• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Socreges

Banned
Sucks because they got shortchanged on time after several of those whistles where they didn't stop the clock very quickly.
Welcome to hockey. The coaching staff has to appeal if they want to review when the clock should have been stopped.

But also consider that the Canucks wouldn't have been as complacent had there been more time. *shrug*

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wtf did I just watch

also goddamn Tarasenko

PlaintiveAcidicEel.gif

Welcome to hockey. The coaching staff has to appeal if they want to review when the clock should have been stopped.

But also consider that the Canucks wouldn't have been as complacent had there been more time. *shrug*
Yeah it happens.

I was surprised that they didn't ask to have more time put on the clock on some of those whistles. Especially the one around 30 seconds left. Bad coaching staff.

Quick

Banned

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, FOLKS, YOU KNOW, I TRY TO BE A GOOD CANADIAN. I DO IT FOR THE KIDS, EH. I WEAR MY TIE IN A CANADIAN WAY. I WEAR MY MAPLE LEAF-PATTERNED JACKET LIKE A REAL CANADIAN. I DRINK MY MOLSON LIKE A CANADIAN. I WRITE MY BOOKS WITH THE STYLISTIC INFLUENCE OF MARGARET ATWOOD AN' THE PASSION OF MACHIAVELLI, EH.

ANYHOW, WHAT'S THIS VIDEO WITH THIS HERE JAPANESE KID, EH? YOU KNOW, I GOT SICK TO MY STOMACH WATCHIN' THAT VIDEO. PURE DISGUST, LET ME TELL YOU. LOOK AT THE HOT-DOGGIN'! THE CAGE ON HIS FACE! THE HERT-A-WHIRLIN'! THE EUROPEEN INFLUENCE! BOY, THAT AIN'T RIGHT.

FOLKS, DON'T BE SHOWIN' THIS VIDEO TO YOUR KIDS, EH. IT'LL TEACH 'EM THAT HOT DOGGIN' IS OKAY AN' SO IS WEARIN' VISORS OR CAGES, EH. YOU GET 'EM WEARIN' A VISOR AN' HOT DOGGIN', AN' THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, THEY'RE DOIN' DRUGS AN' BURNIN' THE CANADIAN FLAG WHILE READIN' OUT THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, EH.

LET ME TELL YOU FOLKS OUT THERE WATCHIN' IN JAPAN, EH. THIS AIN'T GOOD HOCKEY. THIS AIN'T HOW GOOD CANADIAN KIDS PLAY HOCKEY. THAT'S HOW THE COMMIES DO IT, EH. AN' THE COMMIES ARE BAD, EH. I KNOW YOU FOLKS ARE ALL 'BOUT RESPECT AN' HONOUR AN' ALL THAT, SO DO YOURSELVES A GOOD SERVICE AN' PLAY THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY, EH. YOU CAN START BY GOIN' IN YOUR BATHROOMS, GOIN' INSIDE A STALL, LEAVIN' THE DOOR OPEN, AN' BE LIKE THE GOOD CANADIAN KIDS, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN A BUNCH OF EUROPEENS RAN INSIDE A STALL. THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE EUROPEENS ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO HOCKEY, EH. ANYHOW, THEY'RE IN THE BATHROOM STALL, COMPARIN' VISORS, PRAYIN' TO A PICTURE OF TOMAS HURT-TURTLES AN' JAROME JAGGER, AN' COMPARIN' NOTES ON HOW TO BE A BETTER COMMUNIST, EH. BOY, I WAS REAL STEAMED SEEIN' 'EM DISRESPECT BATHROOMS. ALL OF A SUDDEN, A BUNCH OF GOOD CANADIAN KIDS RAN INSIDE THE NEXT STALL, LEFT THE DOOR OPEN ('CAUSE THEY'RE GOOD CANADIAN KIDS), SHOOK HANDS, AN' STARTED SINGIN' THE NATIONAL ANTHEM WHILE REJECTIN' VISAS FROM WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES 'CAUSE OF EBOLA, EH. THOSE EUROPEENS WERE REAL EMBARRASSED, EH. THEY RAN OUT OF THE BATHROOM WITHOUT WASHIN' THEIR HANDS, AN' THEIR ECONOMY TANKED, EH.

BOY, I WAS REAL PROUD OF THOSE GOOD CANADIAN KIDS. YOU KNOW WHO THEY REMINDED ME OF? BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

Figures, all the east teams that needed to lose won (except for Toronto) and we'll probably suck some more tonight while Cleary scores another goal.

And to think this year actually started out looking good and all of a sudden we start massively sucking. :/

Still early in the year but doom and gloom, we suck, stupid Cleary, etc...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Boyle is skating in full contact gear at practice today. Tomas Kaberle paired with him on line rushes.

Lines at practice (and thus presumably the lines for tomorrow against the Maple Leafs):

Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-D.Moore-Stempniak
Glass-Hayes-Duclair

Staal-Klein
Allen-Girardi
Hunwick-Kostka

Samyy

Oh hey and what a shock, guess judging players on 4 minutes of ice time probably doesn't fully describe their ability (re: Panik/Holland).
Panik and Holland both had a great game:

Panik lead the team with an 81.25 FF%
Holland had about 57.7FF%

zroid

Banned
Hey at least Kessel is third in league scoring?

Wasn't he second in league scoring in around February last season?

dat collapse :^(

Oh hey and what a shock, guess judging players on 4 minutes of ice time probably doesn't fully describe their ability (re: Panik/Holland).
Panik and Holland both had a great game:

Panik lead the team with an 81.25 FF%
Holland had about 57.7FF%

Well Zero did warn us that Panik is really streaky. Hope he manages to stay above the curve this time.

I'm glad to hear that Winnik ended up being "100%" after that hit. He seems like a good guy, and I like the effort he puts in. It was scary seeing him lay there and be stretchered off.

I ended up seeing the first and third, because I couldn't sleep. I only saw a bit of the 2nd, though. They didn't play all that well, but had some moments. Bernier also looked like a deer in headlights in the shootout.

I don't think Bernier is the answer. We need to blow shit up, get a lot of draft picks and REBUILD!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm glad to hear that Winnik ended up being "100%" after that hit. He seems like a good guy, and I like the effort he puts in. It was scary seeing him lay there and be stretchered off.
Nobody is "100%" after being knocked out cold and taken away on the stretcher, Carlyle is an idiot for saying that.

Samyy

Wasn't he second in league scoring in around February last season?

dat collapse :^(

Well Zero did warn us that Panik is really streaky. Hope he manages to stay above the curve this time.

Well I'm sure playing 20+ mins a night wasn't helping, Kessel's ice-time has been limited the past few games which I think is a good thing.

And yea I guess it'll be interesting to see more of him, I thought he looked good on the top-six though, could probably move Winnik down to the fourth line, making it far more effective.

Also yes Randy "helmets cause concussion" Carlyle is a fucking idiot, don't listen to any bullshit he spews about players injuries. Concussion symptoms can manifest the day after. He should be monitored, I would have had him sent to the hospital for tests as well.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Beaulieu on the 2nd pairing, and Emelin skating with Weaver on the 3rd pairing in practice. Does management actually realize Emelin has been shit? Friedman said in his 30 thoughts that the Habs have been talking to teams about D men, hopefully they're trying to replace him.

Canadiens' Bournival out indefinitely with shoulder injury

:(
Terrible luck for the kid.

ShaneB

McDavid Cup tonight at The First Niagra Center.

I'll be sure to check out the mountain of highlights tonight! edit: ah, perhaps I misunderstood what you meant since I blanked out on the Sabres rink being the Niagra Center :p

Hoping for a fun game tonight vs the Blackhawks. Nice that'll be on Sportsnet as well so I can watch.

Top Bottom