligible to play in the playoffs.
hence no one taking the chance to stick it to the B's

FOOTE

hence no one taking the chance to stick it to the B's
I'm exausted, I dont even remember how I read your post.

$600K is quite a lot to just throw away anyway. If another team picked him up, it would have been in Boston's favor I think. They should have called up their AHL starter.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Brad Thiessen in net tonight for the Pens.

I'm assuming he's taken over the back up job?

I guess, I don't know.

He's played exactly one NHL game, and it was against CBJ. I honestly couldn't tell if he was any good since our defense gave up maybe three good scoring chances the entire night.

We've had trouble against you guys this season (partly because we've had BJ in net most of the times we've faced you) so I think tonight is going to be a much bigger test of his skills. I really don't know how he'll do, I'm nervous though.

Voracek's comments:

Nice to see him admit it was his fault, very classy and not going on an all out rampage on why it was bad, etc.... I feel bad for the hit, but it was clean, players just need to keep their head up more.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
no chance with Jets, Caps trading places on 8th and 9th spot with potential Panthers falling back to 8th if Caps/Jets overtake the Panthers in South-East

The key I think for the Jets will be how they play on the road to end the season. They can and will beat anyone at home but on the road they are pretty terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom