• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
"NHL execs from three different teams told me #CBJ are expected to trade their 1st round pick (likely 1st overall) at upcoming draft #yakupov"
Whoa.

Nash + Yakupov for a new team.

You know what would be great? If that's how the Caps decided to blow their team up. Welcome to Columbus Ovi!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Scott Howson has clearly learned from the master, Mike Milbury. He's going to destroy that franchise before he's gone.

horsebird

Banned
Hey guys, serious question: who's one of the best/most popular players on the Jets? I don't follow much hockey at all, but I want to know for a work-related endeavour. Thanks in advance.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Need a loss tonight, but Habs always seem to step up against good teams. Hopefully it's an entertaining loss and Markov doesn't die.

Socreges

Banned
Hey guys, serious question: who's one of the best/most popular players on the Jets? I don't follow much hockey at all, but I want to know for a work-related endeavour. Thanks in advance.
Kyle Wellwood.

Evander Kane, Blake Wheeler, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd

How come you need to know for work?

horsebird

Banned
Kyle Wellwood.

Evander Kane, Blake Wheeler, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd

How come you need to know for work?

Doing a presentation for a prospective client in Winnipeg next week. I'm not looking to shoot the shit or anything, I just wanted to use a popular name in part of my presentation as sort of an ice-breaker. Thanks.

Socreges

Banned
Doing a presentation for a prospective client in Winnipeg next week. I'm not looking to shoot the shit or anything, I just wanted to use a popular name in part of my presentation as sort of an ice-breaker. Thanks.
Ok DON'T use Kyle Wellwood, haha. He's fine and everything, but kind of a running joke here. I'd assumed you were going to a work party and wanted to fit in with the Jets fans. "So how about that Wellwood??" just made me smile.

I can't speak for Jets fans, but I think you're fine going with Wheeler, Kane, Ladd, or Byfuglien.

horsebird

Banned
Ok DON'T use Kyle Wellwood, haha. He's fine and everything, but kind of a running joke here. I'd assumed you were going to a work party and wanted to fit in with the Jets fans. "So how about that Wellwood??" just made me smile.

I can't speak for Jets fans, but I think you're fine going with Wheeler, Kane, Ladd, or Byfuglien.

Yeah, I googled Wellwood first. It wouldn't be such a bad thing to use Wellwood, either, if the mention of his name will invoke a chuckle or two.

Thanks again for your help.

Herewegoooo.

Hope this AHL callup does something!

... (could that be anymore of a generic want... seriously.. "hey yeah I hope this AHL callup just floats around for 2 minutes" is never said)

Socreges

Banned
Finally watching the Coach's Corner segment from last weekend where Cherry talks about Ontario-born players. Truthfully, it's not any more stupid than the stuff he says every week and barely scratches the surface of his self-aggrandizing prejudice. Maybe it got everyone's attention because it dealt directly with Burke and was several minutes long, I dunno.

Saskatchewan is the real marvel with their ratio of NHL players to population. Alberta, too. It'd be interesting to see how many of them are just 3rd/4th line players, though.

Quick

Banned
Finally watching the Coach's Corner segment from last weekend where Cherry talks about Ontario-born players. Truthfully, it's not any more stupid than the stuff he says every week and barely scratches the surface of his self-aggrandizing prejudice. Maybe it got everyone's attention because it dealt directly with Burke and was several minutes long, I dunno.

Yep, I'd definitely say that it was because Burke was on earlier in the broadcast that it became a bigger deal than it should've been. Plus, with all the commotion happening in Leafs Nation, it's just more fuel for the fire.

Media's beginning to spin Kessel vs. Carlyle. Watch for Cherry's "KESSEL IS AMERICAN, BURKE LOVES HIS AMERICAN BOYS!" rant soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom