• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

manfestival

So there won't be a video tribute for St. Louis when he returns to Tampa next week, thank god. Franchise wants absolutely nothing to do with him anymore.

Good, I was listening to the radio and they were debating this topic but you just gotta let it go. These were not the best terms and they made their move and honestly got a great deal out of it. Fans needs to recognize that.

Merguson

Banned
Good, I was listening to the radio and they were debating this topic but you just gotta let it go. These were not the best terms and they made their move and honestly got a great deal out of it. Fans needs to recognize that.

the tribute will come like 10 years later

kingslunk

From what I've been reading Dillon is a legit top four LD, exactly what we need. Now this creates a hole on the right side but at least our top four seems to have solidified somewhat.

We won't have anyone to punch refs tho, we will miss you Demers

maxresdefault.jpg

Sounds like my type of guy.

Coincidence? I think not.

Socreges

Banned
Oh wow I was expecting my free GCL trial to expire at the end of December, but apparently because of my particular Rogers plan I might get to keep it for the whole season. Sweet, if true.
Hmm what's your plan? Wondering if I get the same.

GCL has been hugely disappointing, though. The PS3 app is awful and the streaming off the website on PC is very inconsistent. Strangely, my Android app has been the best, although it crashes on startup 1/3 of the time and is convinced that yesterday is today no matter what I do. Meanwhile the PS3 app thinks tomorrow is today.

So many fucking bugs

Maybe he should just keep his fucking mouth shut instead of speaking out on behalf of someone who was charged with FELONY domestic abuse. That is no bullshit charge, it takes some hard evidence for that charge to even be brought forth.
Samyy asked "why does Lombardi care" so Merguson's response was fair.

And I'm sure no one would disagree that Lombardi shouldn't have said what everyone would expect him to think

zroid

Banned
Hmm what's your plan? Wondering if I get the same.

GCL has been hugely disappointing, though. The PS3 app is awful and the streaming off the website on PC is very inconsistent. Strangely, my Android app has been the best, although it crashes on startup 1/3 of the time and is convinced that yesterday is today no matter what I do. Meanwhile the PS3 app thinks tomorrow is today.

So many fucking bugs

We have the "Share Everything" plan apparently, and I read this earlier:
Plus, Rogers wireless customers with a Share Everything plan get a FREE 2014-15 Season’s Pass subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ ($200 value) for the entire NHL season – score!

And yeah the PS3 app is a mess. I put up with it though. Also agree that the Android app is good, and fortunately I haven't been having any crashing problems. I wish the nhl.com streaming was better. I like the features on there but the actual thing doesn't always work.

Quick

Banned
I'm about to watch Interstellar. Maybe I'm here too early but the movie isn't even finished yet for the previous showing.

Also, fucking concessions. $30 for my food.

zroid

Banned
I'm about to watch Interstellar. Maybe I'm here too early but the movie isn't even finished yet for the previous showing.

Also, fucking concessions. $30 for my food.

probably going to see interstellar on tuesday myself. 4x SCENE points and $6 ticket = no-brainer :lol

Sanjuro

I really wanted to but it's just way too far for me. :(

IMAX tickets are expensive enough as it is without factoring in gas/transit costs nowadays.

Just wait for the cell phone version then you filthy poor!

I kind of need to drive a bit of distance to all the nicer theater in my area. The closest cinema to me is one that was built in the early 70s for a mall, and another which does not give a fuck about their projection.

Solo

"Floating". Patches is one of our best possession forwards and leads the team in points, goals and shots on net. I love how when he's not scoring, he's "floating". He's on pace for 40 goals playing with an AHLer. His two way game is fantastic, and he's our best overall forward on the team.

Strongly disagree. He's got like a Top 10 shot in the league, no denying that. But he floats a lot and plays far too much on the perimeter. He doesn't create offense. I don't see this two way game you speak of - when he's not scoring he's invisible. He's a good PKer, so I see the defensive game there, but not on 5 on 5. And that "AHLer" he plays with is one of seemingly only two guys he can play with (Weise). Don't go in for "advanced stats" so the possession means little to me. Plekanec is the best two way forward on the team as well as the best defensive forward, and AGally is the most talented offensive player.

And as far as the C goes, he has the charisma of a rock. dat monotone cliche-spouting Captain. I realize this all reads like I'm a Patches hater. I'm not - he's one of our best players and an important part of the team, but I find him to be a classic streaky scorer and certainly not a leader.

Acid08

Banned
Torres skated today for the first time since his knee rehab started. Good sign, still think he's probably not nearly close enough to return yet.

Also think that Matt Irwin's days here are numbered. With the trade we're suddenly good on LD and short one good RD. Hannan is going to be the 7th and Irwin just doesn't have a spot now, hopefully he's waived or traded. RD spot can be given to an AHL kid(preferably Fedun) while the left spot rotates between Mueller and Hannan(mostly Mueller hopefully). Unless they're planning to keep Mueller with Burns and use Dillon on the third pairing which would be kinda weird imo.

Well shit. My dad has to go through Chemo again. This time he's going to Stanford for a few weeks to try some experimental drug before he starts the treatment.

zroid

Banned
Well shit. My dad has to go through Chemo again. This time he's going to Stanford for a few weeks to try some experimental drug before he starts the treatment.

Aw man, good luck to him. Someone close to me was recently diagnosed with cancer as well. It's a bitch ain't it.

Top Bottom