• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Not the Blues' best game but it's safe to assume the game wouldn't have been that laughably close with 7 consecutive power plays in their favor.

Cake Boss

Banned
Every year it seems that he starts slow and everyone starts questioning him then at the end of the year he always ends up with 30 goals.

Iginla is a legend.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Blues had 22 shots at the end of the third and let the hawks dominate maybe they shouldn't have stopped skating

No one is giving the Blues credit for that performance, but barely making it to OT with 7 consecutive power plays isn't something I'd be proud of lol.

Revenant

No one is giving the Blues credit for that performance, but barely making it to OT with 7 consecutive power plays isn't something I'd be proud of lol.

Proud of? Who said that and Who cares.. 2 points for the hawks. Doesn't matter to me if the blues decided to take the night off and take dumb penalties.

Blues too some obvious penalties and blew that game. Thats all that matters.

My theory is the following: the players tuned Wilson out very late in this season, and they have had to learn completely new systems ~~65 games into the season. That's a recipe for a disaster. There is no short term boost from a new coach because the entire team is trying to transition from run-and-gun to a structured defensive system. This season is a complete write-off.

My theory: You can only out-score your opponents for so long. When the goals were drying up, the Leafs needed to see real form out of their goalies. Obviously, they're not capable. And obviously, our GM was too stupid to realize this in the last off-season.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Proud of? Who said that and Who cares.. 2 points for the hawks. Doesn't matter to me if the blues decided to take the night off and take dumb penalties.

Blues too some obvious penalties and blew that game. Thats all that matters.

I'm definitely getting tired of seeing Cole lose his temper and it caught up to us tonight.

A few of the others were laughable though, not sure that's debatable. Getting a penalty for being checked into the goalie doesn't fall into the dumb penalty category either.

fLaEH.png

zedge

FUCKING A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stajan.. haha.

Holy shit never seen Sutter look that happy.. lol

All this with half our forwards out of commission.. damn.

Marvie_3

Banned
My theory: You can only out-score your opponents for so long. When the goals were drying up, the Leafs needed to see real form out of their goalies. Obviously, they're not capable. And obviously, our GM was too stupid to realize this in the last off-season.

Sounds like Chicago.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks really needed that second point :/

Can't be too mad though they've been playing much better lately so I think the wins will come but time is seriously running out. All-Star Logan Couture hit 30 goals :)

Edit: COME ON DETROIT BEAT THE QUEENS

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sharks really needed that second point :/

Can't be too mad though they've been playing much better lately so I think the wins will come but time is seriously running out. All-Star Logan Couture hit 30 goals :)

Edit: COME ON DETROIT BEAT THE QUEENS

Yeah no that's just not happening.

Maybe a little pressure is exactly what the team needs. We'll have to win basically all of our remaining games to have a chance, but we went on a 9-0-1 tear earlier this year. Things are tighter right now but we can fucking do it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He had 28 and 29 before those 11 seasons too. Pure legend. Also noted how far Minny has fallen while checking out the standings and I'm ok with it.

You're a lousy excuse of a fan.

(am I doing it right?)

MacAttack

Good to see all that extra work Marty Turco put in after practice pay off.

Marty Turco plays baseball after practice.

Hopefully this game will motivate the team. Silver lining in this recent skid: First Round Draft Pick Jordan Caron has 8 pts in the last 6 games. That is more points than he scored in 23 games last season and he has more than double his production from the first 30 games this season.

So Bruins gaf what the fuck is happening with this team? I can't believe they are playing this poorly. They play like they don't even give a shit.

Tim Thomas didn't go to the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom