• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Samyy

We definitely won't be holding on to 1st or 2nd, I would be amazed if that happened. 3rd-8th is kind of where I'm seeing us land over 82 games.

Edit: Assuming there are no meltdowns of course.

I think you guys could make the playoffs, especially looking at your division. The only team you have to really go up against for the third spot is Minny.

And then theres the NorthEast where, thanks to Tampa Bay's emergence, its looking like their might be 6 teams fighting for a playoff spot. :(

pringles

Well looks like Babcock is starting to figure out the top line (Z-D-Bert) and the 3rd (Abdelkader-Andersson-Tatar), only 2 lines to go now, but they seem unfixable until atleast Nyquist and Helm are in the lineup.

Decent win, could have been easier without that horrible 2nd period but whatever. Gotta make it 3 in a row tomorrow against the Oilers but there are no guarantees with this team.

Hunter S.

I think you guys could make the playoffs, especially looking at your division. The only team you have to really go up against for the third spot is Minny.

And then theres the NorthEast where, thanks to Tampa Bay's emergence, its looking like their might be 6 teams fighting for a playoff spot. :(

The avs beat every Eastern club they played except for that psuedo-East club Detroit.

Caps going from the Southeast to the Metro
t5KWDt8.gif

Parch

Colorado wasn't getting a lot of preseason prediction love, so making the playoffs would definitely be an accomplishment.

Those Flames got off to hot start too. Now they've fallen off the cliff as expected. There were plenty of preseason predictions that had the Flames and Avs in the same lottery boat.

Colorado wasn't getting a lot of preseason prediction love, so making the playoffs would definitely be an accomplishment.

Those Flames got off to hot start too. Now they've fallen off the cliff as expected. There were plenty of preseason predictions that had the Flames and Avs in the same lottery boat.

The difference is the Avs were a team rebuilding for a few years, always on the verge of 'being competitive'. This year may finally be the first year that happens for us. Flames are going through some crazy times and just seemed like they were making the best of it for awhile.

Acid08

Banned
The difference is the Avs were a team rebuilding for a few years, always on the verge of 'being competitive'. This year may finally be the first year that happens for us. Flames are going through some crazy times and just seemed like they were making the best of it for awhile.
Flames work hard but they have almost no players above a 3rd line skill threshold. That's not good enough to win against most teams in this league.

kingslunk

I'm done being salty for the night. GG avs. Hopefully the stars just continue to get better and sneak into 7th or 8th later in the year.

zedge

The Flames have not fallen off a cliff ffs.. Give me a break.

They are losing games by one goal against so called better teams. The only bad game they have had was vs the Sharks. We need a good starter goalie, would make a big difference.

One more before I actually go to bed.

There's apparently a rumor going around that Downie (who had a bad history with Varly before he joined the Avs) slept with Varly's girl, and Varly dropped her out on her ass for it. Would also shed some light on the Downie trade? Seems really stupid but hey, why not think about some stupid shit until we get some real shit.

I can't really imagine the type of person that would fuck Downie, shit would be like fucking a deaf cookie monster.

edit: Here's the second translation of the interview
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...nterview-given-by-semyon-varlamovs-girlfriend

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Getting cakebossed. Fuck the Leafs. Except Quick, us racists have to stick together.

Edit: goddamnit blarneystone why are you so awesome

Top Bottom