• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
itshappening.gif

Event information

Los Angeles vs Canadiens - December 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Venue: Bell Centre
Montreal, QC
H3B 5E8
Your seats:
Section 301, Row BB, Seat 5

Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Anaheim Ducks
Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
Tue, Dec. 16, 2014 07:30 PM

Section 309, Row 13, Seat 17

The Habs ticket was more expensive than the Leafs ticket, oddly.

Samyy

Probably because no one wants to watch the Ducks right?
I mean what kind of Micky Mouse organization names their team The Ducks?

Samyy

I'm gonna show up with my Canucks Kesler jersey to a Leafs-Ducks game. How bad can it get? :lol

No one will say anything to you in Toronto, probably.
You might get a few weird looks is all.

What are you in Toronto for? Just tourist stuff?

Socreges

Banned
itshappening.gif

Event information

Los Angeles vs Canadiens - December 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Venue: Bell Centre
Montreal, QC
H3B 5E8
Your seats:
Section 301, Row BB, Seat 5

Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Anaheim Ducks
Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
Tue, Dec. 16, 2014 07:30 PM

Section 309, Row 13, Seat 17

The Habs ticket was more expensive than the Leafs ticket, oddly.
Cool man, enjoy

Still have never seen an NHL game outside of Vancouver. Gonna be travelling a lot for work pretty soon, though, so that should change

ShaneB

I'm gonna show up with my Canucks Kesler jersey to a Leafs-Ducks game. How bad can it get? :lol

When my brother took me to a Sens/Leafs game, he wore his Penguins jersey. You'll get some odd looks. :p

Bring a sign saying "I'm at the wrong game!"

Smiley90

No one will say anything to you in Toronto, probably.
You might get a few weird looks is all.

What are you in Toronto for? Just tourist stuff?

I have to go to Philadelphia for a conference early December and I've never been to Toronto&Montreal... so I figured while I'm at the East Coast I might as well drop by. And then I figured I have to go see some games while I'm there.

Smiley90

Man, go to New York, too. Unless you've already been there. And if you've got a night in Philly go to Monk's Cafe.

I've been to New York yeah, not the MSG though.

I've got 5 night's in Philly, soooooo I'll take any recommendation I can get for Philly/Montreal/Toronto! Otherwise yelp will be my guide lol.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks are 2nd in the league right now. Funny how this feels nothing like when they were actually among the best a few years ago. I guess this is what it's like to be a Leafs fan in December, seeing that solid record and promising playoff berth yet with that nagging anxiety that this success is fleeting, almost mocking. That everything will turn to shit eventually.

Smiley90

Canucks are 2nd in the league right now. Funny how this feels nothing like when they were actually among the best a few years ago. I guess this is what it's like to be a Leafs fan in December, seeing that solid record and promising playoff berth yet with that nagging anxiety that this success is fleeting, almost mocking. That everything will turn to shit eventually.

we're second in the league? you joking?

... wait, seriously?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
we're second in the league? you joking?

... wait, seriously?

Perspective.

The Canucks beat some good teams, but many of their wins were against the mighty Oilers and Flames (though surprisingly, the Flames are doing quite well). And before you bring it up, I was also talking about perspective when the Leafs were on their 3 win streak.

That SJS win was pretty good and Miller deserved it, but looking at the sharks...wtf is going on there???????

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Perspective: Avs are 1-0-0 in their last 1 games.

That one win was against the lowly Leafs~! D:

I've said this several times before, I expected a LOT from the Avs this and a lot of that was riding on MacKinnon cause he looked terrifyingly good out there last season. I know you said the team hasn't seemed to really gel, but minus Statsny, isn't this the same core? Hell, you guys added Iginla (my favourite player)! Yet you guys are only 1 win ahead of the Oilers.

It's arguably the strongest division (STL, CHI, NASH, even DAL though they aren't doing so well), but I'm still shocked they're not doing well even if analytics were calling for a regression.

That one win was against the lowly Leafs~! D:

I've said this several times before, I expected a LOT from the Avs this and a lot of that was riding on MacKinnon cause he looked terrifyingly good out there last season. I know you said the team hasn't seemed to really gel, but minus Statsny, isn't this the same core? Hell, you guys added Iginla (my favourite player)! Yet you guys are only 1 win ahead of the Oilers.

It's arguably the strongest division (STL, CHI, NASH, even DAL though they aren't doing so well), but I'm still shocked they're not doing well even if analytics were calling for a regression.

It's not that no one works together well, it's that a good number of our "core" have been playing like they expect success to come without ever working for it. Very spoiled by success last season, forgot how much hard work went into making that happen. That and also our defense is even worse this year. A serious argument could be made that we have the worst defensive lineup in the league.

Socreges

Banned
Perspective.

The Canucks beat some good teams, but many of their wins were against the mighty Oilers and Flames (though surprisingly, the Flames are doing quite well). And before you bring it up, I was also talking about perspective when the Leafs were on their 3 win streak.

That SJS win was pretty good and Miller deserved it, but looking at the sharks...wtf is going on there???????
Perspective.

.evitcepsreP

Ԁǝɹsdǝɔʇᴉʌǝ.

˙ʞɔns sʞɔnuɐɔ

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's not that no one works together well, it's that a good number of our "core" have been playing like they expect success to come without ever working for it. Very spoiled by success last season, forgot how much hard work went into making that happen. That and also our defense is even worse this year. A serious argument could be made that we have the worst defensive lineup in the league.
Thought Roy's temper would've whipped them all into shape.

Perspective.

.evitcepsreP

Ԁǝɹsdǝɔʇᴉʌǝ.

˙ʞɔns sʞɔnuɐɔ

4 of those wins are against Edmonton though you guys did beat the Sharks, Habs, and Blues.

Socreges

Banned

4 of those wins are against Edmonton though you guys did beat the Sharks, Habs, and Blues.
3 against Edmonton but I don't disagree. I actually don't think the opponents has much to do with it since Calgary and Edmonton have both been upsetting teams. It's just a tiny fucking sample.

That's really at the core of the problem, he's been calm, cool collected Roy up until last practice before we beat you guys. These guys need to be held more accountable than Roy has been doing to this point. It's been a lot of "we're going in the right direction" and "well if we had gotten that 3rd goal I believe it would've changed the game" but instead we gave up 5 unanswered goals, 4 of which were in the 3rd period. Basically it's been a lot of Tabris' approach of EVERYTHING IS AWESOME when everything is indeed horse shit.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just arrived at Heathrow, missed the game. How in the world did we lose to Arizona? Why would such a thing be allowed to happen? Are Getzlaf and Perry still sick?

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow playing the NHL 15 demo for the bone....uhhh...this is a good game.....a really good game.

Did they add OTP back yet. Want to pick it up now. The gameplay is great.

All the more reason to turn it around against Montreal who is probably playing even worse right now.

Plus they're retiring Lapointe's jersey, big let down incoming.

I honestly did not know that Lapointe was the head of scouting for the Wild until probably two or three days ago. He has worked in that position since the Wild became a franchise.

Kinda cool that Montreal is doing it tonight against the Wild for him.

Acid08

Banned
B18QKQPCYAACTKl.jpg

omg

Wow playing the NHL 15 demo for the bone....uhhh...this is a good game.....a really good game.

Did they add OTP back yet. Want to pick it up now. The gameplay is great.

Its a great game gameplay wise. I love that they didn't do that tilt the ice shit in the last 3 mins of the game. Like im actually comfortable pulling the goalie now.

And cycling. Wow I can actually cycle the puck in our zone.

Top Bottom