• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Acid08

Banned
There was an Orange gamecube? wtf?

Mine was blue/purple-ish too.
412T89JKWGL._SY400_.jpg

Shit was so hot. It was an import but there were ways around that to play US games bruhbruh. Had a black US console too.

RC

Banned
Mine was the Genesis. First game I had for it was MK2. Played that game so fucking much and turned out great, violent video games help early childhood development.

I only got the Genesis because it's version of MK had blood in it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mine was the Genesis. First game I had for it was MK2. Played that game so fucking much and turned out great, violent video games help early childhood development.
49669-Roy-and-Moss-fist-bump-gif-lnxt.gif

Genesis was where it's at, wasted so much time on Sonic back in the day. Had a lot of stupid games like the Power Rangers fighter, The Phantom and other garbage like that.

RC

Banned
Like any good boy with a proper upbringing, my first console was the NES. Could never get as far in Dunk Hunt as my dad, or grandad though

First console was Sega Genesis, and the game that came with it was...

Altered_Beast_cover.jpg

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Also NHL 96 was my first hockey game. Still have the old Genesis and games in the closet. I loved the Genesis.

19 & 21, don't you have mid-terms to study for? If you are going to post you have no excuse not to watch the Avs. I watch the Avs when I study all the time, sure I end up getting little to know time in yet it's totally worth it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

YOU KNOW, I WAS WATCHIN' THAT MINISODA GAME AGAINST THE LEAFS, AN' I SEE KADRI BARREL THROUGH AN' INJURE BACKSTROM AN' WENT FOR A HIT AGAINST ANOTHER PLAYER.

I BEEN HEARIN' THE REACTIONS EVERYWHERE, AN' I GOTTA SAY, IT MAKES ME SICK. KADRI IS A GOOD CANADIAN KID AN' A BEAUTIFUL BROWN ANGEL. YOU SEE HOW HE SKATED TOWARDS THE NET AN' CRASHED THERE ON BACKSTROM THEN LANDED? HE WAS JUST COPYIN' BOBBY ORR, GOD LOVE HIM. SO HE HIT BACKSTROM IN THE HEAD AN' INJURED HIM...HOCKEY PLAYERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TOUGH. BACKSTROM'S WEARIN' SOMETHIN' WORSE THAN A VISOR - HE'S WEARIN' A CAGE! WHAT A JOKE!

AN' THEN HE MADE ANOTHER HIT ON A PLAYER, WHICH DIDN'T LOOK DIRTY AT ALL. SO HE GOT HIT IN THE HEAD, TOO. KADRI WAS JUST FINISHIN' HIS CHECKS AN' MAKIN' SURE THAT PLAYER'S HEAD IS STILL IN THE GAME. ACCOUNTABILITY!

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU A STORY KIDS: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM WASHIN' MY HANDS, AN' I SAW KADRI IN A STALL. HE TOOK A DUMP AN' GAVE IT A CHECK AFTER TO MAKE SURE IT WAS A SOLID DUMP. HE HAD HIS DOOR OPEN BECAUSE HE AIN'T A SISSY. YOU KNOW WHO GIVES HIS DUMP A CHECK AFTER TAKIN' ONE? BOBBY ORR. I'D SEE BOBBY THROW ELBOWS IN THE TOILET ALL THE TIME. AIN'T ANYTHIN' DIRTY 'BOUT THAT.

NOW, YOU KADRI HATERS BETTER LEAVE THE KID ALONE, EH? HE'S A GOOD CANADIAN AN' A BEAUTIFUL BROWN ANGEL.

Great stuff!

Erdrick

First console was a Colecovision. With Donkey Kong, of course. I was so in awe of actually being able to control what happened on-screen. It's pretty amazing to see how far games have come.

Might be going to the Jets/Flyers game tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a good one, as both teams are starting to heat up a little and ramp up their play.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
First console was a Colecovision. With Donkey Kong, of course. I was so in awe of actually being able to control what happened on-screen. It's pretty amazing to see how far games have come.

Might be going to the Jets/Flyers game tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a good one, as both teams are starting to heat up a little and ramp up their play.

Yeah, it is crazy. I haven't really been blown away in a long time. Probably because I'm getting old. I remember being amazed by Virtua Fighter 2 in the arcade.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
First console was an NES! Got Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel with it on Christmas morning. I have no idea why my parents picked those games since I didn't ask for them, guess it worked out in the end!

BTW, did anyone ever associate the kids that had a SNES as the good kids and those that had a Genesis were the bad kids? That's how it seemed growing up.

yyzjohn

Banned
Did you read my explanation of the differences? I'd like to see which part of that you believe is false and why it's dirty. Obviously I wouldn't be happy if one of those guys got suspended, but if they pull a bitch move like Kadri did I would want them to be suspended. Eller had a dirty hit in a game a few weeks ago I thought he was going to be suspended for and would have been fine with. I even commented on it during the game.

I apologize brother I checked back and you're right you were critical of Eller. I still think Kadri's 3 games was just right in this case.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
First console I owned was a Nintendo.

I did play my cousin's atari and Nintendo before I got my own.

First game I actually remember playing was Punch Out. I used to only be able to beat Glass Joe on the regular.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I apologize brother I checked back and you're right you were critical of Eller. I still think Kadri's 3 games was just right in this case.
It's not even this specific situation that angers me, it's the complete circus that is the NHL disciplinary group, they're never going to remove dirty plays and head shots with these few games handed out here and there. These guys are making millions, make them pay for it and make sure they seriously think about it next time. They need to be consistent in their punishment, and more severe. Not just Kadri, but all of them.

Top Bottom