• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Carolina claimed Nestrasil.

Freaking great move, Holland.

All to keep Cleary on the roster.

Quick

Banned
Holy smokes, Jack Johnson is bankrupt and his parents done him dirty

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/11/20/blind-sided.html

That's just dirty. It's even more infuriating that it was his parents who did it to him.

Holy shit. That's just terrible. How could you do that to your kid?

I'd imagine the idea of "paying back" for their sacrifices to help him get to the NHL was a big part of the discussion.

And his mom taking control of his finances would be a way to keep control of not just the money, but also him in general.

TUSR

Banned
Holy smokes, Jack Johnson is bankrupt and his parents done him dirty

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/11/20/blind-sided.html

This shit happens way too often.

Story Time:
My grandpa and grandma got the 'super bug' last year, and my skeezy aunt took over their finances. They're now down 300-400k and had to remortgage their house. Additionally, my uncle passed away (years ago) and my grandparents sold off his land in Vancouver and got roughly 900k for it, and thats gone too.

And what does my aunt have to show for it? Nada, its all gone.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This shit happens way too often.

Story Time:
My grandpa and grandma got the 'super bug' last year, and my skeezy aunt took over their finances. They're now down 300-400k and had to remortgage their house. Additionally, my uncle passed away (years ago) and my grandparents sold off his land in Vancouver and got roughly 900k for it, and thats gone too.

And what does my aunt have to show for it? Nada, its all gone.

:(

What is wrong with people?

Terrible. You always hear these stories about scammers and fraudsters, but the worst ones are those close to you. It's like that statistic that most assaults occur between people who know each other.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Looks like there's a decent chance I may be going to the Rangers @ Bolts game next week. That could be cool.

I have tix for the Canucks-Ducks game tonight, first game in like 2 years I'll be going too.

FOR DASTARDLY

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully it's a good game. I could easily see Price laying a shutout on STL tonight.
Blues tore us a new one last year, I'd consider it a victory if we only lose by 1 goal. At least Halak isn't in net this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have tix for the Canucks-Ducks game tonight, first game in like 2 years I'll be going too.

FOR DASTARDLY
If I do get to the game in Tampa next week I'll have been to home games for 20% of the league. Been to home games for Rangers (obviously), Devils, Bruins, Panthers (hey, somebody has to go), and Canucks (Pavel Bure's first NHL game, no lie) so far.

I'm still super bummed we already played our one and only game in Montreal this season. That's easily top of my list of arenas that I haven't been to yet.

Spl1nter

I will have the good fortune of being at the Leafs game Saturday. Going to be sitting in one of the platinum box seats. Its row 4 or 5 behind the leafs bench. I shall be the only person sitting there at the start of the period. Maybe I will make a sign.

Smiley90

I will have the good fortune of being at the Leafs game Saturday. Going to be sitting in one of the platinum box seats. Its row 4 or 5 behind the leafs bench. I shall be the only person sitting there at the start of the period. Maybe I will make a sign.

Just wear a jersey we'll distinguish you that way.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Blues tore us a new one last year, I'd consider it a victory if we only lose by 1 goal. At least Halak isn't in net this time.

Can't really tell you what to expect after that Boston game. We looked sloppy at times and dominant at others, out-shot them 2-1 and still got shut da fuck out. I think our game is starting to come together, but hasn't fully clicked yet. So I'd bet you guys win this evening.

zroid

Banned
B26Qoz4CQAAZW0J.png:large

If Edmonton and Calgary swapped goalies, Edmonton would probably be sitting pretty in a playoff position, and Calgary would be last in the Pacific.

Red_Man

Make a sign that says Dopeystats on it.

Can't really tell you what to expect after that Boston game. We looked sloppy at times and dominant at others, out-shot them 2-1 and still got shut da fuck out. I think our game is starting to come together, but hasn't fully clicked yet. So I'd bet you guys win this evening.
Blues are the perfect counter to this team, and Hitchcock can coach circles around Therrien. Only way Habs win is if Price steals it.

Good god, that Jack Johnson story really reinforces the already pretty dominant "trust no one" part of my personality. That's the type of shit that I have anxiety over like all the damn time.

Smiley90

Good god, that Jack Johnson story really reinforces the already pretty dominant "trust no one" part of my personality. That's the type of shit that I have anxiety over like all the damn time.

I started taking care of my own finances this year instead of just ignoring it and leaving it to the bank. I've made more this year in interest than in 10 years combined at the bank. Should've started this stuff way earlier. (I recommend the "how to invest for retirement thread" on gaf for questions)

When I make it big I am running my own money with help from my aunt that's worth like $20 mill.

Red_Man

I have a Nigerian Prince taking care of my money, he said I'll be able to retire in 5 years.

Calamari41

41 > 38
When I make it big I am running my own money with help from my aunt that's worth like $20 mill.

If you're going to get help from someone with finances, choose someone whose own net worth dwarfs yours.

Not necessarily because that means they know what they're doing, but because they are a lot less likely to look at your stash with envy and greed in their eyes.

Razorskin

----- ------
I started taking care of my own finances this year instead of just ignoring it and leaving it to the bank. I've made more this year in interest than in 10 years combined at the bank. Should've started this stuff way earlier. (I recommend the "how to invest for retirement thread" on gaf for questions)
Will you keep my money safe in your Swiss bank account Smelly?

If you're going to get help from someone with finances, choose someone whose own net worth dwarfs yours.

Not necessarily because that means they know what they're doing, but because they are a lot less likely to look at your stash with envy and greed in their eyes.

This is actually what my uncle did when he started making money. Well kind of.

Acid08

Banned
New top six lines today:

Hertl-Thornton-Marleau
Nieto-Couture-Pavelski

I like Marleau on Thornton's line, they have been sorely missing a speedy forechecker since Burns moved back to defense. Not super crazy about that middle line. Pavs needs to be our third line center, full stop. Sheppard is awful in his own zone and you really don't want a third line center to be defensively unreliable. He had a few good games there last season and now he's suddenly a permanent fixture in that spot. Shit sucks.

Apparently they're expecting three MORE feet of snow around Buffalo by the end of the night. On top of the 5-6 feet already on the ground. WTF.

God. Damn. That's too much snow for me to handle

Also, Moncton Drivers are terrible. It sucks living in this province. I nearly got side swiped twice today

Top Bottom