• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

<3 GST line.

But man a goal there would have been nice. Oh man jets with a couple good shifts late. Maybe they aren't expecting Paves to get them through OT 0-0!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smiley, many of those shots were on the PP. So no, they won't keep it up.

At least eight teams have held 1st in the WC at some point this season, I think. St Louis, Van, Detroit, Minny, Dallas, Edmonton, Chicago, San Jose... any I've missed?

Ah dang, can't watch. Well, our PP getting shots is positive too, hasn't been the same lately, 10% in the last 20 games or something?

Erdrick

Domination. That's basically descriptive of the Canucks play versus the Jets so far for most of the period. Pavelec continues to show why he is our MVP. That PP of the Canucks... Frightening! Shot after shot after shot!

Great offence by the Jets near the end there. Had the period continued, perhaps we could have scored. Good road game thus far. Not made too many costly mistakes as of now.

I like the amount of Jets fans there, for sure though. Who was the old dude singing the anthem at the start of the game though...? He... wasn't very good. Is he the regular singer?

GST line needs more ice time!

RC

Banned
I like the amount of Jets fans there, for sure though. Who was the old dude singing the anthem at the start of the game though...? He... wasn't very good. Is he the regular singer?

GST line needs more ice time!
He's not our regular singer. That's Jim Burns. He's a pretty well known Jazz musician around these parts. Was also one of the stars of the Highlander TV series.

Socreges

Banned
Sounded like his old self on the radio. Wish we were playing the Jets of old, the game would've been over with in the first five minutes.
I'm gonna call you "Radio Boy" from now on.

Yeah big win. You totally needed those points.

I know as a Blues fan you've learned to react to every win as a big win, but this wasn't it. You just kicked a kid in crutches just as he was standing up to attempt scaling the stairs flight of stairs he originally fell down.

Yes I'm salty, welcome back to the playoffs and to being a premier team, I wish good fortune upon you and yours.
This is how I imagine your posts sometimes:

dvd-stand-up-comedians.jpg

"I'm not saying your post was stupid, but your mother wished she had an abortion so you would finally shut up."

tG6RK.jpg

"I'm just kidding! Hey, you're alright, kid."

I'm gonna call you "Radio Boy" from now on.

This is how I imagine your posts sometimes:

Rover_Dangerfield.jpg

"I'm not saying your post was stupid, but your mother wished she had an abortion so you would finally shut up."

No_respect.jpg

"I'm just kidding! Hey, you're alright, kid."

:lol

You're too close to the truth. Emotionally charged responses with a touch of 'hey don't take it personally'. I expect we're all a bit like that. But the Blues in particular are one team that I don't wish dire circumstances upon given their lacklustre performances of recent years. They haven't hurt any of my boys (some close calls this game though) so no real venom to spit at the team themselves, and even less their fanbase.

MacAttack

That Rodney Dangerfield comparison is great. I will never read one of Dastardlys posts the same way again.

Loved Rodney. Love Jerks. Its like an ice cream sundae of comedy goodness.

I have been agreeing with Socreges way too much recently. Definitely a full moon tonight.

PS for Soc- totally on point with the two line pass argument earlier.

RC

Banned
From the sounds of, reuniting the AMEX line was a great idea. (Gee, who'd of thunk it?) All sorts of presure.

Socreges

Banned
My girlfriend is at the game, sitting behind Schneider, and had sent me a text saying word-for-word: "I remember Wellwood.... I liked him haha". Immediately after receiving it, Wellwood scores. I'm not superstitious at all, but I'm willing to make an exception here. Too great a coincidence. That goal was entirely her fault. We're done.

PS for Soc- totally on point with the two line pass argument earlier.
That wasn't me, but I still agree it was on point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck kaberle fuck Gomez and fuck Edmonton for still being so goddamn shitty. At least Vancouver will tear us a new one

calder

I just hate that the Jets are hanging in here but I get the strong sensation the Canucks are playing at maybe 75%. Probably 60.

If you're going to smother us in the end don't tease me with a tie through two. :p

ukas

I just hate that the Jets are hanging in here but I get the strong sensation the Canucks are playing at maybe 75%. Probably 60.

If you're going to smother us in the end don't tease me with a tie through two. :p

It looks like they were starting to pour it on at the end of the second.

fallout

Kesler's reaction at the end of the 2nd was basically: "These fuckers are DONE when I come back next period."

The amount of shooutout points the devils have is fucking ridiculous. They have no shot of breaking 41 ROW (.500 hockey win %) and yet they're almost assured at least the 6 seed. Fuck the shootout.

Socreges

Banned

I haven't seen our second line play this well in ages. Sedins/Burrows have looked good, too. Pavelec and the posts have been the difference (I also think the Jets have had some favourable officiating, but that's more subjective). I don't think the Canucks are holding back much, if at all.

Kesler's reaction at the end of the 2nd was basically: "These fuckers are DONE when I come back next period."
Haha. I think he was just frustrated because he thought he was hooked. Don't know if he could play any better than he has tonight.

Erdrick

I hope the official gets an assist on Kesler's goal.

lol at the fans booing Byfuglien. I don't blame them, but it still makes me laugh being on the other side of it.

Surprised, but glad that Stuart did not get a penalty on the little skirmish. But you take a shot at our goalie, you pay the price.

Wheeler has been creating good chances, but on the one that he drew a penalty on... the first one, when he slid into the post, worried me. He seems ok though.

Wellwood is great. Screw the haters.

At this point, I'm just happy we are still in the game, but Jets fans all know how well we have done in the 3rd this year so... fingers crossed that we can get the 2 points.

calder

*looks at clock as period ends*

"meh, we'll hit the score-3-goals-in-5-minutes switch in the third I guess"

It's like playing the Flyers, you just know there's going to be a crooked number coming up, theyre just getting warmed up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Subban and patches such pimps. That being said fuck this game I've need been more disappointed with a win.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
38 shots so far, cheez. We REALLY don't want this to become a year-end slump, gotta love the effort after 2 regulation losses in a row. Now again guys!

EDIT: winnipeg with 27 hits?!? Good lord, compared to vancouver's 12...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom