• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Sanjuro

Mp7VvGa.png

sHp1pdD.png

Damn, MAF at now a 1.98 GAA and 4 SO. Can't tell if it's a product of the team playing in front of him or if he's stepped it up at noctch, but he's certainly getting it done right now. I have a feeling this is going to be his year.

He's played better ever since we changed goalie coaches last year and our defense has been solid this season. Playoffs will always be a question mark but he'll put up good numbers in the regular season.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib
Marc-Andre Fleury currently ranks first in shutouts (4), second in wins (11), 5th in save percentage (.930) and seventh in GAA (1.98).

Alucard

Banned
He's played better ever since we changed goalie coaches last year and our defense has been solid this season. Playoffs will always be a question mark but he'll put up good numbers in the regular season.

The less we talk about it, the better it is for Fleury. Just try not to put too much focus on it because that's when shit has a tendency of going downhill. But yeah, MAF's been having a surprisingly good year so far and the Pens have filled me with a hope and confidence I haven't felt since...I don't know when. still super early, though.

calder

I will say, Phaneufs post game presser was pretty damn funny. Watching him try to access his humanemotion:pride and humanemotion:Anger subroutines was almost adorable.

RC

Banned
I laughed out loud when I saw the score from the Leafs game.

loleafs doesn't quite cut it anymore after a performance like that.

calder

Insane tip. Hiller reacted really strange. Also Calgary looks like shit.

I'm installing Planescape: Torment. Goodbye hockey.

I know the Young Earthers here in NHLGAF don't like advanced stats, but on the last TSN Analytics show (easily my favorite hockey podcast now) they made the point that, ignoring goalies, the Oilers are much better than the Flames this year so far. It was a but surprising to me.

And I have a few classic CRPGs installed but I haven't had time to play them. I don't remember a thing about playing P:T but I know I played it, but I may replay the rerelease of Icewind Dale first. Too many awesome games out there even before they start putting out absolute classics on Steam.

ZeroGravity

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
There will be\are calls for Carlyle's job, but tonights 9-2 loss wasn't a coaching issue. Players own this one.

Unless something drastically changes this week, I don't see a firing in Toronto. MLSE brass would have to initiate such a move.

My guess is that the media guys will talk a lot about how this loss is all on the players (who have no leaderships/competes/yearns), how Carlyle is a great Stanley Cup winning coach (who is better than any potential replacement), and how the fans need to be patient while Nonis prepares Leafs Rebuild Version 0.99231a (he has only been GM since 2013 and needs another 3 years).

edit:

Heh, and it begins!

Top Bottom