• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

zroid

Banned
S7qw0ni.png

the thirst is real

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Weise has twice as many primary assists on Patches goals than DD does. DD is fucking awful.

Red_Man

All those parking lot fights with his dad paying off

LlzYQhX.gif

I can't remember the last time the Habs won all the fights in a game against the Bruins.

Solo

Which game / who fought? The only guy I can think of would be Prust.

I can't recall the game, but it was similar to this one, where Montreal beat them up on the scoreboard and in fights. Maybe Tinordi and Prust? Can't recall aside from it did happen.

Samyy

I get depressed every time I see a Leafs fan/media guy say Kadri is expendable because of Hollands past few games.

Like srs guys.

Benched Lethonen in my fantasy team because the Kings were at home and scored 5 the night before. Started Niemi instead so it wasn't a total loss, but I'll miss that shutout.

Was watching game with Dad didn't really get to post but yeah. Beat the kings, yesterday was a good day.

IdealGranularBass.gif

Save of the year. Sup.

Look at Oleksiak just failing so hard.

If he didn't put it up it would've gone in. Great save regardless.

Twitter and Instagram if anyone is interested.

Courtesy of this article.

Oh for crying out loud.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I get depressed every time I see a Leafs fan/media guy say Kadri is expendable because of Hollands past few games.

Like srs guys.

Kadri for Tanner Glass. Dat energy.

Also, Kostka cleared waivers. I can't believe nobody else would take him...

Delryk

Like srs guys.

Still doesn't make Holland a 2nd centreman for me.. it just tells me not paying Bolland a ridiculous amount of money was an amazing choice cause Holland has been an amazing 3rd liner with PK skills.

You want expandable? Lupul. We should trade him while he's got value... :)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the music in Interstellar was fantastic as expected since it is Zimmer. Loved the movie, will not go into any threads about it though.

Red_Man

I don't even know how much you can get for Lupul at this point. It's pretty obvious he's made of glass, I don't see any teams giving up much for a guy who will never play a full season.

Samyy

I don't even know how much you can get for Lupul at this point. It's pretty obvious he's made of glass, I don't see any teams giving up much for a guy who will never play a full season.

Teams overpay for a lot worse at the trade deadline
But at this point you can't trade Lupul because then Carlyle condemns Kadri to playing with Winnik and Clarkson.

Red_Man

Teams overpay for a lot worse at the trade deadline
But at this point you can't trade Lupul because then Carlyle condemns Kadri to playing with Winnik and Clarkson.
This is true, but I think there will be better options by the deadline. Especially if a team is looking for a pick up for the playoffs, I'm not sure you would want to go for Lupul for such a heavy grind. They should have moved him last season.

zroid

Banned

Like srs guys.

When his sh% finally normalizes and he starts producing, I can't wait for all the pundits to declare his compete level going up in response to Holland

Samyy

Why would the Leafs trade Lupul?

If the cap isn't projected to increase, Leafs could have some cap issues resigning Kadri, Franson, Bernier and then filling out the roster.

Leafs will have 14.7mil to sign 6-7 guys.

Basically there are big decisions this offseason:

A) Totally see Bernier getting north of 4mil on a short-term deal if he steps up and steals the #1 spot. If they wan't him long-term then 5mil +.

B) I know Franson has been in the doghouse amongst Leaf fans but he's playing on the first pairing, highest point-producer, +6, best possession D-man on the team. I can totally see new management wanting to keep him if this keeps up, and he is a UFA, no more leverage. He is not getting paid less than Gardiner. I could see teams offering 4.5-5.5mil in FA, just based on all those crazy contracts last time around, but maybe theres less demand due to the cap.

C) Kadri isn't getting less than 3mil.

Red_Man

The fact that Gorges for Frason was a trade that was 90% close to being finished is hilarious.

Samyy

Mirtle was suggesting trading Phaneuf for cap relief... hmmmmm

Basically if you want to keep all of Bernier, Franson and Kadri then you have to move someone out.
Fransons playing as well as Phaneuf and putting up more points, will be interesting to see how this all plays out this season. First big decisions for Dubas/Shanahan to start shaping the team.

Red_Man

Eller leads the league in GWG right now. Still not good enough for the PP units.

I wish that trade would've gone through.
Likewise, I think he would have fit in well on the team. At the same time, there's not really much space for him, but I would have taken him over Gilbert.

zroid

Banned
Basically if you want to keep all of Bernier, Franson and Kadri then you have to move someone out.
Fransons playing as well as Phaneuf and putting up more points, will be interesting to see how this all plays out this season. First big decisions for Dubas/Shanahan to start shaping the team.

I would like it if they could resign Winnik or Santorelli too, but at what cost.

Even though Clarkson is looking like a competent NHL player this year, that contract is going to be a major problem.

edit: can you imagine if Florida hadn't outbid us on Bolland... dear god

So Bernier gets the Pens and Reimer gets the Sabres?

#1A

Well Bernier got to pad his stats against the Sabres last time, so it's only fair!

Samyy

I would like it if they could resign Winnik or Santorelli too, but at what cost.

Even though Clarkson is looking like a competent NHL player this year, that contract is going to be a major problem.

edit: can you imagine if Florida hadn't outbit us on Bolland... dear god

Well Bernier got to pad his stats against the Sabres last time, so it's only fair!

Winnik should be an easy resigning, Santorelli is probably gone.
Hopefully some rookies can move up next year :/

Top Bottom