• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

kingslunk

I thought you were an LA Kings fan.

url-17.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs beat writer saying that Beaulieu's name has been out there on the market. I would prefer him over Tinordi, but it looks like our window to contend is opening and if Beaulieu can help in a package to land a legit top 6 forward like Kane, I'd be down for it.

Socreges

Banned
What do you mean by "positive"? There's a difference between being optimistic and being realistic. I'm a Canucks fan: I hope they win every game, major award, and the Cup every season. But I also know there's little chance of that, and I'm not going to pretend. I know the core is aging, the scoring and defensive depth isn't there, and that their record is padded with 4 wins against Edmonton (which were all close games).
Yep.

Tabris never actually provides any meaningful discussion anyhow. I'm still not convinced the guy even actually watches hockey.

Acid08

Banned
Daddy :(

Demers always had the skillset to be really good but he never put it together consistently. He had a great season last year(though he played with Vlasic most of the time which is a great way to inflate your numbers) but this year he has been kind of a disaster, both defensively and offensively. Still sucks to see him go though, I know he was a super popular teammate.

I don't know much about Dillon.

ZeroGravity

So there won't be a video tribute for St. Louis when he returns to Tampa next week, thank god. Franchise wants absolutely nothing to do with him anymore.

Chris R

The Toronto video of the fans completing the anthem was great.

Really wish the tradition was to sing along instead of being silent and just clapping at the end. At least most NHL teams don't get crazy with their choice of singers like other sports can do...

kingslunk

Daddy :(

Demers always had the skillset to be really good but he never put it together consistently. He had a great season last year(though he played with Vlasic most of the time which is a great way to inflate your numbers) but this year he has been kind of a disaster, both defensively and offensively. Still sucks to see him go though, I know he was a super popular teammate.

I don't know much about Dillon.

He's left hand. Not as offensive as Demers. Big body. His biggest weakness is his offensive game especially letting picks miss his stick on the blue line.

He has big upside though. We needed a righty and Dillon was a lefty.

Acid08

Banned
He's left hand. Not as offensive as Demers. Big body. His biggest weakness is his offensive game especially letting picks miss his stick on the blue line.

He has big upside though. We needed a righty and Dillon was a lefty.

Yeah and we needed a lefty. How are his first passes out of the zone? We need someone who can make clean zone exits.

From what I've read it seems like Dillon is solid defensively so that's good. Demers hasn't been having much success with offense or defense this season.

kingslunk

Yeah and we needed a lefty. How are his first passes out of the zone? We need someone who can make clean zone exits.

From what I've read it seems like Dillon is solid defensively so that's good. Demers hasn't been having much success with offense or defense this season.

He's leaps and bounds better than Jordie. Never had a problem with him making clean exits.

Seems like a great trade for both teams. Fills needs for both teams.

Acid08

Banned
Whoa we retained 35% salary too. Makes sense I guess, Dillon is younger with more upside. Plus his salary is a lot less.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So there won't be a video tribute for St. Louis when he returns to Tampa next week, thank god. Franchise wants absolutely nothing to do with him anymore.

Meh, we clapped for your boys up here. Even the former captain who wasn't being a team player and forced the team to trade him.

Also, it looks like I will be going to that game after all. Gonna be a whooooole lotta driving from my family's place in Palm Beach County.

I might need to go buy a St. Louis jersey just for the occasion.

Rangers vs. Sabres has been rescheduled for February 20. The Sabres were supposed to play the Senators that night. That game has been moved to December 15.

Acid08

Banned
Couture is sad about this ahaha, DW keeps trading his best friends. Actually seems like most of the guys are sad about this :(

I bet Demers and Seguin will become friends very quickly.

Samyy

Why the hell does Lombardi care if Slava's career is ruined? If the evidence suggests he beats his wife and it is solid enough to hold up in court for a conviction to take place then fuck him.

Alucard

Banned
Man, really sad to hear about Gordie Howe's current condition. 86 years old, had a stroke, and can't walk or speak right now. :(

Not sure what's out there but Jason Demers traded to Dallas for Brendan Dillon. I believe Stars also get a pick from Sharks

Interesting. Did the Sharks feel they needed a big man? Dillon is 6'4". Meh, I guess they are just not happy with Demers.

Acid08

Banned
Interesting. Did the Sharks feel they needed a big man? Dillon is 6'4". Meh, I guess they are just not happy with Demers.

From what I've been reading Dillon is a legit top four LD, exactly what we need. Now this creates a hole on the right side but at least our top four seems to have solidified somewhat.

We won't have anyone to punch refs tho, we will miss you Demers

maxresdefault.jpg

Samyy

I don't care about the salute after a win, but the players are pretty stupid not to realize this would make headlines if they did it. Like honestly what's the big deal? Raise your sticks. They bring controversy onto themselves.

You know what, I bet they're having a good laugh at this, they knew this was going to happen.

Its nice to see the team uniting around something.

Mirtle continuing to confirm he's the best journalist in Toronto.

Elliot Friedman, but Mirtle is a close second.

Merguson

Banned
Why the hell does Lombardi care if Slava's career is ruined? If the evidence suggests he beats his wife and it is solid enough to hold up in court for a conviction to take place then fuck him.

Maybe it's because Lombardi might lose one of his young top 4 D for good.

zroid

Banned
Oh wow I was expecting my free GCL trial to expire at the end of December, but apparently because of my particular Rogers plan I might get to keep it for the whole season. Sweet, if true.

Samyy

Right but I feel like if your in his position you shouldn't be expressing concern for losing a young 4 D that might be a horrible shitty person.
At least don't say that stuff publicly, it just comes across as weird.

Acid08

Banned

Maybe he should just keep his fucking mouth shut instead of speaking out on behalf of someone who was charged with FELONY domestic abuse. That is no bullshit charge, it takes some hard evidence for that charge to even be brought forth.

ZeroGravity

Meh, we clapped for your boys up here. Even the former captain who wasn't being a team player and forced the team to trade him.
Callahan's departure was still more of a business decision. Trade him or lose him for nothing. Marty made it personal, and walked away from a much stronger legacy.

Merguson

Banned
Right but I feel like if your in his position you shouldn't be expressing concern for losing a young 4 D that might be a horrible shitty person.
At least don't say that stuff publicly, it just comes across as weird.

I do agree it seems kind of strange to say that kind of stuff. I was trying to look at it from a hockey perspective where you're trying to maintain a cup contender, and you lose a good piece for reasons unrelated to injury, or hockey in general.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is probably giving away too much private info but w/e

I'm in the news today because my boss got arrested

... woo?

Top Bottom