• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
9 in a row feels pretty great. Hope they can keep it up.

Going to be tough with the next couple of games, mainly the Devils. The way the pens are playing, and with Sid on the cusp of returning, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the streak alive for a bit longer.

Going to be tough with the next couple of games, mainly the Devils. The way the pens are playing, and with Sid on the cusp of returning, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the streak alive for a bit longer.

Maybe, I'm not very confident about the devils game, especially with us being away. I can't remember the last time we won at the Rock against the Devils.

Alucard

Banned
The Devils and Flyers are the two teams I would feel a bit uncomfortable facing in the playoffs, especially with how Bryzgalov seems to be turning it around at just the right time. Regardless, I can confidently say that the Pens can beat any team in the East in a seven game series this season. I feel like the East is going to be theirs to lose. I'm not counting out the Rangers just yet, but they seem like they're falling off a bit in the final quarter.

3N16MA

Banned
? No we didn't last season. We have sucked when playing at the Rock. One game won in the last 3 or so years isn't "beating up" on anyone.

Edit: Since 2008 we've won two games at the Rock.

I'm talking about last season. You said you couldn't remember the last time the Pens won at NJ. It was October 11, 2011. The Pens were 4-1 vs NJ last season which explains the beating up part.

I'm talking about last season. You said you couldn't remember the last time the Pens won at NJ. It was October 11, 2011. The Pens were 4-1 vs NJ last season which explains the beating up part.

And it all started by me saying we suck at the Rock... Which we do, we're 2-11 there over the past 4 season. We have no problem winning easily against them at home but we're away this time and seeing how we play there I don't have much confidence in a win.

Alucard

Banned
Nice puck movement leading to the Kunitz goal.

Edit: I really hope they don't break up this line when Crosby returns.

Call me nuts, and I know it likely won't happen, but what do you think of putting Crosby on the third line centering Cooke and Jeffrey/Tangradi/Vitale/Kennedy?

Imagine Kunitz-Malkin-Neal starting the game, then putting on the surging Dupuis-Staal-Sullivan line, and then...BAM! CROSBY!

Yes? No? Will never happen? Is it even a good idea?

3N16MA

Banned
And it all started by me saying we suck at the Rock... Which we do, we're 2-11 there over the past 4 season. We have no problem winning easily against them at home but we're away this time and seeing how we play there I don't have much confidence in a win.

Not disputing that. I was just helping you out by giving you the time frame of the last win.

Montresor

Fucking Leafs, seriously this is getting sad.

I missed the first period. I see that it's just 1-0. That's nothing to freak out about.

Go Leafs... I love chippy, physical, defensive play. I hope they continue that and actually capitalize on some chances. Guys like Kessel and Kulemin were robbed a bunch (whether by Bryzgalov or their own ineptitude, i.e. fanning on pucks) last night

Montresor

Great time for a commercial break. Let's cut away to Coors Light commercials after what amounts to a disallowed goal without showing any replays.

Call me nuts, and I know it likely won't happen, but what do you think of putting Crosby on the third line centering Cooke and Jeffrey/Tangradi/Vitale/Kennedy?

Imagine Kunitz-Malkin-Neal starting the game, then putting on the surging Dupuis-Staal-Sullivan line, and then...BAM! CROSBY!

Yes? No? Will never happen? Is it even a good idea?

Haha, it's interesting but unless you roll them seamlessly I can't see anyone stomaching Crosby playing a 3rd line with less ice time. Especially with the production Crosby had before his injury last season and his goals the season before, I just can't see not having him #1 or #2. I mean he had 12 points already this season in only 8 games and that was after not playing for pretty much a full year. That's pretty good production. I also hate seeing staal being bumped since he's been playing extremely well. Oddly enough though, Crosby has played well last year or two when he's had a more physical line so if has guys like that I don't think it will be bad. Especially with Dupuis finding his hands lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Crosby trying the Malkin line later if they slump but they're just producing too much imo to even think about taking a single person off that line.

Not disputing that. I was just helping you out by giving you the time frame of the last win.

Gotcha, the second part of your post I thought you meant you thought we played better against them than we have. :/

Alucard

Banned
Haha, it's interesting but unless you roll them seamlessly I can't see anyone stomaching Crosby playing a 3rd line with less ice time. Especially with the production Crosby had before his injury last season and his goals the season before, I just can't see not having him #1 or #2. I mean he had 12 points already this season in only 8 games and that was after not playing for pretty much a full year. That's pretty good production. I also hate seeing staal being bumped since he's been playing extremely well. Oddly enough though, Crosby has played well last year or two when he's had a more physical line so if has guys like that I don't think it will be bad. Especially with Dupuis finding his hands lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Crosby trying the Malkin line later if they slump but they're just producing too much imo to even think about taking a single person off that line.

Gotcha, the second part of your post I thought you meant you thought we played better against them than we have. :/

Yeah, I was thinking of rolling the lines seamlessly, and giving Crosby extra ice time on the PP.

This Pens team is deep. I'm so excited to see what they can do with a full lineup.

MacAttack

It's because of injuries right? RIGHT?

Yeah because the Pens arent missing their best player plus their best dman and Niskannen.

Red Sox fan? They stink

Trolls out en masse today, eh? To be expected.

Horton
Peverley
McQuaid
Bergeron
Paille
Rask
Pouliot

And if you guys are going to count Crosby, I'm counting Savard.

How dare we talk about injuries?

Thomas was playing his sixth game in eight days. There is no way he should have started this game.

Yeah, I was thinking of rolling the lines seamlessly, and giving Crosby extra ice time on the PP.

This Pens team is deep. I'm so excited to see what they can do with a full lineup.

I just hope he stays healthy and then I'll complain about how difficult it is to make up the lines because of how stacked we are down the middle. :p

3 games into February we were in 5th or 6th and awaiting our first playoff series in years. Once again the Leafs are the leagues example of worst case scenarios. DAT TOP 5 PICK

Beez

Banned
So sad. My dad was laughing at me after that goal and told me I should have been outside enjoying the weather instead of wasting my time. He enjoys bugging me.

Guess I'll see you guys next season if the Leafs are winning. *shrugs*

So sad. My dad was laughing at me after that goal and told me I should have been outside enjoying the weather instead of wasting my time. He enjoys bugging me.

Seeing your avatar really makes me want you to be a manics/forza alt. :lol

Cake Boss

Banned

Another Forza alt?

Razorskin

----- ------

AKRqh.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Curious to see if Chicago will play better than they did the last game against L.A. I don't think it's possible for them to play worse so we'll see....

Edit: Brunette starting on a line with Kane and Hossa. Quenneville is fucking retarded.

If Carlyle says something stupid and idiotic like, "If we keep playing the way we're playing, the goals will come" I'm going to hate him more than Wilson. This is some pathetic hockey.

Cake Boss

Banned
Say what you say about Hanta Yo but at least under him they scored goals and made games entertaining to watch. Under Carlyle they don't score, boring to watch and still lose games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom