• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Because one gif is never enough...

d7c8891d.gif
Was that Gunnarsson? Can we blame Wilson on that one somehow? Maybe his legacy as a coach is at fault.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just widening my hockey horizons is all, maybe you and BWG can have another argument to distract us

Socreges

Banned
Just widening my hockey horizons is all, maybe you and BWG can have another argument to distract us
T'was sarcasm. Sharks and Habs fans getting into it is like a baboon wrestling a manatee.

And BWG and I don't have arguments anymore. They're just misunderstandings.

women_13.jpg

Red_Man

T'was sarcasm. Sharks and Habs fans getting into it is as rare as a baboon wrestling a manatee.

women_13.jpg
You calling me a manatee cause we're all mouth breathing lunatics? :(

Also that picture looks like a trap...

If Hab fans are mouth breathing lunatics what does that make Canuck fans?

Red_Man

No precisamente, abriboca.

I guess it's pretty common to live in Montreal, but not know much French. I just take it for granted that everyone knows both.
I don't live in Montreal or speak french, Habs fandom just runs in the family.

I went off to watch Total Recall, come back and you guys have some how thrown beaten women and Zoolander within a couple posts of each other.

Never change, NHL Gaf.

Red_Man

I'm watching NHL Live highlights and they've shown a 5 minute segment on Crosbys return 2 times between all the highlights. Unreal.

Also Barry Melrose is an idiot, "we all knew and hoped Crosby would be back but you never know with concussions"

Between the Zoolander and picture of Manic's wife, I don't understand what's going on here. But I just spent the last 2 hours scouring the Galaxy for every last bit of War Asset I could grab. Is multiplayer worth it to bring my fleet effectiveness up?

Between the Zoolander and picture of Manic's wife, I don't understand what's going on here. But I just spent the last 2 hours scouring the Galaxy for every last bit of War Asset I could grab. Is multiplayer worth it to bring my fleet effectiveness up?

I GOT SOME WAR ASSETS FOR YOU, SON

li-111005-nude-kesler.jpg

DON'T LET IT FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS.

T'was sarcasm. Sharks and Habs fans getting into it is like a baboon wrestling a manatee.

women_13.jpg

You're just another foot soldier on the war on women, Soc. SMH. ;)

In more important news: Bryzgalov has jumped to frontrunner status in the Vezina race. Sean Couturier will eat Gabriel Landeskog's children for breakfast and use their teeth to fill his front gap. And all is right with the world!

It's somewhat sad how much happier I am in the rest of my life when the Flyers are playing well. Here's hoping they can keep this up through finals! (at least....)

Solo

No surprise, but the Habs' nominee for the Masterson is Max Pacioretty. There is no way he doesn't beat the 29 other chumps from the other teams and win it.

Also, the home-and-home against Ottawa is a critical MUST-LOSE. The bottom of the standings is starting to become a goddamned log jam, and winning those two games would jump us from like 28th to 24th, which we cannot have happen.

yankeehater,

Still think so? ;)

That prediction is looking a lot worse now but yeah I still dont see a team that could beat the Bruins in a 7 game series. They are sleepwalking big time now but once the playoffs start I think they will flip the switch.

Great Flyers game last night. Their D was suffocating. I heard some stat about blocked shots for them being way up since they traded for Kubina and Grossman. It really is amazing how different the team looks now then it did just a few weeks ago. Hopefully they can make it through a few rounds and give us some exciting games in the playoffs.

No surprise, but the Habs' nominee for the Masterson is Max Pacioretty. There is no way he doesn't beat the 29 other chumps from the other teams and win it.

Also, the home-and-home against Ottawa is a critical MUST-LOSE. The bottom of the standings is starting to become a goddamned log jam, and winning those two games would jump us from like 28th to 24th, which we cannot have happen.

Habs nominee for the Masterton next year should be the whole goddamn team.

Every NHL GM should be shamed for not making an offer for Stamkos because they were afraid the Lightning might make an offer to one of their players some year.

One player does not a team make.

Just look at the lightning. Putting an offer in on Stamkos and potentially getting your entire cap math screwed the next year is nowhere near worth it. Cap management is by far the most important skill a GM can have nowadays. Putting an offer on Stamkos would have made it possible that a team could lose 2 or 3 important players just so they could get one. I completely understand why a lot of teams (like the Flyers) didn't. That said: Teams like Florida DEFINITELY should have. Not like Yzerman was gonna push them up against the cap...

Damnit not again! Everyone put your heads down!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let's see:

--0-fer on the power play

--Gave up a shorthanded goal

--Couldn't score on a 5-on-3

--Franzen picks up a garbage goal

Yep, sure seems like a Wings road game.

Just woke up from a power nap... Dammit, CrazedArabMan!!!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to LA in time to put on the skates and play because it's obvious the team doesn't know how to play hockey anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see:

--0-fer on the power play

--Gave up a shorthanded goal

--Couldn't score on a 5-on-3

--Franzen picks up a garbage goal

Yep, sure seems like a Wings road game.

This team isn't even worth watching right now at all, pretty much should just wait until the playoffs and the first round exit, so pathetic how we went from first in the league to possibly dropping to 5th in the west or lower here. Unbelievable, now we have a right to complain about our team.

Unrelated note: Wow, couldn't believe you could get banned for something like that, thought it was pretty funny too.

The moderation around here lately is getting laughable.

OMG, everything is so serious now!!

Okay. I had to comment. That solo ban was ridiculous. He made a joke thread. Wow, big deal.

Anyways, as brucewaynegretzky said it, the moderating around here is seriously getting to the point where it's simply laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom