• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
I hate to be that guy, but SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK. No team wastes more time on the PP standing around with the puck than Chicago.

Hey Phil, are the Leafs going to make a legitimate playoff push this year?

4CpIf.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Today I learned that the Leafs drafted Tlusty instead of Giroux.

20 other teams drafted someone else before Giroux, so that doesn't mean much... If you take away all the "good" picks, you still have at least 9 other teams that made a worse pick, from looking at who was selected...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
20 other teams drafted someone else before Giroux, so that doesn't mean much... If you take away all the "good" picks, you still have at least 9 other teams that made a worse pick, from looking at who was selected...

Beat me to it.

I hate that stupid in hindsight bullshit. "We could have taken so and so instead of the scrub we selected"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
From what the other threads have been speculating they're basically thinking of unstickying all the sports threads and moving them to communities.

Cactus

Banned
It is a bit of a fun game to play though. For example, in 2007 there were 128 picks before Jamie Benn, and 193 before Carl Gunnarson!

One of the few bright spots on the Leafs this season. Either JFJ's scouts were amazing judges of talent or they got really lucky. Outside of those who were picked in the first round, only two players drafted in 2007 have played more NHL games than Carl Gunnarsson.

MacAttack

@MacAttack:

You should start Turco and give Thomas some rest, what a save, just saw the video.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=163950

I missed that save live (it was a beauty) but I did see this goal. He gave Dupuis the entire side of the net and then flopped. Tough save to make with Dupuis flying in all alone but it didn't look good.

I agree the Bruins are going to need to give Thomas some rest and Turco might be the answer. I'd also like to see Khudobin get some starts when he gets healthy in case Rask isn't back for the playoffs.

I never said anything about Thomas,

I assumed you posted the stat you quoted since there was no linkback:
Since Tim Thomas skipped the White House visit the Bruins are 9-11-1, and his save percentage — which was .933 at the time — is .899.
ha
coupled with this a few posts before:
I am enjoying this.

And thats why I singled you out, if you were quoting someone else and I didn't realize it, then my bad. It does look like Ottawa and Boston have a good chance to meet in round one, see you in April. Ott/Bos on Apr. 5 could be a round one sneak preview and also determine home ice. :D

MacAttack

Same. Or instead of shoot outs, games are decided by a goalie fight

+1

3 on 3 would be better than shootouts even if it isn't a fair determination of who the better team is. I have to admit shootouts are a lot more fun when you have a goalie who is good at them and some talented forwards.

+1

3 on 3 would be better than shootouts even if it isn't a fair determination of who the better team is. I have to admit shootouts are a lot more fun when you have a goalie who is good at them and some talented forwards.

Or how about giving a regular time win 3 Points and if we get a tie the teams play a 5 minute overtime. If someone score they get 2 points. If no one scores they walk away with 1 point each. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom