• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Been really impressed with the Ducks' depth. All these injuries and the call ups have stepped in and done a great job. Rakell, Smith Pelley

All 4 lines working every shift

Giggzy

Boudreau is a good coach. I like Boudreau.

There's a guy I work with who calls himself a Ducks fan and he wants Boudreau out. He hates the swapping of lines citing that it builds no chemistry. I can't take anything he says seriously. He's the most fickle fan I've ever met, even during this season of excellence...

There's a guy I work with who calls himself a Ducks fan and he wants Boudreau out. He hates the swapping of lines citing that it builds no chemistry. I can't take anything he says seriously. He's the most fickle fan I've ever met, even during this season of excellence...

There can be a time where swapping lines too much is an issue. Carlyle did a lot of it in his final year here. But Boudreau does it the perfect amount, and his line swapping usually pays off very well. He knows his players. Especially since the lines he's been making with all these injuries are paying off. Maybe not streams of goals, but each player is working to each others advantages and helping with the weaknesses of the other. Look at the D pairings for instance.

Your colleague is a bit silly.

There's always someone like that. Ducks are soft. Need more fighters.

I complain about changing up lines too but all the wins shut me up. The benefit is everyone knows what they're supposed to do regardless of who they're playing with. For the most part players have pairs and a third interchangeable position I believe. Playing well? Get the prize of playing with Getz/Pears.

There can be a time where swapping lines too much is an issue. Carlyle did a lot of it in his final year here. But Boudreau does it the perfect amount, and his line swapping usually pays off very well. He knows his players. Especially since the lines he's been making with all these injuries are paying off. Maybe not streams of goals, but each player is working to each others advantages and helping with the weaknesses of the other. Look at the D pairings for instance.

Your colleague is a bit silly.

Yeah, Quenville did it a lot while he was here and Avs fans complained though I never had a problem with it as he did it when necessary.

Thankfully the Ducks will never have to face the problem with trading skill for toughness like Buffalo tried to do this offseason. Whenever we face physical adversity, everybody steps in... Sbisa/Allen/Beauchemin/Getzlaf/Beleskey all ranging from capable to superstar. Nobody is willing to let anyone get pushed around.

Acid08

Banned
loses
in a row!!!!!!

4 out of these past 5 loses have been in OT or a SO. At least they played well for the most part today and Wingels is a fucking beast.

jbdml4E2WFPdMC.JPG

Good god Bordie, you ugly sob

Thankfully the Ducks will never have to face the problem with trading skill for toughness like Buffalo tried to do this offseason. Whenever we face physical adversity, everybody steps in... Sbisa/Allen/Beauchemin/Getzlaf/Beleskey all ranging from capable to superstar. Nobody is willing to let anyone get pushed around.

Team toughness worked for Detroit. Don't need to waste a spot on an unskilled hockey player. They really do seem to all get along and stick up for one another.

These guys won't quack under pressure

These guys won't quack under pressure

OH COME ON NOW

But seriously, Corey Perry just said "this team feels like the 06-07 roster". If that isn't a jinx then I don't know what is. "No secret to success, just hard work". Yep, the sort of hard work that makes you still play hard against a team like Buffalo.

Scary to think we might be cup favourites this year though. Only 31 points so far but.

Also the flu is running through the Ducks locker room, which is why a lot of players are sick.

More like too smart brah.

Btw, did you guys see that post in that confession thread of some guy not wanting to post here because he thought we were too insular and would make fun of him for his ''limited'' hockey knowledge?

Hockey knowledge doesn't matter, as Tabris has shown, it's all down to attitude, as Tabris has shown.

OH COME ON NOW

But seriously, Corey Perry just said "this team feels like the 06-07 roster". If that isn't a jinx then I don't know what is. "No secret to success, just hard work". Yep, the sort of hard work that makes you still play hard against a team like Buffalo.

Scary to think we might be cup favourites this year though. Only 31 points so far but.

Also the flu is running through the Ducks locker room, which is why a lot of players are sick.

No. You can't have that title while we're only a few points back. :p

Giggzy

On an unrelated note, I'm heavily considering cancelling my PS4 pre-order. Looking at the launch lineup and there is absolutely nothing that grabs me that I can't play on PC. I think I'm just going to buy a 780 instead.

Acid08

Banned
Hahahaha I saw that. I didn't think it was a problem, Acid is there something you want to tell us?

I just need my big break....everything will be good after that.....

On an unrelated note, I'm heavily considering cancelling my PS4 pre-order. Looking at the launch lineup and there is absolutely nothing that grabs me that I can't play on PC. I think I'm just going to buy a 780 instead.

I decided to still get mine and then flip it for $$$$. That way I can get a Vita and have enough the help keep my gambling addict-*ahem* HOBBY satisfied.

I'd prefer to not be the favorites for the Cup. Way too early anyway. Haven't faced the division rivals much. Love that they work hard against the lesser teams and even when they don't look great still pull off wins.

calder

Well that was pretty fucking unexpected.

Not going to lie, when the Sharks scored on the PP in the third I was so enraged by our special teams I started watching The Wolverine and only saw the tying goal because my phone was going nuts as ppl on iMessage were freaking out about the penalties, especially the Wheeler one.

I'd prefer to not be the favorites for the Cup. Way too early anyway. Haven't faced the division rivals much. Love that they work hard against the lesser teams and even when they don't look great still pull off wins.

Exactly. Ducks play well when they don't have the spotlight on them. And being in Anaheim - they never will.

Considering doing the same thing. Actually preordered the Watch dogs bundle. But that got delayed. Looking at the Target B2G1 free ad and yeah, nothing terribly exciting that can't be played elsewhere. Needs an nhl game for me to consider it now.

Acid08

Banned
Well that was pretty fucking unexpected.

Not going to lie, when the Sharks scored on the PP in the third I was so enraged by our special teams I started watching The Wolverine and only saw the tying goal because my phone was going nuts as ppl on iMessage were freaking out about the penalties, especially the Wheeler one.

Once OT ended you guys won that game.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with the Sharks at this point. They're just so inconsistent even within a single period.

Exactly. Ducks play well when they don't have the spotlight on them. And being in Anaheim - they never will.

Even when LA won it all it wasn't a big deal here. Morning after I saw them report that the LA Kings won the Cup... Now let's talk about where Peyton Manning will go play. Literally not even a minute to talk about hockey.

Giggzy

I decided to still get mine and then flip it for $$$$. That way I can get a Vita and have enough the help keep my gambling addict-*ahem* HOBBY satisfied.

Is it looking like there will be a nice profit for flipping? If so, maybe I should do the same

So I figured out why I didn't have audio during the Avs game, my language was on Spanish. Thank you Spanish Hugh Jackman for making me realize.

Those stacks of PS4 units we've seen in pictures makes it seem like there will be plenty of supply. Would love to be wrong and flip mine too to feed my gambling hobby.

Good to hear that Justin Schultz is getting trashed on AM radio in Edmonton. Sucked in, traitor.

Even when LA won it all it wasn't a big deal here. Morning after I saw them report that the LA Kings won the Cup... Now let's talk about where Peyton Manning will go play. Literally not even a minute to talk about hockey.

Sounds about right.

It is official, I'm going to the Wings/Avs game in Smarch.

Expect good hockey, but don't expect the 90s.

Top Bottom