• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

ghost77

Banned
My God Johnny with that speed in the open ice.

Our defense is so good it's crazy. Tj and gio play so well together and rarely get caught in a rush, yet are actively rushing themselves.

Just such a hardworking loveable team. Duck bros don't worry. Lindholm, vatman getzlaf perry. Theirs a reason I'm proud of these flames tonight because you guys are so good too.

I would love to see these flames in the playoffs, if only to get them some experience.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Tabris makes a lot of mistakes, no offense to you Tabris, but I take offense to that.

Obviously proclaiming division leader is not much of an accomplishment 19 games in, it was a joke but apparently I'm the new Tabris...

Calgary is not the division leader though, that's the joke.

Acid08

Banned
Oh well.

Anyway, game's done. Friends coming to pick me and my stuff up and lock me down for 24 hours.

Not sure if I can be able to post or not, so group hug for now incase I can't post for a month.

<3 NHL-GAF

Stay strong brother, kick this shit. Looking forward to when you can come back!

Heretic

Tabris makes a lot of mistakes, no offense to you Tabris, but I take offense to that.

Obviously proclaiming division leader is not much of an accomplishment 19 games in, it was a joke but apparently I'm the new Tabris...
HE STILL DOESN'T GET IT!!!

Ah fuck we gave up a loser point you're right! My buddy has been blowing this game up to me for the last two days about division lead, that still puts us in 2nd doesn't it. Oh well. TWO POINTS!

In my most recent post I've realized this.

Game was tense, I've been watching on my phone in bars so I'm fairly buzzed at this point, I'll blame that ;)

There we go. Congrats on the win!

Calamari41

41 > 38
In my most recent post I've realized this.

Game was tense, I've been watching on my phone in bars so I'm fairly buzzed at this point, I'll blame that ;)

Lol yeah you had posted while I was writing.

You've got a good team. I like it. More good teams in the West means less chance of the Kings getting a wild card slot.

Quick

Banned
Oh well.

Anyway, game's done. Friends coming to pick me and my stuff up and lock me down for 24 hours.

Not sure if I can be able to post or not, so group hug for now incase I can't post for a month.

<3 NHL-GAF

iD47ysB4TBswU.gif

Get better, Dastardly. We're all supporting you, but you already know that.

Yawnier

Banned
I think I have cracked the Shanaplan

Start the losing streak 50 games earlier than last year, that way the team has nothing to worry about for the rest of the season!

Wazaa!

Smash88

Banned
Good luck Dastardly Jerks!

Also I usually rag on the Leafs, but this is beyond messed up, I really hope you guys figure out what the fuck is going on, and firing Carlyle will not fix your problem.

Good luck Leafs-GAF you guys have it tough, but you didn't hear it from me. :)

Good luck Dastardly Jerks!

Also I usually rag on the Leafs, but this is beyond messed up, I really hope you guys figure out what the fuck is going on, and firing Carlyle will not fix your problem.

Good luck Leafs-GAF you guys have it tough, but you didn't hear it from me. :)

I wish more Leafs fans understood this.

zroid

Banned
No. The players aren't good enough. There isn't a coach in the world that's going to get them playing better long term.

Obviously. But the fact is until we have a coach that we know is good, instead of a coach that we know is bad, it's impossible to know exactly which other pieces of the puzzle need to be fixed.

There is zero reason to keep Carlyle, unless you're trying to tank, which is frankly not a bad idea.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Leafs' best chance is to work toward abolishing the salary cap. Isn't Toronto by far the most lucrative team in the league? I guess ownership would have to actually want to spend money, though, which I seem to recall is the problem in the first place?

Obviously. But the fact is until we have a coach that we know is good, instead of a coach that we know is bad, it's impossible to know exactly which other pieces of the puzzle need to be fixed.

There is zero reason to keep Carlyle, unless you're trying to tank, which is frankly not a bad idea.

You people are insane. Let's not fix the real issue because there's someone I don't like in the org.

zroid

Banned
There are a lot of "real issues". And Carlyle is one of them.

That's all I'll say on this matter for now.

The Leafs' best chance is to work toward abolishing the salary cap. Isn't Toronto by far the most lucrative team in the league? I guess ownership would have to actually want to spend money, though, which I seem to recall is the problem in the first place?

Not really, anymore. Cheapness was a problem in the 80s, iirc. In the 90s the Leafs were actually good, they just never made it all the way for various reasons. In the 00s the salary cap ruined them and the organization didn't learn how to operate in a cap era. The fact they were trading away 1sts even as recently as a few years ago shows that continued for a long while.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't get why Toronto management just doesn't tank, they are one of the only franchises where it would still sell out if they went 0-82. I understand a franchise like Ottawa not tanking because they don't have the fans to support it.

Top Bottom