• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Give Turco the Vezina now!

Socreges

Banned
Just watching bits of the Canucks/Habs game right now since I was just catching parts of it without audio last night. Craig Simpson is always hard to listen to. For whatever reason tends to frame them in a negative light (mostly with penalty calls or supposed non-calls).

Luongo was not great. Dunno what's happened to him the last few games. Hopefully Schneider plays on Wednesday.

Trapping is all well and good, but it seems like they should've built a lead before they turtled.

Very true. At least we saw competent defensive play, not-awful goaltending, and but for a few unlucky bounces and the play of Bryzgalov we might have won. It makes me especially frustrated Burke gave Wilson so long to try and right the ship; had Carlyle come in earlier, we might have stolen a few more pity points and remained in the play-off race.

I'm not worried about Vancouver, they're coasting and ran into a Montreal team buoyed by the return of Markov.

Markov looked pretty solid at times out there. He's going to have such a important and positive impact on Subban, Emelin and Diaz. The only down side is that I can easily see the Habs playing themselves above the Leafs, Islanders, Canes and even Lightning, and thus out of a good draft spot.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I'm glad you enjoyed beating the Griffins last night. Though I was disappointed in you as I do not recall seeing preds80.jpg yesterday before the game. You should have your rights as a Nashville fan revoked for that one.

yea, i suck. i had to make up for it somehow

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Sauve out for the rest of the afternoon, Bergeron still not back. Rolling three lines now. :|

This is when Zombie James blew his head off.

I very nearly did. Last night's game was pure trash. How do you get a shutout but still manage to lose? Leafs found a way. I feel bad they even got a point for doing absolutely nothing all night. It was right up there with the Florida game one of the worst games I've seen all season.

vatstep

Neely ready to kill someone

Solo

Habs

:_(

I saw the highlights, Markie looked bad on that first goal (out of position), but great on the Subban goal (dat touch pass). Overall how was he? It was surreal for me just seeing no. 79 on the ice again.

vatstep

SHIT, Bergeron took one shift and is already back to the dressing room...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Missed all of the game minus Giroux's insane goal.

How in the hell did Toronto manage to hold Philly to zero goals? What sorcery was in use last night?

Also Solo not that I think it will happen but what will you do if the Habs end up with more points then the Leafs by the end of this season?

How in the hell did Toronto manage to hold Philly to zero goals? What sorcery was in use last night?

5bYov.gif

+ No effort. You literally missed nothing.

Solo

I will find a woman who looks like a dead ringer for Mrs Manics and smack her so hard that Mrs Manics herself feels it.

vatstep

FUCK THIS

FUCK THIS

FUCK THIS

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
5bYov.gif

+ No effort. You literally missed nothing.

Judging by this diagram seems the Leafs just iced the puck nonstop and focused hard on winning every faceoff. Crude but effective.

I will find a woman who looks like a dead ringer for Mrs Manics and smack her so hard that Mrs Manics herself feels it.

Ice cold.

I still would enjoy seeing the last game of the season having both teams with the exact same amount of points, winner goes on to draft greatness and loser falls to like #8 or something in the draft.

It'd be quite the odd time here in NHL-GAF.

Yikes, that could have been really bad. I think Boychuk turned to face the boards at the last second, when Malkin meant to push him shoulder-first. Hopefully Boychuk is okay, seems it.

vatstep

We are so done.

Bring on baseball season.

C Jones

Awesome win. Malkin line is clicking again and the Staal line remains solid. Flower continues to be Flower.

3 huge division games coming up against Rangers, Devs, Flyers.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
9 in a row.

3 point games for Neal and Malkin. Fleury continues to be beastly. We exceeded the Bruins physicality and smashed them around all game. Bring on the Rangers.

Turco is so slow.

He just bit way too early, leaving a wide open net for Dupuis to backhand it into.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What? He's talking about the Pens, who have 89 points now. The Rangers have 91.

Oh sorry, thought that was about Ottawa being 2 points behind Boston, like it has been brought up a few posts ago. Disregard what I said about the points.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's because of injuries right? RIGHT?
I saw the highlights, Markie looked bad on that first goal (out of position), but great on the Subban goal (dat touch pass). Overall how was he? It was surreal for me just seeing no. 79 on the ice again.
He was obviously real rusty defensively for the majority of the night, and picked it up near the end. Offensively he was great, a lot of great stretch passes with one lead to a partial break away for Patcioretty, and his PP work was great including his perfect touch pass to Subban for the one timer. Felt amazing to see them playing together finally. Ended up playing 17 mins and was +1 I think so overall a really successful night for him.

Solo

He was obviously real rusty defensively for the majority of the night, and picked it up near the end. Offensively he was great, a lot of great stretch passes with one lead to a partial break away for Patcioretty, and his PP work was great including his perfect touch pass to Subban for the one timer. Felt amazing to see them playing together finally. Ended up playing 17 mins and was +1 I think so overall a really successful night for him.

His trademark!

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Immensely stupid penalty by Malkin late, but you can't argue with a 75% faceoff win % against the best in the league. 3 helpers puts him back ahead of Stamkos for the Art Ross too... Fucking love it. If Crosby comes back for the Rangers game... mother fucking epic.

Cake Boss

Banned

Yeah because the Pens arent missing their best player plus their best dman and Niskannen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom