• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

rellix

Now where's rellix so we can all hug.

Tokarski should be Tampa's future # 1.

hay.gif

rellix

I'm worried we'll make the playoffs and GMGM won't get fired.

Honestly, a GM can only do so much. Quiet at the deadline was a mistake considering he had a seller's attitude but no for sale sign up. The two players they should have moved have barely touched the ice in weeks.

That being said, everyone was picking the Caps before the season started because they looked great on paper. That's all a GM can do - make names look pretty on paper and hope for the best.

I don't think Hunter lasts, though. If picking him was a mistake, at least it was a short term mistake, and there weren't exactly strong candidates available at the time.

GO DUCKS!

Seems like he's been much better over the past several games. Or are the stats misleading?

He seems to have completely turned it around. Personally I'm expecting it to be a gigantic tease just to make the playoff implosion that much more depressing. If he plays this well and we get healthy I actually think we could beat any team in the league in a seven game series. Yes, this is ME endorsing this team. It's taken a lot, and I'm not totally convinced because the teams we've played recently have been bad/injured, but there's reason to be positive again.

t0mp

GO DUCKS!

Seems like he's been much better over the past several games. Or are the stats misleading?

he has really changed his game. it's definitely his mentality. after the past 5 or so games he's been thanking the boys and NOT talking about himself. I love it. He's playing a team player and the team is really playing well in front of him now. Everyone is feeding off the energy....or something like that

he has really changed his game. it's definitely his mentality. after the past 5 or so games he's been thanking the boys and NOT talking about himself. I love it. He's playing a team player and the team is really playing well in front of him now. Everyone is feeding off the energy....or something like that

I've heard theories that he's actually just recently reached his ideal playing weight and that has been significant.

Socreges

Banned
Wow Kesler fucking ripped that off the crossbar

Shots, shots, shots, shots, shots....

No idea if it's true. I think I've seen it somewhere else too, but I could be making that up. Seems reasonable I guess....
Definitely seems reasonable, although sometimes its just people inventing reasons for stuff that doesn't have an immediate explanation. Bryz did have a great 6-game stretch back in November. I think his funks are more mental than anything. Maybe he's in the zone for good now, though. He's always been capable, but being a headcase has its downsides.

FOOTE

:lol Backes missed the hat trick.

1st in the NHL, however temporary.

Edit- I guess they changed a goal or something, whatever. Big win, need to keep it going.

Definitely seems reasonable, although sometimes its just people inventing reasons for stuff that doesn't have an immediate explanation. Bryz did have a great 6-game stretch back in November. I think his funks are more mental than anything. Maybe he's in the zone for good now, though.

Difference was back then was he didn't look good. Now he does. Leighton had good stretches. Cechmanek had good stretches. They never looked good. This is a new experience. Feels good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
13 shots after 11 minutes? I
I hope they can keep this up and start scoring.

Socreges

Banned
Smiley, many of those shots were on the PP. So no, they won't keep it up.

At least eight teams have held 1st in the WC at some point this season, I think. St Louis, Van, Detroit, Minny, Dallas, Edmonton, Chicago, San Jose... any I've missed?

Socreges

Banned
Classic Kesler making an appearance tonight. He usually draws off his own awesomeness, so I'm expecting a good game from him.

FOOTE

Smiley, many of those shots were on the PP. So no, they won't keep it up.

At least eight teams have held 1st in the WC at some point this season, I think. St Louis, Van, Detroit, Minny, Dallas, Edmonton, Chicago, San Jose... any I've missed?

I think that's it. Been a crazy season as far as positioning goes.

RC

Banned
Classic Kesler making an appearance tonight. He usually draws off his own awesomeness, so I'm expecting a good game from him.

Sounded like his old self on the radio. Wish we were playing the Jets of old, the game would've been over with in the first five minutes.

Edit- I guess they changed a goal or something, whatever. Big win, need to keep it going.

Yeah big win. You totally needed those points.

I know as a Blues fan you've learned to react to every win as a big win, but this wasn't it. You just kicked a kid in crutches just as he was standing up to attempt scaling the flight of stairs he originally fell down.

Yes I'm salty, welcome back to the playoffs and to being a premier team, I wish good fortune upon you and yours.

FOOTE

Yeah big win. You totally needed those points.

I know as a Blues fan you've learned to react to every win as a big win, but this wasn't it. You just kicked a kid in crutches just as he was standing up to attempt scaling the stairs flight of stairs he originally fell down.

Yes I'm salty, welcome back to the playoffs and to being a premier team, I wish good fortune upon you and yours.

I don't want to play Nashville in the 1st round. So I think it's a big win in that regard.

By the way, in case you guys weren't aware. Patrick Burke is doing an AMA on Reddit about the You Can Play campaign.

You really should look at it. His answers are fantastic. He gives candid insight on his dad, the NHL scouting procedure, his life and most important the importance of acceptance within the NHL.

Thought Perry was going to get lucky at least one of the 10 times he was cherry picking this evening haha

Perry plays deep within the opposing end. He's not two way, nor is he a coy sniper who cherry picks and hangs at the blue *cough Kovy cough*. When the Baloos get a Hart/Richard winner then you might understand how this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom