• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Ducks trade a guy I don't know anything about for a guy who I've heard of before. Woo hoo!

Bryan Allen was iffy his first year here but was extremely solid last year and since he's come back.

I actually don't know much about Borque. Enlighten me Habs GAF.

For Bryan Allen, he's a dependable stay at home big defenseman. Can't handle the puck too much but he can clear the crease. Also he ignored Cam Fowler as a partner his first year, it was weird to see Allen pretend he was the puck mover.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
90% of the time he floats around, doesn't hit, is poor defensively, and is a black hole offensively. The other 10% when he's on his game, he's an awesome power forward with a great shot, and is always an offensive threat. That 10% only shows up from April-June. You've been warned. Maybe he'll have a resurgence in Anaheim with no pressure on him, and playing with more skilled forwards.

Giggzy

I like this trade. I'll never forgive Bryan Allen for quitting on the play with 7 seconds to go last year in game 1 vs the Kings.

Red_Man

Bork did have a playoff hat trick last season, which I imagine someone made a lot of money off of a prop bet.

Heretic

Bryan Allen was iffy his first year here but was extremely solid last year and since he's come back.

For Bryan Allen, he's a dependable stay at home big defenseman. Can't handle the puck too much but he can clear the crease. Also he ignored Cam Fowler as a partner his first year, it was weird to see Allen pretend he was the puck mover.

Allen was a stud during the stars series. Sad to see him go.

I like this trade. I'll never forgive Bryan Allen for quitting on the play with 7 seconds to go last year in game 1 vs the Kings.

Forgot about this...

... Who's Will Acton?

vXCFnh1.gif

Giggzy

Oh god, he was responsible for that?

Bye, bitch!

Yep. If I remember correctly he made TWO epic mistakes in ten seconds. Didn't clear the puck and then didn't clear Gaborik out in front of the net.

I'm still salty and those ten seconds are burned into my brain.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bourque may be the dumbest player in the NHL, he doesn't know how to receive passes properly or hit the net with his shot. Sometimes though his base instincts will take over and he's a pretty good player when that happens.

If he has to think about what he's doing you're screwed.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bunch of fellow Ducks fans think he is part of a bigger package that will be happening soon.

I'm thinking something else has to happen with Montreal too, but the only expendable defenseman they have with any sort of trade value is Emelin, and that's only if a GM is certain he can return to his first season form.

Red_Man

Starting to think that one of Beaulieu / Tinordi will be out the door in a package for a legit top 6 forward between now and the deadline.

Heretic

Oh my god..

Roy...

We'll take MacKinnon, TVM.

Or Duchene!!! I'd love to have Duchene

*bites lip*

I'm thinking something else has to happen with Montreal too, but the only expendable defenseman they have with any sort of trade value is Emelin, and that's only if a GM is certain he can return to his first season form.

We will take AGally and you can have Etem and a mystery player

bourque!

Red_Man

LeBrun just said on TSN radio that this whole business with Jack Johnson's family has been going on for a long time and was a big part of why Carolina traded him way back. Wow.

Bergevin can't resist dat Desharnais + Bozak tandem
648.gif

Bourque may be the dumbest player in the NHL, he doesn't know how to receive passes properly or hit the net with his shot. Sometimes though his base instincts will take over and he's a pretty good player when that happens.

If he has to think about what he's doing you're screwed.

We used to have Sbisa.

Bork will be the new Sbisa.

Top Bottom