• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZj4t.jpg

Is that Gustavsson's shutout penis? :O

Montresor

Say what you say about Hanta Yo but at least under him they scored goals and made games entertaining to watch. Under Carlyle they don't score, boring to watch and still lose games.

The team is just bad, whether under Carlyle or Wilson. Both Wilson and the players were shitty at their jobs. This year is about wrapped up. Carlyle just has to properly assess all of his players' skills and weaknesses to prepare himself for next year. And Burke has TONS of work to do.

Under Carlyle, I see a coach trying to instill a culture of defense and grit. You're not going to see positive results right away (aka wins) with a team as poorly built as this. This mess is on Burke's shoulders IMO.

This is fucking unbelievable. The hawks are playing the Kings so i should be able to see the game on FS WEST, but cant for some reason. Probably because its on NBCSN so i try and switch to that channel but for some reason its not working today. WHAT the fuck is this!

Anyone else in cali with Charter who is sharing my problem?

MacAttack

Here are some comparisons to show you guys how you are blowing this Tim Thomas thing out of proportion.

Tim Thomas' record Feb. 1 - Mar. 11, 2010: 5-5-2
Tim Thomas' record Feb. 1 - Mar. 11, 2011: 8-9-0

Tim Thomas' Save % Feb. 1 - Mar. 11, 2010: .915
Tim Thomas' Save % Feb. 1 - Mar. 11, 2011: .898*

*Take away the two games on the back end of double headers he was forced to play in because of Rask's injury and his save % is .914.

And if thats not enough here's our beloved vatstep cashing in his chips last year at this time.

Ultimately I'm glad we lost that game. The Bruins are going to be eliminated in the first round, and I'd rather it be by the Rangers, so hopefully they can grab the sixth seed. The Habs would've beat us with or without the Pacioretty bullshit, but it'll be 10x worse with the "karma" and "revenge" storylines. It has nothing to do with karma, and everything to do with losing in the most horrific way possible — "it's called Bruins."

and again this year.

Thomas is just so, so old. Doesn't have another playoff run in him.

Enjoy this time Cake Boss, but ask yourself if you really want to face the Bruins in the first round. Especially if they can get healthy. At this time last year there were Vancouver fan(s?) here saying Thomas was an overrated system goalie and that Luongo deserved the Vezina.

But is the game even supposed to be on NBCSN? Now i cant even find it listed on their webpage but on NHL.com it is listed on nbcsn, otherwise its really strange that its not on FS West

Cake Boss

Banned
Enjoy this time Cake Boss, but ask yourself if you really want to face the Bruins in the first round. Especially if they can get healthy. At this time last year there were Vancouver fan(s?) here saying Thomas was an overrated system goalie and that Luongo deserved the Vezina.

I never said anything about Thomas, Bruins are the last team I want Ottawa to face in the 1st round but its looking like it is everyday. Thomas has owned us ever since his existence with the Bruins, even where we were at the top of the conference.

Sigh...why did Burke not do anything during the trade deadline...

:'(

The shopping list was too long and any player would have been massively over-priced. I'm not at all surprised the team has lost close games to Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Washington - if you'd shown me the schedule at the start of the season I would have pencilled these games as losses anyway. The real question is why, when the sink was taking hold in December and Carlyle had been replaced by Boudreau, Burke didn't axe Wilson then.

Burke's moves in the off-season will have to be something special if he wants to save his career in Toronto, and as a respected GM across the league. A competent centre, a goalie, and another goal scorer.

Merguson

Banned
The Habs are four points behind the Leafs. You may surpass the Leafs in points this season.

I'm sure Markov will lead the way to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom