• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
Thank goodness for Carlyle. That Leafs loss last night stung badly, because of the way it ended. It showed the entire hockey world the gulf in talent between the Leafs (Kessel) and the Flyers (Giroux). However, I am happy with culture on the ice... finally, good god finally the Leafs have manned up and started to employ the trap. They played a tight-checking defensive game, were very physical and chippy, and I loved it. Both goaltenders played really well. Bryzgalov looks so scary when he plays confidently like he did last night.

Anyhow, I just love how the Leafs actually looked decent defensively. One of my least liked Burke quotations is from when he was first hired, when he suggested the he has a duty to season ticket holders to build an entertaining team on the ice. That always rubbed me the wrong way. The Leafs have been mediocre for way too long to ever be allowed to parrot that kind of mantra. You have a duty to build a winning team at any means necessary. Enough with the run and gun!

This is when Zombie James blew his head off.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
QuQyl.png

HEY HEY

Cake Boss

Banned
Man so much talent on the Shorks for not to be in the top 8. I thought coming into the season this was most well balanced Shorks team that has been in a while, still the same great offense, much better D with Burns added, and proven goaltending.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Only 20 hours between games for the Bruins thanks to shitty daylight savings time. Brutal. Normally I'd give the edge to the road team in matinee games, but I don't know about this one.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
McQuaid hurt now? Should I even watch this shit?

vatstep

Letang needs to cut that hair, or at least let it get greasy or something. He looks like a woman.

vatstep

LOL, 5-on-3 with Chara in the box. Lovely.

vatstep

Thomas is just so, so old. Doesn't have another playoff run in him.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
AHAHAHA, Boston, you stupid motherfuckers. Play like shit, get mad and take penalties, dig yourself in even deeper.

vatstep

Turco should start the 2nd. This game is a lost cause, at least get the guy some ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom