• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, just got home...Garon got hurt last night? God dammit.

Guy Boucher didn't like the game (or the reffing) much at all last night

Ee06g.gif

SpacLock

I told you guys that the Kronwall hit was a clean hit. Look, they even have it under "hits of the year" on NHL.com already. All that whining for nothing, Curufinwe.

Kronwalled!!

Yeah that's what I read. Senators dominated us all year, though, so I didn't really expect that to change.

I felt like you could have won until Roloson had to step in. The guy's a mess.

You're probably better off playing with the net empty and play an extra skater than him in goal.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Jets fan signing in - not sure why I haven't clicked on this thread before, but I'm here now. Looking forward to the Jets getting some wins on the road, hopefully this latest homestand will give them the push they need to make it work on the road.

Jets fan signing in - not sure why I haven't clicked on this thread before, but I'm here now. Looking forward to the Jets getting some wins on the road, hopefully this latest homestand will give them the push they need to make it work on the road.

Welcome friend. Prepare to have your sack lathered.

Get used to that.... it comes with the territory.

Hmmm... looks like one of Manics' long-term last ditch alts.

I'm hoping the Jets make the playoffs. That would be awesome for their first year.

That said, tomorrow is probably bad news. Tampa Bay plays Washington, and the Jets are probably going to lose to the nucks.

Acid08

Banned
Such a drop off between the Pacific last season and this season.

I'm gonna go smash my head through some glass now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
if habs lose to oilers tomorrow = 29th in standings !!!!!!!!!!

omg plz habs don't win this game
Biggest tank game of the season! As long as we don't fall below the top 3 I'll be happy. Girgorenko and Galchenyuk are both suppose to be star centers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kind of off topic question here for Canada gaf.

How much would one get back in taxes from tuition? Full time student btw.

FT student in Canada here: nothing, tuition is a non-refundable tax credit, you can only use it to bring your owing taxes down to 0.

fallout

I'm hoping the Jets make the playoffs. That would be awesome for their first year.

That said, tomorrow is probably bad news. Tampa Bay plays Washington, and the Jets are probably going to lose to the nucks.
9 road games left out of 15. It they can somehow find a way to win on the road, then they've got a shot at it. I think with .500 on the road down this last stretch might even be enough (assuming stellar home games, of course).

Erdrick

I think I may have to cheer for Tampa tomorrow. The slight lesser of 2 evils. I've not watched any Canucks games this year, other than a bit of the Red Wings/Canucks one earlier in the year where Kronwall destroyed Kessler. If they are anything like I remember them from the playoffs/finals, physically, they will be pushovers. I think the Jets actually have a chance if they can keep the skilled players in check. Also, you never quite know which Luongo will show up...

But there is a reason why the Canucks are in the upper echelon in the league right now, and the Jets would do well to respect that and play accordingly in order to continue our playoff push.

I'm pretty hyped for the game though. This will be the perfect test to see how far we have come from our opening game debacle against the Habs.

My voice is only now starting to recover from Mondays Jets/Sabres game... I recorded some footage on my phone of the last few bits of the game, and damn, it's loud in there... If we can get into the playoffs... the roof is gonna blow off. Would be a perfect cap to such a nice inaugural season for the Jets 2.0. (2 more wins I think, and they will equal their total wins from all of last year, so not bad.)

ZeroGravity

I think I may have to cheer for Tampa tomorrow. The slight lesser of 2 evils.
You should. Garon's basically done for the season. Unless Dustin Tokarski's a miracle worker, we're finished. We might end up being a good spoiler for you though; we've got two games left against Washington, two against Toronto, and one against Buffalo.

Montresor

Anyone know what the direct link to TSN.ca's stream might be? I can't find any clickable links on the site... =/ I just see picture ads for the stream to tonight's Leafs-Pens game.

http://www.tsn.ca

edit: Heh of course I speak too soon. Literally right after I refresh and the ad is clickable.

Go Leafs!

Socreges

Banned
If they are anything like I remember them from the playoffs/finals, physically, they will be pushovers.
WE'VE GOT KASSIAN NOW

Really, calling the Canucks pushovers is pretty silly. The Bruins are the toughest team in the NHL and the Canucks were riddled with injuries. We've got enough toughness that the Jets wouldn't be able to exploit any 'soft' players.

Erdrick said:
Also, you never quite know which Luongo will show up...
Schneider is starting. And that Luongo narrative is kinda strange given how he's been one of the most consistent goalies this season.

Habs sign Patrick Holland for three year contract.
Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced Wednesday night the signing of forward Patrick Holland to a three-year contract (2012-13 to 2014-15). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

In 66 games with the WHL’s Tri-City Americans, Holland ranks sixth in the league and third on the Americans with 101 points (24 goals and 77 assists). He ranks first in the WHL in assists (77) and tied for second in the league in shorthanded assists (5). The 6’00’’ and 175 lbs right winger displays a +37 plus/minus differential and served 44 penalty minutes.

A native of Lethbridge, Alberta, Holland, 20, has recorded 199 points (62 goals and 137 assists) in 197 games since his junior debut with Tri-City in 2008-09. He was drafted by the Calgary Flames in the seventh round, 193rd overall at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Holland was acquired from the Flames last January 12 with Rene Bourque and a second round draft pick in 2013, in return for Michael Cammalleri, Karri Ramo and a fifth round draft pick in 2012.

BAM! See you guys at Stanley Cup 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom