• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Marvie_3

Banned
ijhp82sfAaZQh.gif
ijhp82sfAaZQh.gif

RC

Banned
First console was an NES! Got Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel with it on Christmas morning. I have no idea why my parents picked those games since I didn't ask for them, guess it worked out in the end!

BTW, did anyone ever associate the kids that had a SNES as the good kids and those that had a Genesis were the bad kids? That's how it seemed growing up.

Nope. We just associated kids who had consoles with having money.

Getzlaf needs to come back ASAP. Everything works better with him in the lineup.

Good to see Steve Thomas out there as an assistant coach for Tampa. One of my favorite players. Clutch as anyone I've seen.

Erdrick

Yeah, it is crazy. I haven't really been blown away in a long time. Probably because I'm getting old. I remember being amazed by Virtua Fighter 2 in the arcade.

I can't think of the last game that really, really blew me away. The Mass Effect games? Uncharted 2? MGS1/2? Resident Evil 1/2/4? Hell, the last game that I really, really enjoyed was Sleeping Dogs and I usually am not a fan of open world games. I also didn't even play it until this past July. Definitely my favourite game of the past year, even if it's from 2012.

I think Super Mario Bros still had a huge impact that people born after do not realize. Before that, games were mostly static screens and levels from one room to another. SMB was the first it seemed to me, that had huge levels that felt like a living world. Then Nintendo did it again with 3d worlds with Mario 64. Sure, I think most of the other games on the N64 were utterly terrible, but Mario 64 was SO expansive for it's time. I would spend time just running and exploring each area.

Anyway... I see someone mentioned Ladd shouldn't make the Canadian Olympic Team? On what grounds? He's certainly worth looking at for the 3rd or 4th line. Better than some caveman like Phaneuf gooning it up on the blueline, that's for sure. I'm not insane and going to say he's more worthy in skill than Crosby or Stamkos (Damn, I hate seeing that injury.) but he's still worth a shot at the team. I hope Yzerman brings him on. He's been playing like he should this year, so far, continuing his fine play from last season.

Top Bottom