• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

zroid

Banned
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

REIMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Keys to the game:

Let in the first shot on goal. We tend to win more when that happens.

Burrows needs to hit at least 2 posts, get 10 shots and still not score. That's just how it is.

Tons of powerplay opportunities for both teams, with nobody scoring.

Acid08

Banned
Jagr on playing against Hertl:

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks

A smiling Jagr on facing #SJSharks Hertl: "I’ve got to give him a challenge today, that’s for sure. I might get my first hit of the season."

Jagr agreed that he and Hertl have some similarities. Jagr also stands at six-foot-three, and was aided in his early years by playing on the same team as Mario Lemieux in Pittsburgh. For Hertl, linemate Joe Thornton can play the role that Mario played for Jagr.

“He’s playing a similar style. I like to play on the boards. I like to play in the corners. And, he’s got a lot of skill, and he’s shown it,” Jagr said.

“He’s playing with Joe, so he can learn a lot from him. I love Joe and the way he plays. If he had a chance to learn something, that’s the guy. Like I had Mario, he’s got Joe.”

Back in his home country, Hertl is already being hailed as the next Jagr. Jagr was asked how many times that has happened.

“Probably No. 3. That’s not bad through 25 years, but two didn’t make it [to the NHL],” Jagr said, still smiling.

“He’s got the potential to be a top guy. It’s up to him how he’s going to handle it.”

What about Hertl’s excitement to play against him in NHL competition?

“Well, he doesn’t know the hit is coming,” Jagr laughed.

Seriously can't believe that Old Man Jagr hasn't had a hit all season. What would Don Quick have to say about this soft European?

I assume mild salsa in australia is like their "small" crocodiles that are capable of eating a buick.

:lol

For all Australias posturing of being hard, we're pussies when it comes to hot food. Mild salsa really is mild as hell. But it's default, so they ask if you want hot instead.

We don't even have chipotle peppers readily available. I have to go to a special shop just to get tinned peppers for $10 a can.

Take out the lettuce and those sound like the best burrito stuffings ever.

Australia, cunt.

16.50 for a burrito?!?

Word to that. I'm halfway through it and the lettuce would really detract from it if it wasn't drenched in sauces.

Also this burrito is the size of two burritos. It's really big.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
IT BEGINS

Enjoy the next 2mins Hawks-GAF. Let us show you how a sucky powerplay actually looks like.

Love hearing about how far Getzlaf has come as a leader. That first year wearing the C was making everybody question it, but Bob must've seen the potential in him.

He's going around talking to all the young players in a firm but approachable way about battling for the puck on the PK, whereas in the first year he'd just scream and shout.

Always wanted him to work out. He's gonna be my favourite active Duck once Teemu retires.

Now Penner is hurt from a blocked shot.

Up 4-2 and they're dedicating their bodies instead of sitting on a lead.

Boudreaus taking notes from the Book Of Torts.

Top Bottom