• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Samyy

Kadri and Kessel were both first time offences, and he didn't get a call about the second hit, just the Backstrom one.

yyzjohn

Banned
If he was a useless goon on Phoenix and did that he would have gotten 5+ games, 3 is going easy on him and I don't know how Shanahan can say it wasn't intentional. This kind of stuff will never stop if you only hand out 3 game suspicions. Also that's now 4 Leafs this year that have been suspended.

This too.

No history with Kadri so suspension is just right. If this was someone like Gionta you'd say he should get 0 games right?

yyzjohn

Banned
YOU'RE SHOWING YOUR BIAS! The murder part was an exaggeration but Kessel getting 3 PRE-SEASON games and Kadri get 3 is WAY too low.

I swear Babcock reads GAF and does this to spite you lol

Yes let's give all first time offenders 15 games *rolls eyes*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know why everyone is getting so huffy about the suspensions.

We all know the NHL has no fucking clue what it's doing with suspensions so there shouldn't be any shock either way.

At this point the only thing we can all ever agree on is if someone should get a suspension or not. Shanahan spins a wheel to decide the amount of games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No history with Kadri so suspension is just right. If this was someone like Gionta you'd say he should get 0 games right?
If Gionta ran a goalie as blatantly as Kadri and elbowed him in the head then yea I would be advocating for him to get a suspension, but Gionta isn't that kind of player.

yyzjohn

Banned
5 would have been fine.

For Kessel? Exactly who gets suspended for slashing someone in the skates?

5 games for Kadri is high given that some repeat offenders in the past have gotten less. There's no consistent rule that Shanahan applies but 3 games for a first timer seems fair.

I don't think the Kadri hit was intentional, but it was incredibly reckless and showed pretty much no awareness of what was going on around him. I think 5 games would've been more fair, 3 seems like a slap on the wrist on a play that included a pretty vicious head hit intentional or not. He was fully responsible for it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Dude just... stop. Please. You're embarrassing the other Leafs fans on this board and that in itself means quite a bit. Gionta's play is NOTHING like Kadri's. Was it reckless? maybe. Could he have done more to avoid hitting Reimer? maybe. Did he intentionally accelerate his elbow into the goalie without even the slightest attempt to avoid hitting him despite having ample time and space to do so, but instead TARGETTING the goalie? no, he did not. That's what Kadri did.

3 games for the hit is fair IMHO, that's the same number of games Tootoo got for running into Miller and Shaw got for running into Smith.

I'd argue that Kadri should get more given he ALSO delivered a headshot to another player in the game, but that hit was NOT part of this discussion, so 3 games for the hit is fine.

If he'd been a repeat offender, he'd have deserved more as well.

Red_Man

See?

Thanks for proving my point. Reckless play by Gionta, knew exactly what he was doing but he gets 0 and you're "OK" with that.
Are you serious?

First of all, Reimer is out of the blue paint when he's hit, Gionta is crossing the front of the net and hits him with his back while trying to get a screen. Kadri comes from the side with a straight on view of Backstrom, goes straight through the paint and elbows Backstrom right in the head. You're trying to telling me the hits are comparable? Really? Gionta even makes an effort to go around Reimer, give me a break.

yyzjohn

Banned
Dude just... stop. Please. You're embarrassing the other Leafs fans on this board and that in itself means quite a bit.

3 games for the hit is fair IMHO, that's the same number of games Tootoo got for running into Miller and Shaw got for running into Smith.

I'd argue that Kadri should get more given he ALSO delivered a headshot to another player in the game, but that hit was NOT part of this discussion, so 3 games for the hit is fine.

If he'd been a repeat offender, he'd have deserved more as well.

I already said 3 games was fair, others are trying to suggest he gets 5 or more. If its one of your own players he gets nothing! Don't call Leafs fans homers when you go defending your own players dirty hits (ala Red Man)

Red_Man

I already said 3 games was fair, others are trying to suggest he gets 5 or more. If its one of your own players he gets nothing! Don't call Leafs fans homers when you go defending your own players dirty hits (ala Red Man)
If Gionta did what Kadri did I would be happy with him getting 5 games, but what Gionta did wasn't dirty, and if you can't see that then you need to take off the blue and white glasses you have on.

yyzjohn

Banned
If Gionta did what Kadri did I would be happy with him getting 5 games, but what Gionta did wasn't dirty, and if you can't see that then you need to take off the blue and white glasses you have on.

Sure cause its Gionta, let's see if you'd be happy with a good player getting suspended like Galchenyuk or Eller.

Is this the part where we equivocate everything to restore balance to the force?

I like that part.

Red_Man

Sure cause its Gionta, let's see if you'd be happy with a good player getting suspended like Galchenyuk or Eller.
Did you read my explanation of the differences? I'd like to see which part of that you believe is false and why it's dirty. Obviously I wouldn't be happy if one of those guys got suspended, but if they pull a bitch move like Kadri did I would want them to be suspended. Eller had a dirty hit in a game a few weeks ago I thought he was going to be suspended for and would have been fine with. I even commented on it during the game.

hey gang gotta say this snes talk is damn correct but just wanna put it out there that maybe the gamecube was also p. good and not many people gave it the love it deserves???? just one fellas opinion ok bye

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
hey gang gotta say this snes talk is damn correct but just wanna put it out there that maybe the gamecube was also p. good and not many people gave it the love it deserves???? just one fellas opinion ok bye

I had a gamecube. I didn't have a PS2 or Xbox.

It was weird. But the gamecube controller was AWESOME.

PYs86.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably the only person in the world whose favourite console is the Wii(including the Virtual Console in this decision), although a case could be made for the N64.

I had to rely on my parents buying me video games before the Gamecube, and always had basically bargain bin stuff though.

gaming_noob

I replayed Goldeneye 64 the last 2 weeks and got all of the cheats unlocked. Beat Facility on 00 Agent in 1 min 48 seconds :)

Started Paper Mario 64 earlier this week; never finished past chapter 2 so I intend to complete it this time and so far I'm having a lot of fun. The game is timeless and I always forget I'm playing a game that was released 12 years ago.

Damn Crazed. PS2 is the greatest console ever made and you played like 5 games on it? Smh.

Sorry man, I loved my PS1 to death along with my Sega Genesis, I remember playing a lot of SOCOM SP on my PS2, oh and I almost forgot Tony Hawk's Underground. There are probably a ton of PS2 games I played but it has been so long that I can't remember most of them, just the ones I played a lot of. Then Xbox came out and that was pretty much it for my PS2.

Acid08

Banned
Gamecube was def awesome it was orange and had a handle on it like hell yeah motherfucker.

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

YOU KNOW, I WAS WATCHIN' THAT MINISODA GAME AGAINST THE LEAFS, AN' I SEE KADRI BARREL THROUGH AN' INJURE BACKSTROM AN' WENT FOR A HIT AGAINST ANOTHER PLAYER.

I BEEN HEARIN' THE REACTIONS EVERYWHERE, AN' I GOTTA SAY, IT MAKES ME SICK. KADRI IS A GOOD CANADIAN KID AN' A BEAUTIFUL BROWN ANGEL. YOU SEE HOW HE SKATED TOWARDS THE NET AN' CRASHED THERE ON BACKSTROM THEN LANDED? HE WAS JUST COPYIN' BOBBY ORR, GOD LOVE HIM. SO HE HIT BACKSTROM IN THE HEAD AN' INJURED HIM...HOCKEY PLAYERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TOUGH. BACKSTROM'S WEARIN' SOMETHIN' WORSE THAN A VISOR - HE'S WEARIN' A CAGE! WHAT A JOKE!

AN' THEN HE MADE ANOTHER HIT ON A PLAYER, WHICH DIDN'T LOOK DIRTY AT ALL. SO HE GOT HIT IN THE HEAD, TOO. KADRI WAS JUST FINISHIN' HIS CHECKS AN' MAKIN' SURE THAT PLAYER'S HEAD IS STILL IN THE GAME. ACCOUNTABILITY!

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU A STORY KIDS: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM WASHIN' MY HANDS, AN' I SAW KADRI IN A STALL. HE TOOK A DUMP AN' GAVE IT A CHECK AFTER TO MAKE SURE IT WAS A SOLID DUMP. HE HAD HIS DOOR OPEN BECAUSE HE AIN'T A SISSY. YOU KNOW WHO GIVES HIS DUMP A CHECK AFTER TAKIN' ONE? BOBBY ORR. I'D SEE BOBBY THROW ELBOWS IN THE TOILET ALL THE TIME. AIN'T ANYTHIN' DIRTY 'BOUT THAT.

NOW, YOU KADRI HATERS BETTER LEAVE THE KID ALONE, EH? HE'S A GOOD CANADIAN AN' A BEAUTIFUL BROWN ANGEL.

Top Bottom