• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Hawks are doing goaltending the white way.

ANyLJ.jpg

pringles

Wow. Looks like everything ive been saying all along has been right. I knew they would fuck this up. I knew it. Fuck it. I give up. I'm done with this heart breaking shit for the year. This team is 100% done. From lundqvist all the way down to the top 6 they look like shit. They'll lose on Sunday too. I hope they do to be honest. I hope they somehow miss the playoffs. They'll just get embarrased there anyway. Worthless, gutless, nothings. all of them.
Haha this must be the biggest overreaction I've seen from NHL-gaf. And that is saying A LOT.

Stet

Banned
I'm not fair weather. I'm just fucking tired of this shit. Every fucking year they melt down.

Melting down does not entail being four points ahead and in first place.

The Leafs started the season in first place. Then they struggled for 8th. Now they're five points out of last in the East. Don't you dare talk about meltdowns. We're the fucking masters of the meltdown. If they gave a prize for meltdowns, it'd be us. Every year. Nobody else would be able to touch us. The trophy would be called the Toronto Maple Leafs Memorial Melting Down Scumbag Trophy. There would be a parade down Yonge St. and all the Bay St. losers who've made it to the top and lost it all would turn out to throw their own fetid shit at the team, and they'd love it, they'd grab it out of the air and chew on it and rub it all over their faces as a huge blue and white banner would come crashing down over Nathan Philips Square and the banner would read "FUCK YOU LEAFS, WE LOVE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES". Kessel would be on the top of the float shaped like a giant dildo and he'd give himself a mustachio of poop and wave to all the fellow losers.

And I'd still be there. I'd be there. Smearing it all over the dude next to me and we'd hug and we'd bro-fist and we'd cry together because we finally got that parade of shit we so desperately deserve. And Manics would be fucking prom king.

That's a meltdown, my friend. Class dismissed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is pretty much the week that will determine if the Leafs can creep into the top 5 for the draft or make that push for 9 that we all love.

Flyers, Capitals, Panthers, Bolts, Sens are the next 5 games.

th3dude

Pens win 8 in a row. Definitely hot at the right time. Hope they can keep this streak rolling against the Bruins on Sunday.

Here's hoping.

Think we will see Sid?

Stars seem to be aligning for it. Big game, at home, national TV.

Guess we will see. He seemed pretty optimistic last night during his interview in the booth.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not saying you can't be upset by the loss, I mean that's not a great game to give up but you're talking to a guy who got to watch his team implode to the point of being on the edge of a playoff spot after leading the conference not long before.
Exactly. I can't imagine how much more hilarious Henrik's rants would be if he was a Blackhawks fan.

I never realized how much Turco and Emery looked like each other.

Here's hoping.

Think we will see Sid?

Stars seem to be aligning for it. Big game, at home, national TV.

Guess we will see. He seemed pretty optimistic last night during his interview in the booth.

Sort of doubt it, we're still playing incredible well without him. I'm sure if there's even the slightest amount of doubt we won't see him at all.

Cake Boss

Banned
Been listening to some sports radio and most of the talk have been about the Rangers, Pierre Mcguire and Mckenzie make a good point, they have been playing playoff hockey all season long under Tortz, and they might have hit a wall here. They don`t have a ton of skill up front aside from Gaborik and Richards (whos sucking this year) so they depend a lot of their hard work and hustle to win games, as well as Lundqvist. And right now when teams are raising their levels, the Rangers don`t have another step to go to.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Pens had limited ice time today at practice. I'm betting Crosby's return won't happen tomorrow since they haven't gotten much practice in.

The good news Letang seems to be progressing.

MacAttack

Melting down does not entail being four points ahead and in first place.

The Leafs started the season in first place. Then they struggled for 8th. Now they're five points out of last in the East. Don't you dare talk about meltdowns. We're the fucking masters of the meltdown. If they gave a prize for meltdowns, it'd be us. Every year. Nobody else would be able to touch us. The trophy would be called the Toronto Maple Leafs Memorial Melting Down Scumbag Trophy. There would be a parade down Yonge St. and all the Bay St. losers who've made it to the top and lost it all would turn out to throw their own fetid shit at the team, and they'd love it, they'd grab it out of the air and chew on it and rub it all over their faces as a huge blue and white banner would come crashing down over Nathan Philips Square and the banner would read "FUCK YOU LEAFS, WE LOVE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES". Kessel would be on the top of the float shaped like a giant dildo and he'd give himself a mustachio of poop and wave to all the fellow losers.

And I'd still be there. I'd be there. Smearing it all over the dude next to me and we'd hug and we'd bro-fist and we'd cry together because we finally got that parade of shit we so desperately deserve. And Manics would be fucking prom king.

That's a meltdown, my friend. Class dismissed.

I hope you took notes Henrik.

Two goal lead with the season on the line and they let up three unanswered goals.

/truculence

Razorskin

----- ------
I hope the caps hire Ron Wilson, but it's probably too late for the run & gun to work there when they gave up all their secondary scorers for grinders.

Socreges

Banned
More likely the rash of injuries are to blame for their recent mediocre play than a mythical locker room chemistry issue.
"Rash of injuries"? Who was injured in February besides Horton and Peverley (midway)? The multiple injury issue has only happened within the last week afaik.

I'm not fair weather. I'm just fucking tired of this shit. Every fucking year they melt down.

Yes, this has been a bad stretch - three crappy third periods in a row, and the defense has been ass (particularly in the Devils game), but come the fuck on.

You call losing more than two games in a row for the second time all season a "meltdown"? I don't even want to imagine what would happen if they had a Blackhawks/Penguins type of losing streak. Does NHL-Gaf have a suicide watch? Jesus, you sound like some of those overreactionaries on HFBoards. You want to talk meltdowns, go talk to the Leafs, Caps, Oilers or Wild. Those guys went from being top teams near the beginning/middle of the season to being either completely out of the playoff race or fighting tooth-and-nail for spots. I wonder what you were like at the 0-1-2 start to the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom