• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DD and Parros scratched tonight :)
0554_4usz4.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This Yakupov situation in Edmonton is such a clusterfuck and Larionov is only making it worse.

noooo colaiacovo is back in the nhl

i mean

suck it blues

No god why

xglyi.gif

Anyways, can't stand gaming side these days, bunch of man children crying over why a purchase I am going to make is wrong. Sure DR3 graphics look decent and the frame-rate is going to take a hit, but I just can't seem to care since it still looks like it plays fine and looks fun as all get out. Also had a friend who played it recently at an Xbox tour event and he said he had a blast with it. I'm going to enjoy the games I want to play, not let some forum user tell me I'm not supposed to enjoy something because of "reasons".

Am I happy with MS and what they have done recently with the PR spin and junk, Not at all, they really need to do a much better job with all of that. Do I wish the Xbox One was more powerful, of course, graphics can matter but not for everything. But at the end of the day, I feel plenty fine with my purchase the reasons why I chose it over something else, but apparently that is frowned upon in half of the threads on that side right now. /rant

Sorry, just reading that side these days can make your blood boil.

Everyone's losing their shit, as if launch games are a good judge of a consoles power. And as if Call of fucking Duty is a decent measuring stick for quality. I played that game for a couple hours and I came away with the following: the campaign is absolutely fucking terrible, the writing is atrocious and the multiplayer is still filled with people who play that game way too much.

I mean, Gaming side could collectively agree to stop making stupid threads about this shit until the next wave of games hit, at least, but we all know they'd rather be at each others little fanboy necks.

Heretic

Anyways, can't stand gaming side these days, bunch of man children crying over why a purchase I am going to make is wrong. Sure DR3 graphics look decent and the frame-rate is going to take a hit, but I just can't seem to care since it still looks like it plays fine and looks fun as all get out. Also had a friend who played it recently at an Xbox tour event and he said he had a blast with it. I'm going to enjoy the games I want to play, not let some forum user tell me I'm not supposed to enjoy something because of "reasons".

Am I happy with MS and what they have done recently with the PR spin and junk, Not at all, they really need to do a much better job with all of that. Do I wish the Xbox One was more powerful, of course, graphics can matter but not for everything. But at the end of the day, I feel plenty fine with my purchase the reasons why I chose it over something else, but apparently that is frowned upon in half of the threads on that side right now. /rant

Sorry, just reading that side these days can make your blood boil.

Everyone's losing their shit, as if launch games are a good judge of a consoles power. And as if Call of fucking Duty is a decent measuring stick for quality. I played that game for a couple hours and I came away with the following: the campaign is absolutely fucking terrible, the writing is atrocious and the multiplayer is still filled with people who play that game way too much.

I mean, Gaming side could collectively agree to stop making stupid threads about this shit until the next wave of games hit, at least, but we all know they'd rather be at each others little fanboy necks.

There's too much reasoning behind these two post. Not allowed here, guys. Nail on the head though.

They've both been boring for years :D

yeah... well... Halo shits on whatever your FPS of choice is!!!

I thought the single players was kind of dumb. Huge production values, low quality of design. Most of the new enemies were just reskinned old enemies, the writing was all over the place and expected you to know way too much about the universe to fully grasp what was going on. I've played every single Halo game through at least once and I had no fucking clue what was going on half the time. There was way too much "rule of three" throughout the whole thing, and by the end of the game the encounters were incredibly bland due to the incredibly limited enemy AI. If it wasn't really shiny and pretty most people probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Oh, and the end was just straight up corny and dumb.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the SP. Didn't play much MP. I thought Spartan Ops was fun, especially the second season stuff. Still think they did a decent job for there first game as a studio.

Quick

Banned

THIS

IS

DO OR DIE

Heretic

I thought the single players was kind of dumb. Huge production values, low quality of design. Most of the new enemies were just reskinned old enemies, the writing was all over the place and expected you to know way too much about the universe to fully grasp what was going on. I've played every single Halo game through at least once and I had no fucking clue what was going on half the time. There was way too much "rule of three" throughout the whole thing, and by the end of the game the encounters were incredibly bland due to the incredibly limited enemy AI. If it wasn't really shiny and pretty most people probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Oh, and the end was just straight up corny and dumb.

I agree with every one of your points. I consider it an ok Halo game but a way better game compared to what's out there. The ending game play was crap and up until a couple of months ago, I didn't know the full story. Heck, it's still a tad bit confusing. I didn't think about it the first time through because of how generic the story is on other games.

It's funny that I hold the story is such high regard because it IS a Halo game. If this was CoD, I wouldn't question why things were happening and just take the story at face value.

Stet

Banned

When a game is a 6.5, I'm not sure that extra 0.5 will save it.

Acid08

Banned
You going to sell yours? Supposedly there's going to be enough for everyone in the world to grab one.

If you make money off of it, remember that I believed in you!
Yeah, I'm going to try to sell it. Realized a couple weeks ago that the launch lineup is wholly unappealing and I can probably easily get one next year when there are games I actually want to play.

My other option is to just give it to my dad, he wants a Blu-Ray player/media center.

I liked the SP. Didn't play much MP. I thought Spartan Ops was fun, especially the second season stuff. Still think they did a decent job for there first game as a studio.

I think it's a pretty first game as a studio, I just feel like they need to do a bit more to define themselves as a studio in the next one, 4 just had a kind of "Bungie - lite" feel to me throughout, not necessarily a bad thing since Bungie is a really fucking good developer, but it still just felt like another "good one of those".

I agree with every one of your points. I consider it an ok Halo game but a way better game compared to what's out there. The ending game play was crap and up until a couple of months ago, I didn't know the full story. Heck, it's still a tad bit confusing. I didn't think about it the first time through because of how generic the story is on other games.

It's funny that I hold the story is such high regard because it IS a Halo game. If this was CoD, I wouldn't question why things were happening and just take the story at face value.

The "this game is exactly like the fucking last one" feeling is why I stopped playing CoD a few years ago and only got this one for free from the best buy deal. I already don't really care to finish it because I got about two hours in and that feeling hit me like a bus (only the writing is really, really bad and I swear Infinity Ward hid their spawn boxes a lot better in the past). My concern is that even with a new developer and new minds taking charge, Halo might end up that game that I hate that is "exactly like the last fucking one". I hope it does not.

TUSR

Banned
My dad apparently bought 2 PS4s... I was Skyping with him and he told me he wanted one a few weeks ago.

Merry Christmas me.

Heretic

I think it's a pretty first game as a studio, I just feel like they need to do a bit more to define themselves as a studio in the next one, 4 just had a kind of "Bungie - lite" feel to me throughout, not necessarily a bad thing since Bungie is a really fucking good developer, but it still just felt like another "good one of those".

The "this game is exactly like the fucking last one" feeling is why I stopped playing CoD a few years ago and only got this one for free from the best buy deal. I already don't really care to finish it because I got about two hours in and that feeling hit me like a bus (only the writing is really, really bad and I swear Infinity Ward hid their spawn boxes a lot better in the past). My concern is that even with a new developer and new minds taking charge, Halo might end up that game that I hate that is "exactly like the last fucking one". I hope it does not.

Bah... I hope it doesn't either.

Samyy

So fucking excited for it.

Also getting a Vita this week dude. Gonna get my hands on that sweet sweet P4G.

Enjoy man :D
When I got my Vita I started up P4G when i got into bed and then suddenly I check my watch and somehow its 5am. So damn good! And it looks beautiful on the screen, definitely a good idea to buy one before they replace the OLEDs.

ALSO 11-12 DAYS TILL P5 ANNOUNCEMENT

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy man :D
When I got my Vita I started up P4G when i got into bed and then suddenly I check my watch and somehow its 5am. So damn good! And it looks beautiful on the screen, definitely a good idea to buy one before they replace the OLEDs.

ALSO 11-12 DAYS TILL P5 ANNOUNCEMENT

Wish it was going to be on next-gen consoles, but it won't be.

Top Bottom