• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

I PVRed the Leafs' game, because I had lots of work to do. Skimmed through it later on, when I was exhausted, after I'd seen the score with 10 minutes left.

Good to see that they won. It looked like an okay game. Karlsson had a bad game. I didn't like some of the goals Reimer let in, but he made some really good saves.

I PVRed the Leafs' game, because I had lots of work to do. Skimmed through it later on, when I was exhausted, after I'd seen the score with 10 minutes left.

Good to see that they won. It looked like an okay game. Karlsson had a bad game. I didn't like some of the goals Reimer let in, but he made some really good saves.

Reimer is a goalie that gets hot as the game goes on. I wish there was a way for him to consistently start as if every period was the third.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Waiving Bourque could be a precursor to some trade. Surprised we couldn't get a shit draft pick for him after the playoffs at least.

Do Moen next PLS.
Fucking Therrien.

BTW the first game I'll be going to is vs. the Blues on the 20th, hope the Habs don't get lit up.
At least Moen is good defensively, but yeah, Bergevin needs to do something with him by the deadline.

calder

I wish I could say "told you so" to some Habs fans about the Bourque waive but every single Habs fan on the internet thought it was a bad trade almost from the get go. And every hockey fan thought his contract was bad day one too.

Waiving Bourque could be a precursor to some trade. Surprised we couldn't get a shit draft pick for him after the playoffs at least.

At least Moen is good defensively, but yeah, Bergevin needs to do something with him by the deadline.

The real question is. Who would want Bourque?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nothing like it. It's one loss, don't be so bitter. Not like you just lost the Cup.

Already said I'm proud of the way they played. I'm glad to be scraping together some loser points during this stretch. I just, again, found it amusing. I save my salt for the Sharks and Kings, not Vancouver.

By the way, thank you for being one of maybe six people I've seen in my life to use the term "begging the question" correctly.

Ursn

do NOT get started on anime with TUSR pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

then watch Gurren Lagann & Attack on Titan.
Alright I'll check them out. Attack on Titan sounds interesting from the little I read about it.
You better not be a flithy commie, new guy. Or some sort of Euro.
Hahaha if you mean me, no I'm neither.
Ursn!

Welcome to the Ducks Age.

To the Ducks Age.

Opening_zps8myhj9wd.gif
Thanks Calamari. Your gifs are the best.
Ursn already left. Good job weirdos.
I had to sleep to forget the loss faster. Now to look forward to beating LA on Wednesday!
Hey, what's up. We have almost exactly the same anime history. Just add Escaflowne to your list.

I think you would enjoy Haibane Renmei. Also made by the Lain people. It's about a bunch of kids in a weird purgatory-like space. And they grow angel wings. And have halos. And not everything is resolved by the end.
An anime with religious imagery and teenage angst that remains unresolved? Sounds about right, I'll check it out too. I've needed new things to watch.
LOL

Welcome Ursn
Thanks shadowkat

Red_Man

Rene Bourque in a #Habs uniform (reg. season only): 141 GP, 21 G, 18 A, 39 pts, 15:35 TOI/game.
God damn.

I wish I could say "told you so" to some Habs fans about the Bourque waive but every single Habs fan on the internet thought it was a bad trade almost from the get go. And every hockey fan thought his contract was bad day one too.
I was fine with the trade, Cammalleri needed to go, and Bourque was the type of forward we needed, and still need. Didn't work out and he was given every opportunity. I don't mind him as a person, but there's not much hockey left in him.

Red_Man

Marc Antoine Godin is saying that if Bork isn't claimed or moved by next summer, they plan on buying him out. Bergevin isn't fucking around, it's nice having a proactive GM. He said if the kids play well enough, he'll make room for them, and he's doing exactly that.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
God damn.

I was fine with the trade, Cammalleri needed to go, and Bourque was the type of forward we needed, and still need. Didn't work out and he was given every opportunity. I don't mind him as a person, but there's not much hockey left in him.

Yup, Cammy was playing like dog shit.

Red_Man

Downloading MCC right now. Won't be able to play until tomorrow unfortunately, but I'm pretty pumped.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Too many good games to play and coming out. MCC, Dragon Age, AC Unity, Horizon 2, Diablo 3, GTAV. Need more hours in a day.

I don't know, I find myself just not caring as much about this season for some reason. Usually when they played and such I would try to catch some of the game before turning it off in disgust of their suckiness, but now I'm starting to not even care if they lose. Like seriously, me not caring if the Wings lose and raging (sure it has happened this year but lately it just seems less so). I'm also not following NHL news as closely as I have in years past, I still try to keep up to date but not religiously anymore, just enough to get by.

Maybe I'm just getting hockey'd out right now, I've been playing quite a bit on weekends for pretty much the past year and a half which I enjoy doing, maybe playing so much has made me just not care about watching the games instead.

Strange times I tell you, strange times.

Solo

Been away for a few days meeting the GF's rents. Nice to see the Habs finally win convincingly and love that Bourque is finally gone. Good riddance.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Know how Detroit has been so terrible at the shootout over the last 3 years?

Here's Babcock when asked about the lack of success:
Obviously, that's something I don't spend a whole lot of time on," Babcock said when asked about the shootout. "That's why I got this great video guy named Andrew Brewer. He does all that work and he comes out and tells me who to shoot.

Wow, thanks Mike! Way to go! You've lost 17 shootouts over the last 2+ seasons, some of those which cost you a higher playoff seeding, and you "don't spend a whole lot of time on it."

zroid

Banned
Know how Detroit has been so terrible at the shootout over the last 3 years?

Here's Babcock when asked about the lack of success:

Wow, thanks Mike! Way to go!

Ken Holland is one of the biggest proponents of 3 on 3 in OT right? Makes sense.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ken Holland is one of the biggest proponents of 3 on 3 in OT right? Makes sense.

Yep. So his solution is just pray the league changes it instead of practicing.

Red_Man

Habs have to call up a forward from Hamilton now that Bourque is gone, I'd love to see Hudon, but I have a feeling it will be Tangradi or Dumont. Some grinder like that.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thanks Calamari. Your gifs are the best.

I like this kid.

You're going places, Ursn!

I will still be out of the country for the Kings game on Wednesday, but hopefully the rest of Ducks Age will be able to mentor you on the proper ways to make fun of Kings fans.

Tabris

Already said I'm proud of the way they played. I'm glad to be scraping together some loser points during this stretch. I just, again, found it amusing. I save my salt for the Sharks and Kings, not Vancouver.

You let some salt spill yesterday. Save that up for Sharks and Kings.

kingslunk

oh look who finally showed up

your boy is a trash can

Rousell is one of the few people on this team giving 110% day in and day out.

If he gets so emotionally invested in a regular season game he has to sucker punch someone I'm okay with that.

Much better than alex goalagainstme playing with no emotion.

Rousell is one of the few people on this team giving 110% day in and day out.

If he gets so emotionally invested in a regular season game he has to sucker punch someone I'm okay with that.

Much better than alex goalagainstme playing with no emotion.

But the thing is, is that a good player should be able to play at that level consistently without having to resort to dirty tactics.

Every team has a guy that plays their hardest every night. But not every team has a guy who goes around hitting the goalie for no reason and then following that up by hitting another player while being protected by a referee. There is a big difference there.

Top Bottom