• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

railGUN

Banned
Canucks win? Lack gets in the W column? Now it's time to dance...

a8li8cm.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Btw, Chrono Trigger is great. Playing it for the first time and about 11.5 hours into it. Very satisfying battle system, well-defined characters, and fantastic pacing. It's on the easy side, as I haven't died yet, but it's a ton of fun and is very focused.

TUSR

Banned
Btw, Chrono Trigger is great. Playing it for the first time and about 11.5 hours into it. Very satisfying battle system, well-defined characters, and fantastic pacing. It's on the easy side, as I haven't died yet, but it's a ton of fun and is very focused.

yeah its easy to see why its regarded as one of the best RPGs of all time.

Acid08

Banned

yup, one of the all time greats. I'm playing this original DS game called Radiant Historia right now that's pretty reminiscent of Chrono Trigger, really enjoying it.

zroid

Banned

yup, one of the all time greats. I'm playing this original DS game called Radiant Historia right now that's pretty reminiscent of Chrono Trigger, really enjoying it.

I'm actually playing Xenoblade right now and getting those same vibes. It's just really well-made from top to bottom.

Alucard

Banned

That one's on my radar too. Looks pretty interesting, but I've got like 20 games to play before it, including old PS1 and PS2 stuff that I've left dormant for ages. (FFXII, Chrono Cross, Alundra, Dragon Quest VIII, and on and on)

Xenoblade is sitting next to my Wii too.

RC

Banned

One of the greatest games of all time.

It's sequel Chrono Cross, is worth a play too. Not nearly as focused with a lot of throw-a-way charecters, but still a lot of fun.

Impressive bounce-back game by the Canucks. They actually got better as the game went on, despite sitting the fourth line for most of it.

Lack was excellent. Good decision by Willie to put him in even though Miller probably wanted the start.

Hopefully the injured players come back soon.

Ursn

I dont know how to respond to this.
Welcome!

Check in with Dastardly
Thanks! Will do.
Ugh, shoot out. Loser point is cool I guess. No Fowler or Beauchemin and no Perry.
I went to the last two games and the loser point is the only thing that kept me from being completely angry after the games... :/
First in the west :lol :lol :lol

Yes Tabris, Anaheim are.

Welcome!

Tell us about yourself.
Ok, I have lurked GAF for years. Never posted or registered until recently because of a few threads including these NHL threads. I'm checking in for team Ducks, live in Anaheim and have always liked hockey/skating and the Ducks but didn't start following the games regularly until last year. I have a terrible memory and can't remember names or positions unless I really try although I'm getting better this season. I go to games whenever I am not working and can get cheap tickets cause it leaves me more money for beer so whoever is local lets go!
What are your opinions on Antoine Roussel?
That hit on alex stalock looked unnecessary, but didn't really look that hard. Its the sharks and stars though so I don't really have an opinion on him personally.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have a terrible memory and can't remember names or positions unless I really try although I'm getting better this season. I go to games whenever I am not working and can get cheap tickets cause it leaves me more money for beer so whoever is local lets go!
That's ok. The league didn't 'really' exist until 2004. D:

I dont know how to respond to this.

Thanks! Will do.

I went to the last two games and the loser point is the only thing that kept me from being completely angry after the games... :/

Ok, I have lurked GAF for years. Never posted or registered until recently because of a few threads including these NHL threads. I'm checking in for team Ducks, live in Anaheim and have always liked hockey/skating and the Ducks but didn't start following the games regularly until last year. I have a terrible memory and can't remember names or positions unless I really try although I'm getting better this season. I go to games whenever I am not working and can get cheap tickets cause it leaves me more money for beer so whoever is local lets go!

That hit on alex stalock looked unnecessary, but didn't really look that hard. Its the sharks and stars though so I don't really have an opinion on him personally.

The answer is Roussel is a dickhead.

Ursn

hey welcome Ursn

do you like anime?

Yes. Although I haven't watched any series since Samurai Champloo and only really got into Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Serial Experiments: Lain of the top off my head. I still watch random anime films and studio Ghibli films but late 90's to early 2000s is when I was most into anime. Is there anything recent you recommend?

The answer is Roussel is a dickhead.
lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes. Although I haven't watched any series since Samurai Champloo and only really got into Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Serial Experiments: Lain of the top of my head. I still watch random anime films and studio Ghibli films but late 90's to early 2000s is when I was most into anime. Is there anything recent you recommend?

do NOT get started on anime with TUSR pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

then watch Gurren Lagann & Attack on Titan.

Socreges

Banned
Still don't know what to think of this team. Scrape by a struggling Sharks team, get blown out by LA, and beat an injury-riddled Ducks squad. California road trip... inconclusive.

Still don't know what to think of this team. Scrape by a struggling Sharks team, get blown out by LA, and beat an injury-riddled Ducks squad. California road trip... inconclusive.

As a borderline playoff team this is going to be par for the course. Win some, lose some. Take away the three Edmonton wins and they're 8-5.

By the way, Vancouver GAF shouldn't feel pride in scraping by this currently diseased and injured Ducks squad.

A win is a win. 3 games in 4 nights on the road, with their backup, and missing a top line forward. They won't win a 7 game series against a healthy Ducks squad, but I'll take it.

Alucard

Banned
Yes. Although I haven't watched any series since Samurai Champloo and only really got into Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Serial Experiments: Lain of the top off my head. I still watch random anime films and studio Ghibli films but late 90's to early 2000s is when I was most into anime. Is there anything recent you recommend?

lol

Hey, what's up. We have almost exactly the same anime history. Just add Escaflowne to your list.

I think you would enjoy Haibane Renmei. Also made by the Lain people. It's about a bunch of kids in a weird purgatory-like space. And they grow angel wings. And have halos. And not everything is resolved by the end.

keezy

Can we get rid of the shootout yet?

I'm starting to enjoy the Sunday tradition of watching the Wings lose in a shootout. Two weeks in a row now.

Took a loss in this weeks fantasy matchup. My goalies didn't get a minimum of 4 starts... Basically gave the person 6 points off the bat. Starting to realize this league I'm in is way too big (12 people).

Top Bottom