• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

ZeroGravity

B2GolTHCEAI6dV9.jpg

kingslunk

But the thing is, is that a good player should be able to play at that level consistently without having to resort to dirty tactics.

Every team has a guy that plays their hardest every night. But not every team has a guy who goes around hitting the goalie for no reason and then following that up by hitting another player while being protected by a referee. There is a big difference there.

Yeah. Apparently he's known for being too emotional even before the game. There was an interview last year I think Dillon or Eakin basically said he has to be completely calmed down before the game because he's too hyper before every game.

Lindy needs to do what he did last year when it was becoming uncontrollable. Sit him a game and his attitude adjusted 100% after that.

Phil could've at least thrown her a bone there and smiled. Lol

And to my nemesis (you know who you are, and it's all in fun): Sorry, I am a bit boring. I lack creativity, and wish my posts were better. I'll try harder, though.

I'm in Munich all week (left this past Friday) for the Electronica trade show. I've been doing nothing but drinking Franziskaner and eating various hunks of pork. I will find out tomorrow morning if I still fit in my suit.

Always good to get expert advice on salt management strategies.

Have fun this week! Have a safe flight back
H5LE2z4.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Rousell is one of the few people on this team giving 110% day in and day out.

If he gets so emotionally invested in a regular season game he has to sucker punch someone I'm okay with that.

Much better than alex goalagainstme playing with no emotion.
iYyrFFgw9QU63.gif

A light dusting of snow here. I'm patiently waiting for a good amount so I can finally see how good my new car is in winter. I've been eying up that "x-mode" button for weeks now.

~6 inches so far in the Minneapolis area and it's not supposed to stop until tomorrow. It's always hilarious seeing how shitty people drive in winter even though they've lived here forever.

Foggy

Foggy have you been to Pecan Lodge or Franklins?

Not yet, although obviously Franklin's is on the bucket list. I'm in Houston so it's a drive to get to these places since bbq is slim pickings here. I'll have to take a day off from work to make a trip to Franklin's work. My next trip is either going to be to one of the other Lockhart/Luling places or Snow's. How does Pecan Lodge stack up?

kingslunk

Not yet, although obviously Franklin's is on the bucket list. I'm in Houston so it's a drive to get to these places since bbq is slim pickings here. I'll have to take a day off from work to make a trip to Franklin's work. My next trip is either going to be to one of the other Lockhart/Luling places or Snow's. How does Pecan Lodge stack up?

I only had a pork sandwich at Pecan Lodge (I went there after biking one day and didn't have my card on me only $20 in cash). It was really good. Most people say pecan lodge can be as good as Franklins but its not as consistent. Franklin's is good every time. I haven't been to Franklin's though. That's a bucket list item also.

Socreges

Banned
Already said I'm proud of the way they played. I'm glad to be scraping together some loser points during this stretch. I just, again, found it amusing. I save my salt for the Sharks and Kings, not Vancouver.
The point may have been lost on you. I was exaggerating your reaction, as you were exaggerating ours. 'yay we won' is a perfectly appropriate response in a hockey discussion forum on the Internet, as much as you want to convince us that it barely counts because injuries.

RC maybe went too far with "sorta glad", I'd agree.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers expected to make some moves at 5 (can't earlier because reasons). According to Brooks, Ryan Malone and one of the defensive scrubs are going down to Hartford with a forward coming back.

I would guess it's either Chris Mueller or Oscar Lindberg.

Giggzy

Would you folks accept weed off craigslist?

I'm trying to sell my MacBook Pro, and a guy texted me about it. Talking for a bit about why I'm selling it, warranty, etc.. He then says he only has a budget of $100 less than what I'm asking. I tell him I'll think about it for a few hours and get back to him. He says if I smoke (I do), he'll throw in an ounce to make up for it.

An ounce is a lot of damn weed. The stoner inside me says hell yes. Is this way too risky though? Shall I deny it?

Ursn

^^^lol what the hell

I'm trying to sell my MacBook Pro, and a guy texted me about it. Talking for a bit about why I'm selling it, warranty, etc.. He then says he only has a budget of $100 less than what I'm asking. I tell him I'll think about it for a few hours and get back to him. He says if I smoke (I do), he'll throw in an ounce to make up for it.

An ounce is a lot of damn weed. The stoner inside me says hell yes. Is this way too risky though? Shall I deny it?
That sounds like it's too good to be true unless it's dirt weed.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The point may have been lost on you. I was exaggerating your reaction, as you were exaggerating ours. 'yay we won' is a perfectly appropriate response in a hockey discussion forum on the Internet, as much as you want to convince us that it barely counts because injuries.

RC maybe went too far with "sorta glad", I'd agree.

Is this still going on? You guys are pretty sensitive if a simple aside that I made as an afterthought can cause more than half a day of consternation. I didn't even notice that RC said anything with regards to the win, I was mainly reacting with amusement to Tabris' self coronation as King of the West. Can you guys let go now?

Ask him if he's a cop he has to tell you

Acid08

Banned

This screams "you're going to get robbed" to me. No way this motherfucker doesn't have an extra $100 around when he can throw in an ounce for free. Shit doesn't add up unless someone is just giving him copious amount of bud for free.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Isn't that a myth? Lol.

If you trust the guy, just do it. If he ends up not sending it to you, what can you do, complain to Craigslist that he didn't send you the drugs he promised? Take a leap of faith, especially if there aren't any other bites on the line.

Can you even complain to Craigslist at all? If not, someone is just as likely to screw you by not sending the money period. Maybe have him send it first or something.

Giggzy

This screams "you're going to get robbed" to me. No way this motherfucker doesn't have an extra $100 around when he can throw in an ounce for free. Shit doesn't add up unless someone is just giving him copious amount of bud for free.

He said his friend gave it to him after doing some work for him. He doesn't smoke, so it's just sitting around. He only offered it if I smoke as extra incentive to sell the laptop to him, if I don't want it he won't bring it. He would be coming from 90 minutes away

TUSR

Banned

get him to sell it and make up the difference. cash only.

Top Bottom